• 1 Post By firebolts
  • 1 Post By Wonk
  • 1 Post By Oblivion333
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 2 Post By Aesha
  • 2 Post By Nesi

Thread: Dream Weaver item bug?

Default Dream Weaver item bug?

Ok, so lately, I haven't been able to see the small wildfires and the cooking fire and the lightning and the charred ground effect in my dim.

Is it me or is there a bug with "light" items? Do I need to get a new graphics card? LOL

It's driving me nuts. I can't even take screenshots of my latest dim, because the effects I want aren't there. I checked all my settings and the FX setting and everything is on. I tried high and ultra high settings, but no difference.

So, please tell me it's a bug and Trion is going to fix it?!

I have had issues with the boggling lamps they dont light up for me half the time and I still cant see the new rainbow. My graphics are on ultra. I hope it is not the computer I love my computer Trion gave me so very much.

Telaran

Sometimes when working on my new build I've noticed that every so often some lights turn off and some "glowy" effects don't show. eg some brevane wall lights show only the colour but don't glow. When this happens many of the new terrain paints don't show. Other times every thing is visable and looking good.

Something I found the other day. - When I'm building I often invite my husbands toon to what I'm working on to get a different perspective on what I've done mainly because he has a much bigger and better moniter and graphic card. Found that most of the new effects and some glowy stuff don't show up on his screen at all (in particular burning earth). When looking at identical view the effects show up on my comp but not his so it must be the settings? He has ground clutter on low and shadows turned off - havent compared rest but most of the other things he has set to high for raiding.

I think the problem may be in two parts - one some type of bug and the other the settings?

Regarding the rainbow - I found mine the other day when looking upwards in a different area to the base item - seems the rainbow must have a very high arc. Now when I place one I reduce it to minimum and move the thing around up down sideways clicking place seeing if I can see it etc etc until I find it and can manipulate it to where I want the effect!

Hope this helps a bit

Thanks for your replies. It seems that sometimes all the effects work as intended, but most of the times they are not. I do wonder if some of the updates that were pushed out affected ATI HD graphic cards.

Or maybe I just need to update mine LOL

on the pts I just needed to turn up my graphics but now in game many of the dream weaving items don't work at random =\ I put in some of the weather blockers in my ice palace and it works at random =\ I'm thinking o.O I was better off with my fire sky projector that worked at random=\ it's starting to make me feel like I do not want to play rift as much=\ once again.=P
    Last edited by firebolts; 03-11-2014 at 08:16 AM.

I can live with the effects taking time off, but the real eye-sore is the DW items that remain visible, the white pyramid is suppose to disappear when you leave edit mode, yet they remain and ruin the effect... I then have to bury the white pyramid in the terrain or object which restricts the ability to place it properly.
    I often wonder if visitors see these too, cause nothing ruins the atmosphere in a build like seeing the mechanics of effects instead of the effect itself.

And to those who worry it's the computer or video card... it's not... if you reboot the program all the light problems are solved, for awhile, then slowly it returns as time goes by, however, I have not found this to be true of the visible DW items, so it looks like another problem.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Default Dimension item issues

Rainbow
    Not viewable at times and completely missing in action if you add a projector to the dimension. For example: I have a Conquest Projector but you will not see the rainbow.

Carnival Lights
    The description says it will light at night. However, what if your dimension is daylight 24/7? Also I added a Conquest Projector since it has a night background but alas the carnival lights still don't light up. So does that mean it really doesn't light up?

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

I loved working on my Temple of the Abandoned Temple, but lately, I don't even want to touch a dim, even so I have plenty of ideas. It's rather discouraging to see these effects off and on.

Plus what Wonk said. If I leave my dim and come back, the blue "place holder" things for the effects are usually gone. However, I could still see the ones for the floating motes in my dim. Even so I just went in to check it out and never turned on edit mode, yet the pyramid thing was still visible. *sigh*

What a mess LOL I know dream weaving is still new and so with new things, there will be bugs. However, has that not been extensively tested on the PTS? I sure hope they are doing more testing and get some fixes into place, if that is even possible.

As for the carnival lights lighting up, I have never seen any "night lights" light up when I place a projector. I think they are tied to the game day/night cycle and are not fooled by projectors.

Night lighting objects are not fooled by anything.. but are based on "game" (not server) time.

do /time.. and check out what time it is in the game world itself.

midnight to 6am is the sweet spot for testing night lighting objects.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Yeah I normally can't see most terrain paints, sometimes the fires won't show up, most of the time they will. The new Petals weren't loading for awhile, I submitted some reports, and the Petals finally worked. The Rainbow is still missing and I should probably try the paints again since there's been a few hotfixes.

Last time we were asked to Submit Bug Reports when things weren't showing up, I imagine we should just continue doing that so they can look into it on the tech side!

+ Reply to Thread