+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shellback
  • 1 Post By Serathe

Thread: "Pick-up" Vendors in dimension

Default "Pick-up" Vendors in dimension

So, being able to invite friends to your dimension is cool and all. BUT, you know what would be cooler?

Scenario: I just purchased something on the auction house. I've got mail. Inside the mail it congratulates me for winning an item, and provides a consumable teleport to the players dimension I purchased it from to pick up my item.

Now, this wouldn't be mandatory as some people do not enjoy playing with their dimensions.. BUT, it could be an alternative... for example, the auction house taxes you to post items. What if placing all your items on your dimension vendor let you do it with no tax?

You would still search on the auction house for all of your shopping needs, but would add an extra fun aspect to shopping, and would only take someone a quick second to teleport over, pick up their stuff, and leave. Plus, while they are there maybe they'll want to browse your vendors for other items you have on there if they think you price things fairly, and could bookmark your location if they want to return for future shopping of similar items.

If you price fairly and people like your shops, it would give incentive for repeat customers to come directly to you instead of going to the AH first.

Anyway, just seems that would be great fun to me. I love to decorate my dimension but I know no one has seen it, and this would just be a fun way to have some visitors
    Last edited by Shellback; 01-31-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Also, just in case something goes wrong with picking up the item, if the item isn't picked up within 24 hours it could automatically be mailed as a safeguard backup.

Something else fun to think about... if you have your own vendors and people love shopping from your store... you could have a custom wish list that people could fill out on your vendor... sort of like making orders for things, that you could specifically fill for that person.

now THAT would be a fun new crafting incentive.

Rift Chaser

First off. i love the idea of the in dimension pick up vendor. But I would make a few in my eyes (feel free to disagree) important changes to the plan you suggested.

You talk about the added benefit of having the one offering the items on the AH not having to play the TAX. I think that's the wrong way round. The one offering the pick up and the item has the benefit by having people visit his/her dimension. It's the whole point of this really. If it's to save the seller money, why would the buyer bother if it doesn't benefit him/her really. In fact it might be the opposite for him/her and they might start to hate this option with a passion. Which isn't a good advertisement for dimensions. People should want to visit it, not be forced to visit it.

The one picking it up, especially when pressed for time, or having to pick up many items from different sellers, will loose a lot of time. And if mandatory at a lot of times against his/her will. Zoning in different dimensions, seeking the vendor in the dimension, interacting, and zoning out. For each different seller. For no benefit what so ever unless they find this fun to do. People might conciser it a very inconvenient placed forced mailbox. Especially if they do not even care (much) for dimensions in the first place. They would feel forced into the dimension, where they normally just had to walk a few steps to the mailbox and pick it all up with one click of a button.
    So I think there should be an added benefit for the buyer, not the seller, as a reward for visiting the dimension to pick up. Like a discount or something (taken from the sellers profit, keep the TAX as it's there to be a money sink). And make it not mandatory.

So in short, the seller uses it as (mildly payed) advertisement for people to visit their dimension. And Trion adds another (small) money sink with it making it perhaps worthwhile for them to invest time in, and give dimensions another boost.
    Last edited by Serathe; 02-03-2014 at 02:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread