+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Great News Guys!

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Default Great News Guys!

GENERAL
    * You can now set the entry point for your Dimension! Dimension Entry Point can be found in the Interactive section of the Dimension category in the RIFT Store.

* Players no longer take drowning damage in dimensions.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...u-2am-gmt.html

No more turned the wrong direction in a dimension because of where you built! This is wonderful news for those that built in idea spots but have to travel a mile to get there.

=) I have a few Tomb Raider-esque dimensions I want to build now that I have the option of building downwards!
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Plane Touched

Just checked on Live - 675 credits (patron) for one.
    Mononic - Faeblight

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Yea I just got to log in and see that it is a credit-only purchase. That ruined my excitement on the item completely. :/

And apparently those that can purchase can't because the store keeps bugging out on them.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Holy woo that's expensive.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Just checked on Live - 675 credits (patron) for one.
    Frankly, my first response is to feel ticked off about it. Let's take something players have requested for months and put an exorbitant price tag on it.

I'm going to have to put my big girl panties on, calm down, and think about why it costs so much like a rational grown up. Might be a few hours or even tomorrow before I can complete that.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Default My first response as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Frankly, my first response is to feel ticked off about it. Let's take something players have requested for months and put an exorbitant price tag on it.

I'm going to have to put my big girl panties on, calm down, and think about why it costs so much like a rational grown up. Might be a few hours or even tomorrow before I can complete that.
    This is really getting old. I should have known better than to get excited before seeing the cost. We need to be able to buy this for plat as well.

Seems like we just can't get a break on prices for anything.....this makes it so we will only want to buy it in a case of extreme need. Forget about buying just for the fun of it.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

This sorta makes sense to me, it's a desireable-but-optional feature, so they have it fund development. 675's not insanely high. If that's a patron price, that's 750 base so it's $5 of credits, which doesn't seem insanely high to me.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I did buy one for the purpose of experimentation. I can't imagine buying any more than one more. I'm sure that the justification for the price is that changing the entry point is a major modification.

This does not really make me happy about it, however. For 675 credits, I could buy a new dimension.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I did buy one for the purpose of experimentation. I can't imagine buying any more than one more. I'm sure that the justification for the price is that changing the entry point is a major modification.

This does not really make me happy about it, however. For 675 credits, I could buy a new dimension.
    Is it an actual item that you can pick up whenever you wish? So you can move it to different dimensions and what not? Or one time use? If it's an item I don't think the price is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    This sorta makes sense to me, it's a desireable-but-optional feature, so they have it fund development. 675's not insanely high. If that's a patron price, that's 750 base so it's $5 of credits, which doesn't seem insanely high to me.
    Well you need to remember that avid dimensioners who can't freely spend money on anything and everything they want whenever they want it prefer to spend credits sparingly. Simply because it's not just one or two items we need to buy, we want hundreds of items! So it all adds up, and 750 credits for one item of any kind, no matter how wonderful it is, is a chunk when you look at it that way.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    Is it an actual item that you can pick up whenever you wish? So you can move it to different dimensions and what not? Or one time use? If it's an item I don't think the price is that bad.
    I just posted a short article about it, based on the experimentation I was able to do with the limited time I had available at lunch. You can move it to however many of your own dimensions (this does not include your alts' dimensions) you want, as long as you only have one in each dimension. Once you pull it, the entry point reverts to the original. But, yes, it is an item that you keep, not a consumable.

The Dimension Entry Point: Update
    Last edited by Feendish; 01-15-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

I just posted a short article about it, based on the experimentation I was able to do with the limited time I had available at lunch. You can move it to however many of your own dimensions (this does not include your alts' dimensions) you want, as long as you only have one in each dimension. Once you pull it, the entry point reverts to the original. But, yes, it is an item that you keep, not a consumable.

Thanks for this. Do you know if it it is directional? Like can you face a player a certain direction depending on its orientation? Can you spawn people in the sky so they drop on entering?

Great article, and very much appreciated

Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but after all it's something we don't need for every single dimension we own... I was honestly expecting it to cost around half of what they made it ( XD; ), but I'm ok with getting it just for when I really feel the spawn point is off for what I want (shoreward island, I'm looking at you)

My only concern is about pvp dimensions: since they'll need two spawn points, they'll end up being pricey to build if this is the item people will have to use to set the teams' spawn points... and I'm afraid this will work against a concept (player-made pvp environments for everyone to fight in) I really, really like to become widespread! (my dream? having dimensions eventually be able to act as the forge in neverwinter, with us able to build interactive content for everyone neverwinter is kinda meh as a game, but the forge as a tool is just awesome. Some players made extremely entertaining stuff in there...)
    Last edited by Snags; 01-15-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    Dimension Cheerleader of Zaviel --- waving my pom-poms everywhere awesomeness is ^^

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Snags View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but after all it's something we don't need for every single dimension we own... I was honestly expecting it to cost around half of what they made it ( XD; ), but I'm ok with getting it just for when I really feel the spawn point is off for what I want (shoreward island, I'm looking at you)

My only concern is about pvp dimensions: since they'll need two spawn points, they'll end up being pricey to build if this is the item people will have to use to set the teams' spawn points... and I'm afraid this will work against a concept (player-made pvp environments for everyone to fight in) I really, really like to become widespread! (my dream? having dimensions eventually be able to act as the forge in neverwinter, with us able to build interactive content for everyone neverwinter is kinda meh as a game, but the forge as a tool is just awesome. Some players made extremely entertaining stuff in there...)
    Spawn points for PvP Dims won't be the same object

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast