+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Drop rate of dimension items in IPP

Telaran

Default Drop rate of dimension items in IPP

Ok, I am in love with Icewatch Outpost, I really am, it isn't easy to decorate due to the lack of good snowy things (I know the lists of items).

This brings me to my point, the drop rate of dimension items in IPP is broken and has been since the end of Fae Yule. I have achieved killing 5,000 cultists in IPP in the past month (not kidding, I have the achievement). Not a single item has fallen of ANY kind for dimensions. Not a single item has been on the AH that dropped from a mob of any kind there. I have messaged the people who have put up the one snowy house on the AH in a month, and the snowy fern clumps that have appeared. They told me they were cleaning house and forgot they had them and had gotten them a long time ago.

I understand dimension items shouldn't rain on folks. I am ok with the tedious slaying of thousands of creatures to get one item, I played WoW, I'm used to it, but I am not ok with no one getting dimension items.

I thought I'd bring it up in the hope that a dev takes a gander at it and see if someone forgot to uncomment a line of code after Fae Yule.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Rift Disciple

I've also had items drop in other zones, but not IPP. It *is* rather strange, and I truly hope it's not a glitch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Freneticfangs View Post
    I've also had items drop in other zones, but not IPP. It *is* rather strange, and I truly hope it's not a glitch.
    I should have mentioned that I have gotten dimension items in other zones too, but IPP seems to have dried up

Probably a stupid question but... are you mentoring down?

You can also get some snow-laden stuff from doing the fishing quests in IPP. It's not ideal, obviously, but it's better than nothing at all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by efitall View Post
    Probably a stupid question but... are you mentoring down?

You can also get some snow-laden stuff from doing the fishing quests in IPP. It's not ideal, obviously, but it's better than nothing at all.
    I haven't been mentoring down, I've been cutting a swath around the region (as long as no one is trying to quest there) in the hopes that something, anything will drop.

If you think mentoring down would help I'll try but I have asked every person I have run into who is the right level if they have gotten a dimension item drop, asked them to mail me or message me, if they find anything and they all came back with,"Are you sure dimension items drop here?"

I don't have problems getting things to drop in other zones. And I have gotten about as many snowy fishing rewards as you can get without looking like a fleet of fisherman died in my dimension.
    Last edited by Hmmmmm; 01-29-2014 at 09:06 AM.

I have never mentored down to farm world dimension drops before. And am still getting items everywhere else except IPP.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmmm View Post
    And I have gotten about as many snowy fishing rewards as you can get without looking like a fleet of fisherman died in my dimension.
    I'm so sorry, but this made me burst out laughing. Snowy rowboats FTL.

I have never, not one time, gotten a dimension item to drop in IPP. Mentored or not, humanoids, animals, elementals, it makes no difference. I can go into any other zone and, while I might not get the item I'm after, I will at least get something to drop.

For me, even fishing drops are few and far between, unless I'm just picking the rare fish to turn in for boxes. Fishing for boxes has devolved into wasted lures. My RNG has never been good, but the drop rates here have just gotten beyond horrible to nonexistent.
    Last edited by Feendish; 01-29-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I found the ipp drop rate was bad in the first place but that is just awful

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Sorry about this.

The dimension item drops accidentally got disconnected when we made our recent changes to Iron Pine Peak.

Thank you for pointing it out, and we're getting it fixed ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Sorry about this.

The dimension item drops accidentally got disconnected when we made our recent changes to Iron Pine Peak.

Hey maybe give it a poke and make the items drop a little bit not so rarely to hehe. For no other reason then just because you love us and we love you.

Telaran

Sorry about this.

Thank you SO, SO much, I appreciate you looking into it and to know I am not crazy (about this anyway).

Hi All,
    I am new to Rift and have really been enjoying the dimension end of the game. I have been working on the new Icewatch dim and have been trying to collect some of the world drops for it and notice its almost impossible...like the burning fireplaces dropped in ipp. I believe the thread above now explains why or no?....Are they really just that rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Saberith View Post
    Hi All,
    I am new to Rift and have really been enjoying the dimension end of the game. I have been working on the new Icewatch dim and have been trying to collect some of the world drops for it and notice its almost impossible...like the burning fireplaces dropped in ipp. I believe the thread above now explains why or no?....Are they really just that rare?
    Welcome to the addiction. They are rare but not as rare as they have been.

Sorry about this.

Ahh, that explains it
    I thought I was just incredibly unlucky when trying to farm for the lit fireplaces
    Last edited by polynomia; 01-29-2014 at 06:14 PM.

I don't think the lit fire is rare for me. Just since the no dropping of items at all in IPP. I seem to get it as often as any other items when the drops are working.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast