+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: ! Building contest !

Plane Touched

Default ! Building contest !

Hey all,

I am happy to announce that the building contest I had in mind will be open as off now.
    If things arent clear plz ask.

Theme : ANCIENT ROME / GREECE

tips: Gladiator fights, warships, horse charriots race, the legions, ceasar and Cleopatra, Mount Olympus and Zeus, Parthenon, Oracle of Delphi etc

Mythology is allowed but even though I have read a fair bit I would like to know what story you used so plz add that to your entry email

I will also accept things from comics like Asterix and Obelix but focus on the roman part

Rules:
    There will be 2 caterogies: Architecture and NON architecture

for each category a winner will be chosen. The price will depend on the amount of entries.
    > 10 entries: winner 1 Rex
    > 20 entries: winner 2 Rex
    > 30 entries: winner 3 Rex, second 1 Rex
    > 40 entries: winner 4 Rex, second 2 Rex
    > 50 entries: winner 5 Rex, second 2 Rex, third 1 Rex

I will allow entrance to both categories

* New builds only
    * No cooperations (there is no way I can check that so be fair)
    * Dim will be closed till opening day March 31st (reason, I dim/shard hop a lot)
    * Overall impression is important however If you want to use only part of the dim, make sure it is clear where we are to go or close it off.
    * no guild dims but any other is fine
    * no item limit
    * no material restrictions though I am aware that not everyone (including me) has access to all available items.
    * all contestants submit their entry by email : romerift@xs4all.nl Entries close March 30th.
    In you email you should have: dim name, owner, shard, category, a photobucket link or similar and a short description. Especially if using mythology. I would like to read up before judging.
    * all dims should be made public March 31st and make sure you have +1

Timeframe

I will make a list of all entries asap after closing date March 30th and post it here.
    Me and my fellow jurymembers will start hopping then. Bear in mind I do not have tons of time so it may take a bit to view all.
    We will try to make a top 10 asap and announce that here. I estimate April 15th.
    After that we will chose the top 3 within a week.

I know there will be questions on how we will judge. Well it is always a matter of taste ofc, but we will try to be a fair as possible. I know we wil be comparing apples and oranges at some point no doubt but we will do our best.

I hope I have covered all. Good luck everyone!

Super exciting!

I love the idea that all the entries are private and people can keep their ideas to themselves, but I HATE having to wait two months to see them!

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Hi everyone.

Thanks Kahlann for this new contest, as well as Treble, i like the idea that all the entries are private. I can't wait to see all entries and top 3.

Very exciting! Putting on my builders cap now! Ideas pouring through my head.
    Can't wait to see everyone's awesome work.
    Thank you for sponsoring this contest!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

Shadowlander

I am starting to build something. By new build does that mean it has to be in a dimension you never built in before as well? The dimension I want to use had something else in it that has since been cleared but it got a few one ups before i tore it down for items. Do I have to use a different one?

Aaaaaah can't wait that much time to see what people build for this!

Plane Touched

@archhuntress

you can use a dim that has been used before as long as the things u build are new

Plane Touched

I can't wait to complete my build for this competition!!!
    Last edited by Everfire; 01-26-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Sounds great! I love the theme! Might even try and build something for this contest.
    Thanks for creating such an exciting contest!

I can't wait to see these creations, sounds really exciting! Good luck everyone

nice idea, i will try to be in it , but from the european shards.

Rift Disciple

Awesome! First Question:

Can the Theme be a Book? An example without giving anything away would be Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. It involves Greek Mythology with a twist of reality. Is this exceptable?

Super excited! Cant wait for it....sure wish Dreamweaving was running live so I have the Anything Dim, lol!

Plane Touched

I dont know the book, but I would say no.
    Tales like, Icarus, minotaur of Minos, the Odessy, Hercules etc I will accept since the entire story is within the roman/greek timeframe.
    Sorry

Could you please clarify the line: "I will allow entrance to both categories" ?

Does this mean a dimension that covers both categories or the option to enter with 2 seperate dimensions, or both?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast