+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Wow

Default Wow

I haven't played rift in like 4 months now, and I was never into dimensions (only been in about 8 different ones ever, if that), but I was laying in bed reading the pvp forums and came across a link to this sub-section in regards to the upcoming pvp dimensions. Then I started clicking around and wow....

I had no idea how awesome some of the stuff people make in this game is. I've just been looking at the ss's in this sub-section for the past hour because some of this stuff is insanely impressive.

I never planned on playing rift again, but I'm definitely logging in over the next to few days just to check some of your places out. I may even try making one at some point.

Amazing work, I'm very impressed with this part of the community.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you guys could post the name and location of some "must see" dimensions (and your personal favorites) that I need to check out. I also remember hearing about contests when I was playing, if someone could give me a list of all the winning dimensions for those, that would be great as well.

Also, that thread about a "take a penny leave a penny dimension" is such an awesome idea.

great **** guys, I'm impressed

The Old Mine

Kusakabe Residence [Totoro]

Midnight in Kyoto

I got you papa bear. Go see mine for no apparent reason because they have no slides or jumping puzzles.

This will be good place to start.
    v As will these v
    Dimension Builder.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    The Old Mine

Midnight in Kyoto

I got you papa bear. Go see mine for no apparent reason because they have no slides or jumping puzzles.
    Damm those look awesome. Just watched the video tour for yours...looks interesting I'm gona check it out for sure

If you have any questions be sure to ask dont be shy . We are all pretty much friendly even when we bite its friendly
    Most of us are more then happy to show people our dims, give pointers and answer any question no matter how silly someone might think they are about dims.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-16-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoke View Post
    I may even try making one at some point.
    It is addictive, and fun, the sky is the limit (literally) in what you can make.

There are so many beautiful dimensions out there, one word of advice if you start to tour, ... there are many many dimensions with lower number of votes/ratings, don't be fooled that only the high rated votes are the only dimensions worth looking at, just my .02 cents.

I have quit a lot of favs, I can't list them all

One thing I did when I first got into dims was signature stalking. There were some really great builders around, like Lils@Greybriar, who made a convenient list. Many people *coughs and looks at bottom of post* have followed her example.

You can also dig through the old posts here and see some blasts from the past. There's a "Hidden Gems" thread listing some great ones. Past contests have also had some incredible entries and most have a handy list.

Join the in game DimensionAddicts@Deepwood chat channel and anyone there will probably be happy to give you tours or sneak peeks on request. Visiting and sharing the jubilation of completing a project is common as well. If you get into building things yourself, it can also be a great place to get help and encouragement.

Faeblight United has rotating tavern nights and subforums dedicated to RP dimensions and are a great resource for finding great dims on Faeblight.

You can see more video tours, tutorials, and dimension news at Rift Dream Dimensions and every interview and Seonie's tutorials are posted on Kiwi's YouTube channel. There's a huge contest that's wrapping up tomorrow during Trion's LiveStream and some really amazing dims have been entered. Only a tiny fraction have been linked here on the forums. The screenshot gallery should give you a good idea about what you want to visit. There were so many that some of my favorites weren't even in the top 20, or some that were awesome but not necessarily fitting the theme of the contest.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Thanks for all the help and responses, very appreciated.

The Old Mine

Midnight in Kyoto

Do you get pocket healed as you build your dimension?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Do you get pocket healed as you build your dimension?
    The trinket helps a lot.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Yoke where you been?
    *pokes your face*

Grand Master Architect of Arena 2013

Have fun checking everything out and come watch the Trion livestream tomorrow to see the Finale of the Dream Destination Celebration 2014.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Did some digging, and I believe I found the threads that Treble referred to...

Hidden Gems

And Recommended Dimensions

Of course, I'm also going to take the opportunity to shamelessly plug any of my own builds.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Did some digging, and I believe I found the threads that Treble referred to...

Hidden Gems

And Recommended Dimensions

Of course, I'm also going to take the opportunity to shamelessly plug any of my own builds.
    When he gets 6-8 weeks of vacation, he could probably have enough time to see at least a third of yours.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

When he gets 6-8 weeks of vacation, he could probably have enough time to see at least a third of yours.
    Even without slides or jump puzzles? 5 minutes, tops.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Even without slides or jump puzzles? 5 minutes, tops.
    Takes me 5 minutes just to scroll past the list of dimensions in your sig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast