+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Treble

Thread: Suggestions for sails?

Default Suggestions for sails?

Alright Dimensioneers. Dimensionauts? I'm looking for suggestions for building sails for some sky ships I have docked in my dimension's aerodrome. The hulls were easy, and I've created "anti-grav" pods from stasis tubes and blue glowy things(TM), but they desperately need some sails. Sure, they would likely be furled for safekeeping while at dock, but where's the fun in that?

I was going through the dimension store looking for ideas but I'm also wondering if there are any drops that would be a better source. The ships are the size of barges, though I have a couple of small speedboats as well.

Dirigibles would be another option as well, I could also build football shaped balloons, I guess.

Cheers!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Hrm...sails. It's a good thing I'm not much of a morpher, but here are some thoughts:

Life platform leaves, for the dirigibles and smaller boats, for a winglike appearance (they make awesome bug wings, at any rate).

The webs that came from the Autumn Harvest event, but I've heard there's issues when they're rotated, they go invisible.

Triangular pirate netting and rectangular pirate netting, for 5 lucky coins each, if I remember correctly.

I have seen a hot air balloon made out of flour sacks, burlap sacks might work as well and be much cheaper.

The death arches from the expert artifact sets. I've seen people use them for wings, I don't think sails would be much more of a stretch.

Plain wooden planks, spun out into fans.

Everything but the nets and planks would have stuff to hide at some point, so it might depend on the direction your ships face. Sounds interesting, though, and I'd love to know what you come up with and see it when it's done.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what works tonight.

I do have the pirate netting, which is helpful but lacks the mass to stand out from a distance. Sacks are an interesting suggestion for a balloon.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what works tonight.

I do have the pirate netting, which is helpful but lacks the mass to stand out from a distance. Sacks are an interesting suggestion for a balloon.
    The webs from Autumn Harvest may have the same issues as the nets.

Good luck!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

You could try a sobek bed, dropped in Stonefield. I'm not sure how the maximum size will work for you, but it does have a nice billow.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread