+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ral
  • 2 Post By Nouvae

Thread: Is anyone else having these graphic/video issues?

Default Is anyone else having these graphic/video issues?

Hi, I posted the message below into the Tech Support forums last night but it kind of got buried and no one has commented yet, so I thought I would ask if any one else was having these graphic issues in the game and in their dimensions? Please see this post for explanation & screenshots:

Is this a bug? Video issues since 2.6 Patch release

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 02-15-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Apparently others are having the same issues, I just found a post in the General Forums...

Graphical Anomalies sine 2.6

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Just be aware it is the weekend humans must do human things sometimes! Heh and just a side note: I went and checked my dimensions on live with similar items and they are still the same colours to me so I wondered if your advanced settings had the following ticked?

Attachment 16997

Ral
    Rift Master

My guess is that they messed up the shading model they are using for some objects, either by applying the wrong shaders/equations to the objects, or messing with the lighting equation in the shaders used for those objects.

One glaring example of this is in the Greenscale Chronicle where a non-realistic shading is applied to the hedges. You may note this is the same shading model as the highlighting effect used on selected/mouseover characters.

It appears this model uses a view dependent diffuse component versus a realistic view independent diffuse component. Basically the amount of light/shade is being determined by the angle between the viewer and light source rather then the angle between the surface and light source. Thus when the viewer moves, the light/shade changes when that should only happen for the specular highlights (like on metal/shiny surfaces).

I was having issues similar to this, where plants that would normally not show up in my dimension all of a sudden started appearing, even with the groundrazer mushroom. I messed around with my settings to figure out what was happening and found that "Enable Detail Objects" was the culprit. By turning that off and restarting the game (you can force the game to restart the graphics by just changing your texture quality if you want), it might end up fixing your problem.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Thanks for the replies, apparently it's not my graphics card, several others have been talking about the issues in the other forums. Once the servers are back up I will bug report it, didn't know I could do that in-game.

I run similar settings Kiwi, I tried your settings as you posted and it was still happening.

Sounds like a shading issue for sure Ral, it's happening in every zone, the white haze on plants similar to when you hover over someones character but its permanently on the landscaping.

I'll let this thread die now, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with the problem.

+ Reply to Thread