+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SoulshadowDK

Thread: dimension green barriers -- changed?

Telaran

Default dimension green barriers -- changed?

In Icewatch Outpost, the barriers used to be much further than they are now. I put several houses and other items where the old barrier was -- to "mark the limits" and make it obvious to myself and to visitors. Those items are now OUTSIDE the green barrier, and not by a small distance, and I cannot approach them. For instance, at the one end of the bridge, the new barrier cuts narrowly across, almost making the bridge useless and certainly ruining that end for decoration purposes. The problem is, until the most recent patch, the barrier was further up the road, to the next "intersection". My wife and several friends visited and just walked up the road to where the houses now are -- until now. Now we all smack up against the barrier -- and all those buildings and items are now "beyond" the barrier.
    What the heck? Why would you SHRINK our existing dimensions? The same thing happened at the other end of the bridge -- I had a house placed overlooking that one end that I could run around, right up to the barrier. The barrier this morning split the house -- ran right through it. Couldn't go around it. I picked that one up, because I could select it. The others at the other end are not selectable.
    What the hell is going on?????

The barrier in icewatch outpost is really annoying.
    I have many item outside the barrier now.

Please replace the barrier where it was before 2.6.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

The barrier in icewatch outpost is really annoying.
    I have many item outside the barrier now.

Please replace the barrier where it was before 2.6.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Telaran

Default why? what was the point?

I still don't understand why they would shrink it back like they did. The limit pre-2.6 actually let the ends of the bridge be useful -- the way it is now, the bridge is pointless, since the one end barely has any room to actually get to it, much less decorate/build something.
    I have 2 houses and a pile of plant/tree/boulders that are just inside the old (pre-2.6) border that are now well outside the ill-conceived new border.
    Furious doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. This is so utterly stupid -- why, in the midst of rolling out a ton of stuff to encourage housing, would you do something like this that directly ruins what people have put time and effort into?
    Thanks, Rift. First time I've actually lost my desire to log in. Thanks for that.

You should check out this thread. In the initial post, Faratha specifically mentions the dimension in question, and asks for feedback about the placement, etc.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4666258
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    First time I've actually lost my desire to log in. Thanks for that.
    Don't lose heart! I know it's frustrating when a previously accessible area gets cut off in a change, this has happened before and I want to encourage you to not give up. Faratha and her team do frequent this forum and they hear our plight. Since the shape of the green wall has changed (stated in the forum mentioned above) it is still possible for them to expand the wall so that our bridge is not useless. I have my Icewatch currently packed up, but when I did look at it I was impressed with the size and room. If there is anything specific besides the ends of the bridge that you think should be included I'm sure it would be helpful to them in restoring a good boundry to the dimension. We might not get everything back, but with some constructive criticism we can help them fix this.

Telaran

Default confused

So, this was on purpose? You cut it so that one end of the bridge is nearly inaccessible and certainly useless as far as decorating/item placement goes? Deliberately?
    In what universe does that make sense?
    The rest of the dimension is fine. Clipping the other end of the bridge area was less annoying. But you literally cut off even the intersection of the road to get TO the end of the bridge.
    It would be less frustrating if I could come up with a reason -- that makes sense -- for them to have cut this the way they cut it. Lopping off area isn't my objection -- doing so in a way that says "hm, this road goes to an intersection, and one side goes to the bridge. Let's lop off the intersection, so they can only get to the bridge by sliding along the line of the cliff! That'll be fun!"
    ok, ranting /off. Seriously, fix this. It's ridiculous. Plus, how am I supposed to know which "house with deck" is the one that's beyond the barrier -- I can't just select the house, it's outside the barrier, which apparently prevents you from selecting it. And unless I want to have to re-place another 'house with deck', should I choose the wrong one from the list... let's just say, you've accomplished something, Trion: you've made me not want to tinker with my housing. Which is the main reason I play. Congratulations.
    (I guess I'm far too bitter to turn off the rant, sorry)

+ Reply to Thread