• 1 Post By Nouvae
  • 1 Post By firebolts
  • 3 Post By polynomia
  • 1 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 1 Post By Nouvae
  • 1 Post By Hecateria

Thread: Hi New Dimensionerd Here - Couple Questions

Default Hi New Dimensionerd Here - Couple Questions

Hello, I have recently come back to Rift after a long break and have been tinkering with Dimensions about a month now. When Dimensions were announced (a long time ago) I thought it was going to be some sort of Lure that opened another type of Rift and I just brushed it off as something I probably didn't want to get into at the time, ha I was so wrong!

I've been reading the forums and watching RDD videos for a little while and wasn't sure how to jump in on the conversation, so I thought I would break the ice and just ask a few questions.

How many Dimensions can you have? I notice that my Alts have one each as well, I think its Faens Retreat, are they limited by account or by character?

How do I use Ctrl D exactly? I have seen videos of people saying that they used this feature to copy?

Are the items that come from fishing obtainable anywhere else? In your opinion is it worth leveling fishing for dimension items? Does it take f..o..r..e..v..e..r.. to level fishing as I have experienced in other games?

How do you deal with revising your dimensions once they have become public? If you want to add or remove items, do you keep it public?

I appreciate any insight available, many thanks for your time.

Being new here myself, let me give newbie answers to your questions.
    1) You can have as many open dims as you can afford to open at one time.
    2) They are only limited by your imagination.
    3) Highlight the item you wish to copy and hit ctrl+d and if you have the item in your inventory it will copy it into your dim.
    4) Fishing is one of those things that does pay off in other ways. Crafting is one way to save money and have items. Fishing helps get Artisan's marks which in turn pays for recipes from other crafting disciplines for dimension items.
    5) Upgrade as necessary or leave them alone. Recently I destroyed my Fae Yule dim and am now rebuilding it. It's all in what YOU want because it's yours. YOU are the artist. YOU decide what happens. If YOU want it public during reconstruction, YOU make it public, otherwise, YOU close it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Welcome, Dimensionoob! You'll advance to Dimensionerd after you finish your first dimension!

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Hello, I have recently come back to Rift after a long break and have been tinkering with Dimensions about a month now. When Dimensions were announced (a long time ago) I thought it was going to be some sort of Lure that opened another type of Rift and I just brushed it off as something I probably didn't want to get into at the time, ha I was so wrong!

I've been reading the forums and watching RDD videos for a little while and wasn't sure how to jump in on the conversation, so I thought I would break the ice and just ask a few questions.
    No worries!

How many Dimensions can you have? I notice that my Alts have one each as well, I think its Faens Retreat, are they limited by account or by character?
    You can have up to 10 dimensions per toon. The first 2 slots are free but you have to buy the others.

How do I use Ctrl D exactly? I have seen videos of people saying that they used this feature to copy?
    Target an item that has already been placed in your dimension, then hold CTRL and click D to create a copy of it, assuming you have another of that item in your inventory. If you look on your Dimension Action Bar, there's a tiny question mark. Click it to read explanations of CTRL + D and some other helpful features.

Are the items that come from fishing obtainable anywhere else? In your opinion is it worth leveling fishing for dimension items? Does it take f..o..r..e..v..e..r.. to level fishing as I have experienced in other games?
    The items from fishing are available from the Auction House when other Fisherfolks place them there. Fishing is very very very worthwhile, not just for dimensions but for cash and reputation and crafting and ..... I max it on almost all of my toons even though it can be boring and seem slow!

How do you deal with revising your dimensions once they have become public? If you want to add or remove items, do you keep it public?
    It's your choice. There are no differences to what you can and can't do in your private or public dimension. I know people who keep their dimensions public all the time even when they are building or rebuilding. Personally, I only make mine public when I finish building and then I tweak along on them forever while they are public..

I appreciate any insight available, many thanks for your time.
    There are two dimension-related addons you will want to investigate. One is Toolbox, which takes a little time to learn but serves as a fantastic tool. There are tutorials on the web that make it easier to learn to use. Many Dimensionerds love it, some hate it. The other is Magic Carpet which allows you to easily move vertically as well as horizontally inside your own dimensions. It's simple to use and very handy, especially when building up high. Neither addon is a requirement so it is up to you if you want to use them..

Good luck and have fun!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Welcome to the addiction. Since the answers have been given you dont need my help. Just wanted to say hi and welcome

Welcome, Dimensionoob!
    Ha Ha! I love this! Its so befitting, I guess I jumped to nerd status too quickly, but lately I have been pretty crazy about learning to build dimensions

Welcome to the addiction.
    Indeed, it is addicting! I have spent hours and hours just playing around and learning the items in my one dimension. I love that you can move things around and take it down and start over if it isn't the way it was envisioned.

Thank you all for the welcome and your answers to my questions, it is really appreciated!

Well, fishing is definitely sounding worthwhile now, so I will have to level it for sure.

I appreciate the explanation of the Ctrl D, lol I can't believe I failed to figure that out, for some reason I was trying to do something within my bags

There are two dimension-related addons you will want to investigate. One is Toolbox, which takes a little time to learn but serves as a fantastic tool. There are tutorials on the web that make it easier to learn to use. Many Dimensionerds love it, some hate it. The other is Magic Carpet which allows you to easily move vertically as well as horizontally inside your own dimensions. It's simple to use and very handy, especially when building up high. Neither addon is a requirement so it is up to you if you want to use them..
    I will checkout the two addons, thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 01-08-2014 at 05:38 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks for supporting RDD much appreciated and welcome back to Telara

Welcome to the Dimensioneer Community!

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thanks for supporting RDD much appreciated and welcome back to Telara
    Thank you Kiwi, I really enjoy your site and YouTube videos, especially the tours, I look forward to seeing more in the future.

And thanks for the welcome Stickybudz

welcome=) and hope you have many hours of addictive fun and when your ready to make a nut house don't for get to add a pool in for the cat and a sand box for the fish=D hehe
    oh and when your fishing the little in town fishing daily's in each area are worth doing they can give you a bag/crate that has a random dimension item in it every time=) and their repeatable each day =) helps the fishing go along better=) that and going nuts too=)

Welcome to the wonderful and highly addictive world of dimension building

I just wanted to add that I have changed the Ctrl+D in the keybindings so I just need to push one key.
    I find it much easier to copy large amounts of stuff now and maybe others could use this little tip too

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

<gasp> I never even thought of changing the key bindings for dimension actions ... duh! Thank you, Polynomia, for a simple yet brilliant tip!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Default Thanks, Poly!

I, too, had never thought of that and will definitely do it.

Whew! I just learned to use the multi-quote feature on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful and highly addictive world of dimension building I just wanted to add that I have changed the Ctrl+D in the keybindings so I just need to push one key. I find it much easier to copy large amounts of stuff now and maybe others could use this little tip too
    Quote Originally Posted by firebolts View Post
    welcome=) and hope you have many hours of addictive fun and when your ready to make a nut house don't for get to add a pool in for the cat and a sand box for the fish=D hehe oh and when your fishing the little in town fishing daily's in each area are worth doing they can give you a bag/crate that has a random dimension item in it every time=) and their repeatable each day =) helps the fishing go along better=) that and going nuts too=)
    Thanks for the welcome firebolts & polynomia, great idea on the CTRL D binding, I've found the fishing daily this week in Silverwood, thanks for the tip, I also found a guide on fishing, I am ready to rock n roll now =)

welcome to the dimension community

If you have any questions, always feel free to ask the dimension community is always happy to help.

greetings Hecateria, Laethys

+ Reply to Thread