+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Dimension Entry Point

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Dimension Entry Point

Yay, it works...mostly.

I tried this item in three separate Edge of Infinity dimensions and could not get the entry point to change. Submitted a bug report, but wondered if anyone else had tried it out/had this issue.

Also noticed this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...try-point.html regarding Shoreward Island.

In Edge of Infinity, I tried on part of the base dimension, built up areas, rocks, building blocks...nothing worked. It acts a lot like the mechanic after a group wipes on Crucia, where you get ported back to the purple bubble at the front. If I rotated the entry point, my character would be turned on entering, but all characters still entered in the default location.

In every other dimension I tried the entry point (Vengeful Sky, Moonshade Pools, Sanguine Shores, Endless Eclipse, Dolcega Valley), it worked like a charm, so thanks for the hotfix! Now to just get Edge of Infinity to cooperate!
    Last edited by Feendish; 01-22-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I was testing in Dormant Core.

It works if people are coming from the Dimensions MENU (friends, guildmates.. are the ones I tested), but if you "invite" them, /fail.. they spawn at the original spawn point.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Just tested Edge of Infinity as well.. same results as you.

When someone else joined, I saw them appear at the new spawn point, but then it popped them back to the old one.

Same thing happened to me when I re-entered the dimension.

As far as the shoreward island issue, I posted in the other thread. It worked fine for me, using a staircase landing. Submerged, partially submerged, and up in the air but over the water.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Default Changing Entry Point?

Saw a 'fix' in patch notes today but didn't know this was even possible.

So, questions:
    How do you move the entry point?

And how come I missed the fact we can even do that now?

I found this forum post that you might have missed, posted when the item was first added.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...news-guys.html

Default TYTY but

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I found this forum post that you might have missed, posted when the item was first added.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...news-guys.html
    Awesome ty for posting the link!

But PLEASE DEAR TRION, can you add new things, changes n such to the log in window on the client viewer for those of us who are just too busy to read reams of forum posts just on the odd chance of reading something on new stuff and changes?

I'm a VERY busy guild leader who just don't have time to read forums just for the sake of reading forums. I only have time to check for issues, and or, things such as this post.

Edits to add... and Yeh.. I think the entry point can stay where it is for that price lol
    Last edited by Sumanitutaka; 01-23-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Infinity Gate

The dimensional Entry point works like a charm in Faen's and I guess I just assumed it was working now everywhere. So for my day off I went building away (assuming I could move my spawn point) in infinity gate yesterday. When ever someone comes in they are now trapped in an invisible box I have NO IDEA why I didnt test it first before I started building.

+ Reply to Thread