+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vaishevik
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Vaishevik

Thread: Two requests / suggestions

Default Two requests / suggestions

I'm spending more time in dimensions than any other activity in Rift right now, so big thanks to the devs for adding an activity to an MMO that rewards creativity over repetition.

There's two ideas I had while working away on my ever-expanding dim yesterday:
    1) Would it be possible to turn off the dimension "walls" visual effect? Obviously the boundaries would need to remain, but I'd like it if they could be kept invisible even when you run into them. There's times when I build up to and just beyond the boundaries, and would like people to see the room undistorted, even if they can't reach all of the areas.

2) A list of any items beyond the boundaries. I have over 1200 items, and accidentally moved some beyond the boundaries when I moved several items as a group. Since I can't click on those items once they are outside the boundaries, I then had to go through my item list to see which ones gave me a red "Cannot select item, out of range" warning so I could put them back in my bag.

Now, the obvious solution would be to not be a careless id!ot, but it would be nice to just scoop up all those items and throw them back in my bags so they aren't wasting item slots.
    I've seen the new features that are coming up that give us even more control over dimension inventory, so a big pre-emptive thanks is in order!

Glad to see another person enjoying dimensions, welcome to our crazy family!

Your first request has already been answered http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ack-twist.html

I've had similar problems with items being outside my boundary, I've ran into a bug building with a friend where if we tried manipulating the same type of item it would "disappear" and end up far out of reach. While it is annoying to find the one grey rock out of dozens if not hundreds we used to make his tower, I think if they added a feature like that it would encourage people to build outside the walls which leads to server lag. The search features they're giving us will hopefully make it easier to find those runaway items but I wouldn't count on that becoming one of the categories used to find them.

Wow, that was easy!

Thanks for the link Akhor! That's exactly what I was hoping for.

I've done a lot of work on the top of the huge wall in Boggling Boggle, but the barrier runs through the middle of the wall, which means if you walk down the center one side is all distorted. Since the top of the wall isn't very wide, it's very distracting.

What you say about people building out of bounds is true; I'm already doing it a bit. But I was moving a building on the weekend, which had a couple of hundred pieces. I used the "/toolbox" addon to move a dozen pieces at a time a set relative distance. Unfortunately, I must have held the shift key down at the wrong time, and moved one group twice, so a bunch of pieces seemed to have vanished; I didn't notice until I went back in the building and realized I was missing pieces of the walls and floors, and they were stuck in a mountain outside the barrier...

So, yeah... I certainly understand if they don't do any work in this area, but I figured I'd post it here and see if anyone else had a similar situation.

Hey, if you're ever on Deepwood, check out "The Aerodrome" (Boggling Boggle map) and you can see what I'm doing with the top of the wall; I'm trying to build a ticket booth for the airships...
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 01-27-2014 at 11:32 AM.

As for not being able to select items. If it is your last items placed open your create area and go to placed items. they will be listed on the bottom of the list. If you aren't wanting to just bag the items up because an item has been created, Hold shift and click all those items at the bottom of your list and then move it back into the area you can work with them in.
    Hope this helps you out.
    And welcome to the dimension community!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

Quote Originally Posted by benthalo View Post
    As for not being able to select items. If it is your last items placed open your create area and go to placed items. they will be listed on the bottom of the list. If you aren't wanting to just bag the items up because an item has been created, Hold shift and click all those items at the bottom of your list and then move it back into the area you can work with them in.
    Hope this helps you out.
    And welcome to the dimension community!

I appreciate the help

Unfortunately, I built the house about six months ago, so the pieces were littered thoughout my item list. I literally scrolled through all the items, and when either I saw the red, blue and green movement arrows show up outside of my dimension boundary, or when the red "out of range" error message came up, I dropped that item into my bag.

It was time for a change anyways

+ Reply to Thread