+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Hey guys !!

Default Hey guys !!

1st let me say dimensions are a feature that I never thought I would be interested in, I spend 90% of my time PvPing - having that I have been doing some reading on the forums and I have watched many vids on youtube showcasing different dimensions and I am quite impressed with the skills, imagination and coordination of the 'Dimensioning community' in Rift ! I want to learn more !

I believe I may have stumbled upon some of this info before but I cant find it again - I have a few questions -

1. How do I see the list of highest rated dimensions ?
    2. How do I enter them ?
    3. How do I make my dimensions public / invite others to visit and view them ?

Thank you for your help, once again I want to say I am very impressed with the dedication and creativity as well as their willingness to help other members of this community in Rift !
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

Welcome to the community!

To access the dimension interface hit [ and there you'll find dimensions sorted by yours, friends, guildies and public. They are already sorted by highest recommendation, the weekly can be a bit more telling than the all time since they're usually more current/new.

To make your own dimension public, click the tab on the right labelled permissions. When top box of each group is check this simply allows those people to enter and view, if you want friends or guildies to help you build then you can check the boxes below for whichever level of access you would like them to have. I wouldn't recommend doing this for public unless you like chaos

Thanks for the quick reply
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

Welcome to the addiction!

Press [ and navigate to the "Public" tab on the left to see the top ranked dimensions for the shard you're on. Each shard has its own list. The weekly tab will show you the newest creations. Once you're looking at that list there will be a big blue button next to each one that you click to enter.

The permissions for your own dimensions are on the second horizontal tab of the "Mine" section. Once you have entered your own there's a small round button that will let you enter names of folks to directly invite, or you can advertise in various chat channels for people to go whenever they want.

riftdreamdimensions.com usually has all this information in a pictoral guide format, but it's down for editing right now.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Remember that dimensions are open to the public by default. Depending on your shard, it may take between 5-14 votes to hit the weekly or all time lists. If you have a new build and want to at least put it on the list, run your level 10 (minimum) alts through and plus it up.

One good thing to keep in mind is that a lot of highly voted dimensions are well deserving of their votes, but there are some truly spectacular dimensions lower on the vote totem pole and it may take some doing to dig them up, but discovery, I think, is half the fun.

A good way to sort through some of those numbers is to type in a specific dimension name, i.e Faen's Retreat (or whatever), and pick from there. Chances are pretty good, if it's at the default name and has only a couple of votes, it's going to be empty (so this is also a good way to preview a dimension before sinking coin into it), but you may be pleasantly surprised.

Welcome to the addiction!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Welcome to THE zone.

+ Reply to Thread