+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Building walls

Default Building walls

I'm looking for some help with an idea... I'm trying to build a keep addition on to my Ice Watch... but the snowy walls don't really look good stacked, so I'm stuck as far as what to use for walls.... I saw something about dream weaving when it comes out adding "paint" that you can use on the ground/walls? Shall I just wait and build normal walls? Any tips would be nice.. thanks

Also... visit my other Dimension

The Reapers Shrine
    Shard: Laethys

I have a 375 Dream Weaver on PTS, and have looked at all the paints that are available right now. But none of them are going to give you anything you want for better walls in a snowy dimension. Honestly, the snowy walls we already have are the best I can think of. You could use granite or plain stone, but they wouldn't have any snow on them.

My suggestion would be to patch up the PTS and transfer the character who has this dimension there. Then you can look at everything and try stuff out for yourself The dimension vendor in Tempest Bay is selling packages of the different dream weaving items so you don't have to level up the skill to see them

Hmm great idea... where do I get the pts? I'm new to Rift... it's not like wow where you'd have to be here x months?

better question where is this vendor you mentioned?

It's really easy. Go to the Public Test Shard Forum, and look at the second sticky post there to get started. It has a link to download the public test shard client. And no there is no required length of time to be in Rift to use the pts, at least not that I know of. After you load it up, go to your main character screen, select the character you want to copy. At the bottom right you'll see "copy to pts", so click that and don't worry about any of the warning messages, it's not the same as actually transferring.

The vendor in Tempest Bay is down in the canal area. Go down the steps from the porticulum and when you get to the bottom, turn right and go down the steps. The little building on your left is where the dimension key vendor is, and the vendor standing to the right of him has dimension items. At the bottom of her list are the packages you can purchase with the new dream weaving stuff in them. I think they cost about 1 gold, so no worries about affording them. Just make sure you have lots of room in your inventory before you right click to open them!
    Last edited by Foxfire; 01-22-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Sorry, I missed a step. When you select your character to copy, first look down at the bottom of the screen and click on the Transfer button. That will bring up a list of shards, and at the bottom right of that window is the button you click to copy to pts Remember you're not really transferring your character anywhere, you are only making a copy.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default RDD On The PTS

To add to the awesome info above we also have these resources on PTS available to the public as well as helpful links/info:

RDD ON PTS - Display and Stock Dimensions.

Also their is a PTS section in these forums to keep up to date: Public Test Shard Forums

Have fun LOVE the PTS!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-23-2014 at 07:42 PM.

When I go to the shard thing, the button to transfer is grayed out

*edit*
    never mind I was on the PTS trying to find it I went back to my main game fixed now... lets test
    Last edited by Fatum11; 01-23-2014 at 09:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread