• 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By polynomia
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Jaedor

Thread: Storage

Default Storage

HI, All

Was wondering if it would be possible if Trion could add a dimension vault for storage of dim items within our dim that we could purchase sorta like a bartender. Does anyone else think that this would be useful?

Well we already have a couple of free dimensions available and can have two active dimensions for free as well. So what lots of folks do is build on one dimension and set the other to private and keep it for storage. You can always add more active dimension slots for 100p each if you want and buy more dimensions as well.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 02-05-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Agreed, That Is what i have been doing also. Hate having to zone to get stuff though.

Thanks for replying it was just a random thought i had.

Shadowlander

I now have two storage dimensions but... it doesn't help much for the massive amount of building parts I have in large stacks I acquired from either remodeling or tearing down to rebuild entirely. I started a guild bank on an alt to hold them for now until there is a better solution available.

I believe that is going to be my next step.....If i continue building larger stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberith View Post
    HI, All

Was wondering if it would be possible if Trion could add a dimension vault for storage of dim items within our dim that we could purchase sorta like a bartender. Does anyone else think that this would be useful?
    I have been asking for this for a long time. While using a spare dimension "works" especially with the new search and sort features, having designated storage would be much better. My banks and bags are already filled with things my characters need for gameplay and crafting, having something that holds ONLY dimension items would free up a slot, meaning I wouldn't have to spend 100p to buy another dim slot to open my new Icewatch instead of replacing my storage dim.

Yeah I wasn't going to mention how many storage dims I have on my account...>.>. Did someone mention hoarding??
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

I am a massive dimension item hoarder myself, I already use a lot of dimensions just for storage but I also have a lot of stuff in very large stacks.
    Having a bank of sorts to deposit stacks in would really make my life a lot easier, and make my clicking finger less sore when moving it around

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

We're not going to discuss hoarding tendencies here...

I have 2 large storage dimensions so far, with some overflow kept in a third. I maintain one alt to hold nothing but dimension items, with a fully upgraded bank and the largest bags I could make. That's the same toon I build with, so I can try to keep my dim items consolidated so I don't have to do a bunch of digging/sorting/whatever. When things only vendor for 1s, I'm certainly not going to vendor anything, but the stuff I have that I know I won't use, I drop off in Take a Penny, Leave a Penny (there should be one of these on nearly every shard).

It would be great if there was storage available for just dimension items, and would alleviate a lot of digging, to try to remember where I put something.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

My bank alt has one dim for just exterior dimension items and another for just interior items. As both of those approach full, Take a Penny, Leave a Penny becomes a very attractive alternative. Thanks for letting us use that dim, Bara. Also, clean out your inbox! :P

+ Reply to Thread