+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By RealButterfly
  • 4 Post By Kiwi
  • 10 Post By Faratha
  • 1 Post By stickybudz

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: About dimension access permissions

Default About dimension access permissions

Hi,
    I searched for info about this in forums but didn't find so I will ask here.

You know how you can set who can enter your specific dimension without invitation whenever he wants to, and your options are noone/friends/guild/public?

My question is can you set this permissions for specific people only by name? So, can I set that persons X, Y and Z can enter my dimension without invitation whenever they like, but only them (and not all of my friends)?

And if not, I would like very much for this option to be implemented. That would be awesome.

So i can have in example:
    - lovers nest (only me and 1 more soecific person allowed)
    - hangout for my closest bunch (only few specific people allowed)

Thanks for your answer. If there is already a way to set this it will be great, and if not, then i hope something like this will happen.

(I know that i can manually invite people, but that is not what i want. I want those specific people to be able to enter even when I'm not online, and only them, noone else.)
    Last edited by RealButterfly; 02-04-2014 at 08:45 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealButterfly View Post
    Hi,
    I searched for info about this in forums but didn't find so I will ask here.

You know how you can set who can enter your specific dimension without invitation whenever he wants to, and your options are noone/friends/guild/public?

My question is can you set this permissions for specific people only by name? So, can I set that persons X, Y and Z can enter my dimension without invitation whenever they like, but only them (and not all of my friends)?

And if not, I would like very much for this option to be implemented. That would be awesome.

So i can have in example:
    - lovers nest (only me and 1 more soecific person allowed)
    - hangout for my closest bunch (only few specific people allowed)

Thanks for your answer. If there is already a way to set this it will be great, and if not, then i hope something like this will happen.

(I know that i can manually invite people, but that is not what i want. I want those specific people to be able to enter even when I'm not online, and only them, noone else.)
    Not optimal, but you could put only those people on your friends' list, then close your dimension off to everyone but the friends' list.

Currently, there is not this option, to list people by name.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Not optimal, but you could put only those people on your friends' list, then close your dimension off to everyone but the friends' list.

Well, having my friend list locked to 2-3 people is not an option.

If there is no way to set this at the moment, I hope that someone official who comes across this thread will consider suggestion to implement it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

As a side note this is why I built two things on an alt for only specific people on that alts (I never play) friends list that consists of only people on that friend list and I can access and build from my main any time. Not as helpful knowing you've already built but handy for future projects should changes not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    As a side note this is why I built two things on an alt for only specific people on that alts (I never play) friends list that consists of only people on that friend list and I can access and build from my main any time. Not as helpful knowing you've already built but handy for future projects should changes not occur.
    This sounds like a perfect solution to your problem.

Well, yeah, that solution doesn't help with 2 of my already purchased and max upgraded dimensions.

Also how many alt slots would i need then? Alts that i would never play (or else they would need functional friend list too), so solution is far from perfect.

This workaround actively discourages having many active dimensions, and I think it would be in Trions interest to encourage usage (and thus purchasing) of more dimenisons, which includes all the money from upgrading and decorating them.

If you could on your one main char designate who in particular can access which dimension, there would be more incentive to build and decorate more dimensions for more applications.

Implementing additional permission category (by name list) to your dimensions would be not only in Trion interest (encouragement for people to have more dimensions), but also in our players interest, as it would give us better QoL dimension wise, and remove some restrictions we now have due to this limit.

Thanks for this workaround advices though. Though these will only work for limited number of people with modest needs.

What it would be good for us though is not to say "hey, this workaround might help a bit, even if not for everything" but rather "Yes, Trion, please give us this additional permissions, thank you!"

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealButterfly View Post
    A special "dimension friends" permissions feature has been on our wish list for a while. It is something we want, but I can't promise when we'll find the resources to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post

Unfortunately the Friend's List feature is seriously flawed as anyone can add you as friend without you knowing and enter any dimension you set to friends only.

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Wow I thought that in order to enter my dimensions as a friend.. that are set to friends... they had to be on my list. That if we were not mutual friends the dimension wouldn't even show up on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by Archuntress View Post
    Wow I thought that in order to enter my dimensions as a friend.. that are set to friends... they had to be on my list. That if we were not mutual friends the dimension wouldn't even show up on their list.
    It says that but it doesn't actually work that way. So you can put someone on your friends list and 99% of the time you'll have friend-level access. About 1% of the time it doesn't work and I have yet to discover the reason why or why not.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Thanks for answer.

I'd add one think to wish list (maybe it's already there).
    I understand there is marriage in rift? Would be nice that you can give special permissions to your spouse then.

In example, your spouse can decorate house with you (logical), however your friends can't just come and move your closet if they wish.

So wish is separate permissions for spouse at least. I think this would be easier then specific friend access.
    Last edited by RealButterfly; 02-08-2014 at 11:18 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by stickybudz View Post
    Unfortunately the Friend's List feature is seriously flawed as anyone can add you as friend without you knowing and enter any dimension you set to friends only.
    I have sent in a bug report about this along with another massive one - it helped with the recent contest though for sure and I believe the new "search" option coming in 2.6 is the key however I will be checking this flaw along with many others I'm sure when 2.6 goes live.

+ Reply to Thread