+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Aesha
  • 1 Post By Aesha

Thread: Dimension Entry Point

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Entry Point

Great tool if:
    You don't mind paying for it. 600+ store credits.
    You plan on placing it on "solid" ground.

However:
    Cannot be placed over water.
    Cannot be placed on a stationary object in water.

Example:
    I purchased the Shoreward Island dim and made a little harbor. I wanted to place the entry point on a non-floating (doesn't move up and down with the "tide") river barge. This would give the effect of just arriving at the island via a boat or ferry. I thought this made sense as it is after all an island and has no visible porticulum.

I have also tried to place the entry point on the dock. The dock is built from wood tiles mounted on stone poles and stationary. I experienced the fall though on the dock as well.

To my disappointment you cannot place the entry point anywhere over water, not even on a stationary object in the water. You consistently fall through the object into the water. For me this is very disappointing and 600+ store credits down the drain.
    Last edited by lpcg330; 01-22-2014 at 03:23 PM.

In Three Springs dim, I placed a staircase landing out in the water, partially submerged. I then placed the entry point on top of it (I sometimes nudge the entry point "up" slightly).

This worked, the person entering did not fall through into the deep water below.

(I did this a short distance away from the normal docks in the dim).

Off to test Shoreward island now.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

I just tested Shoreward island with the same staircase landing with entry point on top.

Half submerged.. success

Up in the air above the water... success

Submerged in the water...

Maybe its the staircase landing, that makes it work.. who knows.

My only issue, is that "invites" put the invitee at the original spawn point, and not the new entry point, in ALL dims tested.

(screenshots available of all tests upon request)

Thank you to my daughter Sereyna for putting up with me and helping me test!
    Last edited by Aesha; 01-22-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Great tests, thanks Khadra!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Soulwalker

Default Still falling through entry point

Dim: Shoreward Island

Complaint/Issue: I have tried placing the entry point on a stationary non-floating boat, on a wood cube, on a floor and on all three stacked. Still falling through all the items into the water and getting trapped inside the bottom of the boat.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I'm glad to see the bugs with invites and the Entry Point have been resolved.

However, the item still does not work in Edge of Infinity at all.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I'm glad to see the bugs with invites and the Entry Point have been resolved.

However, the item still does not work in Edge of Infinity at all.
    This is not resolved in Shoreward Island at all! I did try the staircase landing as well. It's a toss up if it will work or not. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
    Last edited by lpcg330; 03-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.

In my view the problem is that items you place don't appear instantly when you enter a dimension, so if you place an entry point on an item that's not there yet, you fall because the item has not spawned for you to stand on it... this includes the platform supplied by the entry point. Until the entry point spawns instantly upon your entrance to the dimension this problem will persist.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I tried using it in the center of the large storage building and every time i teleported into the dimension it put me under the floor so entry points still do not work as they should.

I had my entry point set at the top of a huge flight of stairs. 7/10 times it worked fine, but on the occasion the entry point would spawn before the stairs, I would fall through and get stuck. Also had this happen to a friend, and I had to go rescue her. I finally just set the entry point at the bottom of the staircase.

I'm not 100% certain this is just a dimension entry point glitch, though. I was riding into Sanctum and that statue in the middle of the plaza formed around me and I was stuck until I soul recalled out.
    "You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
    Fitzherbert @ Gelidra (EU)

+ Reply to Thread