• 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By VampiricDemise
  • 1 Post By Kahlann
  • 4 Post By Dreamshifter
  • 2 Post By Nouvae
  • 2 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Akhor

Thread: Strozza Estate Villa - Is it worth 200 Lucky Coins?

Default Strozza Estate Villa - Is it worth 200 Lucky Coins?

Hi again, so I was just curious about Strozza Estate Villa, I see that this dimension takes 200 Lucky Coins to buy, and I think I might have about 20 coins saved, and have no idea what kinds of realistic time frame it would take to gather 180 more. With the new Dreamweaver profession coming up, I am at a crossroads of whether I should save the artifacts for crafting or collect them for lucky coins.

What do you all think, is Strozza Estate Villa worth all those coins? or would they be better used for the new craft?

That's a question only you can answer. Tour some, look at what people have done, what the dim looks like empty, weigh those factors against what you want to build.

From an economic standpoint, you will spend far more to complete 200 artifact sets than you would to simply buy any (and possibly every) dimension key.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Hi again, so I was just curious about Strozza Estate Villa, I see that this dimension takes 200 Lucky Coins to buy, and I think I might have about 20 coins saved, and have no idea what kinds of realistic time frame it would take to gather 180 more. With the new Dreamweaver profession coming up, I am at a crossroads of whether I should save the artifacts for crafting or collect them for lucky coins.

What do you all think, is Strozza Estate Villa worth all those coins? or would they be better used for the new craft?
    That depends on if you like the dimension or not, honestly. Strozza is a very small dimension for the cost of 200 lucky coins. I bought it for the challenge, so it was worth it for me. However, thanks to Autumn Harvest, I was also able to get a boatload of artifact sets completed with plenty left over for Dreamweaving. With you not being in that position, it's a judgment call. I have a Strozza Estate that's mostly empty under Baradara@Greybriar if you want to check it out in person and see if it's worth it to you.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Everything I am doing right now is to prepare for Dreamweaving. A while ago, I saved up 200 lucky coins to buy the Arachne mount, then they changed it to be purchasable with credits. You can always get Strozza later ... and maybe they will change it's purchase price to credits, too. Late Feburary will be here in no time. If it were me, my priority with artifacts would be Dreamweaving but it is really a personal choice. Hope my 2 cents helps!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I bought it simply because I have a pokemon attitude gotta catch them all.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I would like to see this Dimension become available for credits like the mount has.

I love that more artifacts have been placed in the game or more ways for us to get them BUT this Dimension has just become even further for new players to get with Dream Weaving.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Right now it may be best just to hang on the artifacts and wait for 2.6 to come out with Dream Weaving. You will craft several dimensions in the profession granted they may not have the look you are seeking with the Strozza Estate dimension.

It is your choice still!
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Plane Touched

It was the first dimension I bought and always regretted it. It isnt worth it imo

Rift Disciple

I want to agree with the people who say the value is whatever you place on it, and it might be worth the 200 coins to an individual, depending on what they are going to do with it. I want to say that.

But I really can't. Here's why. Strozza costs 200 lucky coins. How much is a lucky coin worth? Ignoring the potential plat cost of buying the artifacts (which would likely be in the tens of thousands of plat), we have a perfect comparison available to us. The mount, 150% speed, 200 coins. At a minimum, such a mount is worth 1000 plat (the cost to buy one elsewhere). It might be worth more, since it's a different mount than then 1k plat ones, though.

So the initial cost of Strozza is at least 1k plat, more than any other personal dimension in the game, including the massive Dormant Core. And Strozza is *tiny*. I'd have to run around the dims to be sure, but it might be the smallest dimension outside of the free starter dimensions. If it isn't, it isn't much larger.

And I think all of that is a shame. It could have been an interesting choice for a dim if it cost less (a lot less), or if it gave you more ground to work with. I think the initial cost keeps a lot of people from even considering it, and that in turn means few people build in it. We had similar issues with Plaza Aurentine a while back, but because it was an inexpensive dim, people bought it, and played with it, and complained about it. And it got changed. Maybe if we do the same with Strozza, it could be improved.

Because as it stands, there are three groups of people who own it. Those who regret buying it, those who wanted it for a challenge, and those who wanted it as a status symbol. And only the first group is very large.

I won't bother to multi quote everyone in this post, each reply is so thoughtfully put, thank you all sincerely, your input helped me a lot.

After hearing of your experiences and reading more about Dreamweaving, I've decided to save my Lucky Coins and stash away the artifacts.

Thanks for the heads up on viewing Strozza in person, I had an indepth look at it last night and though I like the dimension and see some potential for it, I don't like it enough to spend my rare coins on it, and I agree that it would be nice if it becomes available for credits.

I see what you mean about the the cost of the villa vs. value of the coins. I'm no expert but it seems like 50 coins would he a better price for it, but thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I won't bother to multi quote everyone in this post, each reply is so thoughtfully put, thank you all sincerely, your input helped me a lot.

After hearing of your experiences and reading more about Dreamweaving, I've decided to save my Lucky Coins and stash away the artifacts.

Thanks for the heads up on viewing Strozza in person, I had an indepth look at it last night and though I like the dimension and see some potential for it, I don't like it enough to spend my rare coins on it, and I agree that it would be nice if it becomes available for credits.

I see what you mean about the the cost of the villa vs. value of the coins. I'm no expert but it seems like 50 coins would he a better price for it, but thats just my opinion.
    I actually just bought Strozza recently but have no idea as yet what I will do with it, if anything. However if there had been more choices on things to buy with lucky coins I probably wouldn't have. I didn't need or want the mount (sorry but it's ugly) and those were the only two choices other than the other miscellaneous cheaper items which I already have enough of with still more coins available to spend on alts if I should decide I want something.

Anyway, the point of my post is this....Strozza as it is costs WAY too much in lucky coins, especially with all the new dimensions we have been given recently and all the new ones that will still come with dream weaving. If the cost remains the same, the dimension really needs to be enlarged considerably in my opinion. It's a really cute place, but too small, and not enough building room. For 200 lucky coins we should get something about the size of Icewatch with a 3000 item limit

After questing through Strozza Estate, I really wanted it as a dimension. And then I visited a couple of them. Unfortunately, the dimension is a very small, and very expensive, portion of the estate. The ceiling of the bubble is also very low so you can't really build up to compensate. Maybe at some point it will get a redo but until then, I'm saving my hard-earned coins.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I know I'm a week late but I thought this thread was worth bringing back up. When dimensions first came out in SL Beta I toured all of them and this was my favorite for my main but I was (and still am) no where near enough coins to purchase it. Trion has added so many dimensions since then, and I haven't even seen the dreamweaver ones yet! Carnos Plaza was better suited for the vision I originally had with this dimension, and Kestrel quickly replaced it as my favorite dim.

I really would like to see more people using this dimension because it is an interesting space. If the green bubble was increased (it'd be nice if the ramp across the bridge was included so you wouldn't have to build your own from the ground) and/or the coin price lowered maybe more people would be interested

+ Reply to Thread