+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Ailene
  • 2 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Ailene

Thread: Guild Dimension Achievement - would this be possible to change just a bit?

Default Guild Dimension Achievement - would this be possible to change just a bit?

I just opened our guild dimension for our members for a while, so that if someone needed/wanted the achievement, they could get it. It's a rather hard to get achievement for most people, since people normally get achievements on their mains, and mains are normally in a guild where they don't have access to do as they want in the guild dimensions.

Now this made me thinking a bit, and I wondered... even if it said "your guild's dimension", would it work with any guild dimension? I thought it was worth a try to make a guild on some alts between my two accounts and buy a guild dimension. I was a bit torn about spending 500p on something that maybe wouldn't be useful at all, but figured that if I don't try, I will never find out for sure.

I'm not here to whine over the 500p I "wasted", I got plat enough and personally I'll get my achievement soon when I start working on our guild's dimension. My idea was to make a public guild dimension on Gelidra, for people to use to get their achievement if it worked. Now it didn't work, the achievement didn't update. But, I still wonder, would it be bad for Trion to change this achievement to work in any guild dimension? If it's not a huge fix to do it of course.

You got me thinking and I went and tried this with a guild dim I have on my bank. No it didn't count towards the achievement if I wasn't in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    You got me thinking and I went and tried this with a guild dim I have on my bank. No it didn't count towards the achievement if I wasn't in the guild.
    I know and that just makes it even harder for people to get it. And if you don't get that one done, you won't be able to finish the achievement "Dimension Tycoon" either, which rewards you Bottle of Wine from Maliana to use in your dimension.

Yeah it's pretty difficult to get without sitting there and grinding it out. I mean each guild dim has less than 5000 slots right? So even if one person built the entire dim and filled it to capacity they still wouldn't have the acheivement, let alone anyone else in that guild. It really doesn't make sense.

Shadowlander

Does picking items up (either by the person that placed them or by someone else) reduce the count? In other words can you put down 1000 items, they get picked up, put down another (or the same) thousand and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliroth View Post
    Does picking items up (either by the person that placed them or by someone else) reduce the count? In other words can you put down 1000 items, they get picked up, put down another (or the same) thousand and so on.
    Yes. The grind part is the picking up and placing down x5000.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Still got a guild dimension available on an alt in Gelidra EU, that I'm willing to open for everybody to use if they make this achievement possible to get in ANY guild dimension.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Still got a guild dimension available on an alt in Gelidra EU, that I'm willing to open for everybody to use if they make this achievement possible to get in ANY guild dimension.
    Your initiative is awesome I've done that for a few people with RDD Road Trip guild and been out here suggesting guilds leave a spot for members. It has been bought up a little but many people have got the achievement so this out weighs the priority to change it I am guessing.

Hopefully more and more guilds will be receptive to letting their members achieve this acheesement before taking up every spot to do so.

+ Reply to Thread