+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Complete Dimension & Dream Weaving Updates PTS

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Complete Dimension & Dream Weaving Updates PTS

Updates occurred on Friday: Part Four: Dream Weaving & Dimensions PTS Update

Highlights:
    * Unstable Artifacts & Trophies
    * Total of 20 Dimensions per character
    * Dream Weaving Updates.

Dream Weaving PTS Updates:
    Part One: Leveling Dream Weaving 1- 375
    Part Two: VFX & Trion Livestream Updates
    Part Three: Dream Orbs

Have a good one see you on the PTS!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-19-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks Kiwi awesome article! (:
    it's nice to see more items with effects on top of all the dream weaving items that are coming, and sooo good can get more dimensions per character now!
    Can't wait to see what these new items do!

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Thanks for this info Kiwi! I can't wait to try Dream Weaving!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thank you, you two I also can't wait!

Having so much fun on the PTS with all the new items I think my favorite items so far are the Terrain paints they just blow my mind especially Underwater Terrain Paint.

So pretty!

As usual Kiwi an excellent article, keep up the good work.
    Leyanyar & Taresys: Nocte Eterna Zaviel EU - Zanthas, Lalena, Corrach & Cyanese : The Templars Faeblight NA - Lalenadd & Cyanesel: RDD Road Trip on Laethys NA
    Dimensions: Cyanesel - RDDAnhkor Pools, Zanthas - Zanthas Apothercary WIP Faeblight

Default Ok I am completely baffled....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thank you, you two I also can't wait!

Having so much fun on the PTS with all the new items I think my favorite items so far are the Terrain paints they just blow my mind especially Underwater Terrain Paint.

So pretty!
    After I saw this post I went to the pts to see the underwater terrain paint....but it's not there. I couldn't find it in the recipes, or on the special vendor, or the store. Plus, ever since they came out with the terrain paints I haven't been able to get them to work in any of the dimensions. They just don't do anything, even after I exit and come back in. Somebody tell me what's going on....

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    After I saw this post I went to the pts to see the underwater terrain paint....but it's not there. I couldn't find it in the recipes, or on the special vendor, or the store. Plus, ever since they came out with the terrain paints I haven't been able to get them to work in any of the dimensions. They just don't do anything, even after I exit and come back in. Somebody tell me what's going on....
    Hi, I jumped up here to look where I got it as I crafted a ton of things while leveling it and for the life of me I can't remember nor can I find it on my crafting list or store. Let me wake up some I might recall lol Send me a whisper if you'd like to see it I'll be on a number of chars with Kiwi in it.

Terrain paints only work on the ground, once placed it's like a column of color though the shape is based on the paint. When you place building blocks on it they change to it's color. I am testing how high it goes and so far almost to the roof (haven't built completely to the roof yet)

I explain and show briefly in this video: VFX & 2.6 Dream Weaving Updates.

Hope that's helpful.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-22-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Terrain paints were recipes learned/crafted in Dreamweaving but I recall there were issues with them not showing up. I think the only one I ever got to show up correctly was a fire paint.

Also, in the new packages from the dummy foundry set to Master level, there are new terrain paints including the underwater one. I was unable to find recipes for these newer items so the only place you can get them is from the DW package in the foundry.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 01-22-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

For those of you who are having trouble seeing the Terrain Paints -

Terrain Paints must be placed on terrain (dirt/earth) or building blocks. Few other surfaces will pick up their color.

If you are looking at building blocks placed within a Terrain Paint, and still not seeing its effect, please report it along with your graphics settings.

Also, as much as I like them, the underwater and water Terrain Paints will not be going live with 2.6 (although we'll probably bring them live at a later time).

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Building with new Dream Weaving items feedback.

Thanks Jaedor & Faratha

Popped these inquiries/observations on PTS forums but might just put them here.

Look forward to when the water terrain paints go live, really love the under water one.

Having tons of fun building with the new items after maxing the craft. So many awesome ideas and capabilities. The Terrain paints are just so amazing along with the colour enhancing with the auras and motes. On top of the VFX changes to the actual Dimensions the vividness of Dimensions is simply breath taking.

Here are some inquiries/observations with builds under 2000

Terrain Paints
    * Life terrain paint seems to be the only one that has glitched in viewing.
    * Water terrain paint-is it possible to have it so it flows in the opposite direction? Currently it runs toward where you place it so no matter how you align this paint you cannot have it running away from the waterfall (etc)

Motes
    * Will all motes be available in different sizes? Example: The Blue Falling Mote takes over a large chunk/all of Dimension will this be available in small size like the green?

Edit mode
    * Will these blue markers have a hover option to see it's name so you can distinguish which one you may need to pick up, scale or move? The blue coned/shaped effect you can now see for each item is handy but if you've layered any of these items it is difficult to know which one is which.

Will have an over 2000 capacity build and more inquiries/observations if we find any in the next few days.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-22-2014 at 11:57 AM.

I have not personally had any trouble seeing the terrain paints, but one night I was talking with Firebolts and she had to turn up her graphics settings to see them. Maybe she can provide more information about what settings she had before and after.

I would also LOVE to see what people are doing on PTS with the new items and new spaces! I've been working on a Karthan Ponds and had a blast doing it. The Dreamweaving items really open up the magical fantasy element in Dimensions!

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Also, as much as I like them, the underwater and water Terrain Paints will not be going live with 2.6 (although we'll probably bring them live at a later time).
    I noticed the underwater, crucia lace, and breath of crucia terrain paint are buggy when trying to resize them, that a reason why they wont come in 2.6? Love the terrain paints tho (:

also could items like Occasional Water Drips have some effect on the bottom on the item in edit mode so can see how wide the effect is in and where the bottom of it is? may get messy on some with alot of them around but would be nice if could toggle it off and on.
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 01-22-2014 at 11:37 AM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Terrain Paints must be placed on terrain (dirt/earth) or building blocks. Few other surfaces will pick up their color.

If you are looking at building blocks placed within a Terrain Paint, and still not seeing its effect, please report it along with your graphics settings.

Thanks for clarifying, Faratha. I was testing terrain paints at Edgestone Ridge on the tiled ground surface of the dimension and was only able to see the one paint even after ensuring my graphics were set to Ultra. I did submit a bug report at that time. I didn't try them on dirt so I'll do that next time.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default Terrain Paints

I went back to PTS and to the RDD: Anywhere dimension. I had watched the video and saw what was there, but when I got there I couldn't see any of it. Turns out there is a box in Advanced graphics settings called Projected Textures that has to be checked, and mine wasn't. After I fixed that, I could see everything.

But the description on the terrain paints was very misleading to me. I thought it was going to change whatever surface the paint was placed on, and not just building blocks. The description says "also" building blocks, so the expectation of the actual ground surface changing was there, at least for me. If it's to be building blocks only, then I think the description needs to be changed.

I tried the underwater terrain paint in my own dimension, and discovered that it does not give the effect of being underwater as I had thought, but only gives the appearance of the ground that would be underwater. Water terrain paint made a tile look like the surface of water, but has no depth, it is just a flat surface with the surface appearance of water. Guess that's handy if you want to be able to "walk on water" ;-)

I didn't mean to make such a long post when I started, so to wind things up, I am now wondering just how useful some of these paints will be to most people, especially given the cost of making them. I don't have the best imagination in the world, so I haven't yet been able to think of anything I myself would use them for. To those of you who do have ideas for these I'd really like to know what some of them are if you don't mind sharing

Just saw this post after I made the rather long one above. The only thing you have to do, as far as I can tell, is make sure the box in advanced graphics settings called projected textures is checked to see all of the paints. Just tried this on pts and it worked.
    Last edited by Foxfire; 01-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast