+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: The Dimension Touring Company

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Default The Dimension Touring Company

Feendish and I started a blog together called The Dimension Touring Company (DTC) in mid-December and we have requested official fan site status from Trion but we are still waiting for their response. Maybe the holidays have slowed up their process or maybe I offended somebody ... I usually do! Anyways, I'm not waiting any longer to spread the word!

DTC does just what the name says: dimension touring. We don't take requests, we just tour dimensions looking for the ones we love on both the NA and EU shards. No dimensions are off limits although our goal is to encourage our readers to go visit these dimensions and vote for them, so we tend to focus on the ones with lower total votes. Probably 97% of what we do is find hidden gems and post about them with screenshots and brief-to-medium length descriptions of our favorite features. Occasionally, we slip some other information in that may be of interest to other Dimensionerds like us.

DTC can never replace any of the wonderful Rift fan sites you already love to visit and rely on now. We are simply trying to help other dimension lovers find their way to more of the amazing dimensions hiding out there! So come take a dimension tour with us!
    Last edited by DimensionDiva; 01-08-2014 at 11:59 AM.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I've been reading it since the start and I love it. I think it's a great concept and very much needed.
    Keep up the good work!

A fine example of literary art right here.

http://dimensiontouring.com/2013/12/...-greybriar-na/

My personal favorite, no particular reason why, just beautifully written.

Yay but just so you dont get discouraged in the amount of time it takes before a site can be a official site they have to be established for a min of 60 days. So you have about a month to wait. You can submit earlier but I dont want you to be sad if it takes a while. I am excited.

I love your blogs.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-08-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Awesome site with the love of dimensions clearly visible in every post. Thanks to both of you for putting this project out there for all the rest of us to enjoy.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

http://community.riftgame.com/en/fansites/

LOOK YOU DIDNT even have to wait the 60 days. Grats took me months and months and months even after I had been up for 60 days.

You got yours done as fast a Kiwi did. Under the rules time.Radish and I had to wait forever before we were even looked at. I am soooooo happy for you.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-08-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post

LOOK YOU DIDNT even have to wait the 60 days. Grats took me months and months and months even after I had been up for 60 days.

You got yours done as fast a Kiwi did. Radish and I had to wait forever before we were even looked at.
    Maybe things would have gone better for you if you wrote about ****ty old mines.

I have to compliment both Dimensiondiva and Feendish for their exemplary writing skills as well. I have read every single post they have written, and I am always entertained as much by their descriptions as the wonderful photos

Also my "personal" favorite....http://dimensiontouring.com/2013/12/...s-deepwood-na/ in the Hidden Gem category, is no longer a hidden gem It had 68 total votes last time I looked!

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I have to compliment both Dimensiondiva and Feendish for their exemplary writing skills as well. I have read every single post they have written, and I am always entertained as much by their descriptions as the wonderful photos

Also my "personal" favorite....http://dimensiontouring.com/2013/12/...s-deepwood-na/ in the Hidden Gem category, is no longer a hidden gem It had 68 total votes last time I looked!

Thanks guys!
    I'd say anything not in the first few spots of top weekly or top all time is hidden gem, no one will ever go to it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post

You got yours done as fast a Kiwi did. Under the rules time.Radish and I had to wait forever before we were even looked at. I am soooooo happy for you.
    I'm sorry to hear that, because your sites are so great. The Trion community team was very responsive and I'm very surprised and pleased with their response.

As far as touring goes, everyone does it differently. I like to look for specific dimensions, usually (i.e, Moonshade Pools, or Faen's Retreat, or whatever the perspective is), and then pick sometimes at random, and sometimes the top of the lists, but usually from the middle toward the bottom, the 15-25 vote range. If the name is really interesting, I'm bound to investigate, so sometimes, I'll just scroll the lists (Weekly and All-Time) until I see something that catches my eye.

A lot of the ideas behind DTC were the hidden gems threads that used to populate this forum on a frequent basis. The rest is stuff that pertains to dimensions but not might be part of an actual build, such as Dreamweaving.

I'm grateful to anyone who visits our site, and especially if some well deserving dimensions get some love, whether it's a vote or an in game mail. I'm always open to suggestions for improvements or for positive feedback about things people liked.

Thank you!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Thanks for the news, Kitasia! I've been watching that list but hadn't seen it added! Feendish is someplace dancing a jig!

Foxfire, it is wonderful to hear that people are using our blog to go see and vote for the hidden gems!

We target the group you mention, Televised: "... anything not in the first few spots of top weekly or top all time ..."

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Always great to see more Dimension sites. Mine also was a quick transition I didn't even see coming. Have fun and thanks for taking a lot of pressure off as rendering video's etc takes time but I love it as I know you two do also before even starting your site.

All the best - Love Kiwi xox

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    A fine example of literary art right here.

http://dimensiontouring.com/2013/12/...-greybriar-na/

My personal favorite, no particular reason why, just beautifully written.
    Wow! What an awesome write up!

This is my fav! http://dimensiontouring.com/2013/12/...-wolfsbane-na/

Love your work Diva and Feen

And.... another shameless plug for Nixea's awesome Wizard of Oz -1939 dim http://dimensiontouring.com/2013/12/...awolfsbane-na/

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

I've bookmarked this blog, going to explore it after work, thanks for the heads up.

Default awesome blog :)

I love this site!... been visiting since I first saw it in Feendish's sig. Thanks to both of you, Diva and Feendish, because I know it's a big time committment. It makes it easy for me to find great dimensions when I don't have a lot of time to play! /hug and grats on the fan site status!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast