+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Number 1 Dimensions Each Shard Showcase

Default Number 1 Dimensions Each Shard Showcase

Top Player Dimensions

I wanted to showcase all the number 1 dimensions. Of each shard and give them all love in a solo video. This is all the dimensions that got the most votes in each shard. So show them some love and check them out sometime.

Not sure how it is with the NA shards but on EU most of the #1 topslots are from people who shard bounced and bought votes. This brings quite a bit of rage from those of us who work hard to make good dimensions.
    Dimension Builder.

Default I must agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Norris View Post
    Not sure how it is with the NA shards but on EU most of the #1 topslots are from people who shard bounced and bought votes. This brings quite a bit of rage from those of us who work hard to make good dimensions.
    It's the same on the NA shards...

Although I mean no offense to anyone who works hard on their dimension and is proud of it, we all know how some of those votes were obtained. And some were from people in large guilds, and people who constantly spam dimension invitations in the chat channels (yes I will put you on ignore for that) and then point blank ask you to vote for them when you do get there. I guess that's ok if you want them that bad, but personally I don't want to be guilted into giving a plus one if I really don't like the dimension but don't want to hurt the person's feelings.

Admittedly there are some fantastic dimensions who got their high number of votes honestly, so please don't take offense to this post, I'm not pointing a finger at anyone in particular, it's just my opinion But yes, it bothers me, when so many more deserving dimensions are sitting there with 20 something or less votes. I'd say those are the ones that need more love, the top ones already got their share!

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    ... But yes, it bothers me, when so many more deserving dimensions are sitting there with 20 something or less votes. I'd say those are the ones that need more love, the top ones already got their share!
    This is exactly why Feendish and I started The Dimension Touring Company, to find these hidden gems and get them some recognition for their amazing work. I do personally know Dimensionerds with high-vote and top-vote dimensions who are honest, work hard, never shard-hopped, and were lucky in earning their gazillion votes. I completely respect them and hate to constantly see them get lumped in with the votes-at-any-cost-losers. But the gazillion-vote folks don't need help so we write about the hidden gems that are being missed. We hope dimension lovers will read our blog and get inspired to visit and vote for the unrecognized masterpieces!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Default I love your blog!:)

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    This is exactly why Feendish and I started The Dimension Touring Company, to find these hidden gems and get them some recognition for their amazing work. I do personally know Dimensionerds with high-vote and top-vote dimensions who are honest, work hard, never shard-hopped, and were lucky in earning their gazillion votes. I completely respect them and hate to constantly see them get lumped in with the votes-at-any-cost-losers. But the gazillion-vote folks don't need help so we write about the hidden gems that are being missed. We hope dimension lovers will read our blog and get inspired to visit and vote for the unrecognized masterpieces!
    I am so thrilled that you guys started this. I was even more excited that you saw fit to write about one of my own hidden gems But even though I don't personally know any of them, I have no doubt that there are very talented as well as honest people out there with a high vote count. In no way did I intend to question their achievement. The unfortunate part is that the general public has no way of knowing the difference, and I really hate that, too. I wish there was some way Trion could fix it, but I doubt that is possible

Shadowlander

Admittedly, I've gone into some of these with really high numbers and wondered what I was missing that all these other folks seemed so impressed with (although some definitely did deserve those high numbers).

Then there would be some with low numbers that absolutely blew my mind. I only 1+ if I feel someone truly deserves it, and there are quite a few with high numbers that I have not given 1+ to.

When I have time to look at dimensions, I tend to gravitate to the lower ones just to see if I'm missing a hidden gem that just hasn't had enough people visiting it yet to give it a 1+, and they apparently haven't advertised it anywhere. Those are the ones I really like stumbling upon.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    I just went to Wolfsbane to see your Peekaboo Park and realized you are Spudkin with the top rated dimension there, Ship Ahoy..LOL. You definitely deserve your votes, and I am going to sit down and shut up now

If theres one thing i've learned, its that no one likes anything other than slides and jumping puzzles. Going to redo my dimensions into mazes, slides, jumping puzzles, and some random menhirs formed into arrows pointing the way for you.

Scion: It was nice of you to go to the trouble of making a video to showcase dimensions! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    If theres one thing i've learned, its that no one likes anything other than slides and jumping puzzles. Going to redo my dimensions into mazes, slides, jumping puzzles, and some random menhirs formed into arrows pointing the way for you.
    @Televised: Don't forget gazillions of hunt statues and target dummies even on the slides, lots and lots of ramps, and hire somebody to test all the jump puzzles with Jete's Jumpmaster 5000 so nobody on foot or mounted has any hope of being successful ...

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I enjoyed the video and your commentary on each of the featured dimensions, I have the same lag problem in the slide dim you spoke of, so much that I fall off the sides, and gave up on it, but I don't lag in other dims.

I too have discovered many beautiful dimensions with low votes, which brings me to a question, how does one go about advertising your new dimension? Is it best to come here? I have seen a couple of people posting in the game chat, one was posting so often that I had to put them on ignore, I think they were getting a lot of vote ups this way but TBH it wasn't that exciting or artistic, it was a huge dim and had just one feature... But I've seen some other dims that were mind blowing and they have way less votes, its kind of sad.

Some people advertise their dimension by creating a thread in this forum with screenshots of highlights or favorite features. This is considered a good way to advertise by almost everybody.

Advertising in chat is controversial, some people like it and others put advertisers on /ignore immediately. I think advertising in chat is okay if it's never spammed and it's creative. If an ad is intriguing enough, it might attract a few visitors. Personally, I never ask for votes in ads because if my ad worked and brought visitors to my dimension, they can decide whether it deserves a vote or not. Spamming ads, begging for votes, and rewarding or paying people for visits/votes is considered sleazy and unacceptable by every true Dimensionerd I know.

Hope this helps!

I thought of more .... lol.

It can be disappointing that votes are not necessarily about whether a dimension is great, good, or otherwise. Sometimes it's about who has a lot of guildees who will vote or who spammed their booties off or who paid money-hungry noobs to vote. While it is impossible to not care about votes at all, most Dimensionerds are satisfied by the fun of the build and the approval of other dimension lovers in our dimension community. We can be a very supportive and close-knit group!

Default Sorry haven't posted in a while but this one got me going

when it was just threesprings, the #1 was it consistently and that was because they were a very very large guild who basically made their members create alts to vote it up. I've been in that dimension and it is mundane.. I don't want to diss anyones work but they people who actually try hard are forced down because of stuff like this..

However I appreciate the fact that I do get to see wonderful dimensions as I don't always get time to visit all the servers. Cheers!
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

When I want to visit dimensions, I usually pick the ones that I see screenshots of from this forum, and now The Dimension Touring Company posts....there are really awesome ones featured there, and mostly ones you won't find on the front page weekly list. To be honest, I glance over that list first, to find new dimensions I haven't seen before, and unless the title is particularly intriguing, indicates it has a house or other structure (I am a housing freak!) or I know the work of the owner, I page on down to the lower voted ones. I've been disappointed too many times (not always....) by going to a high voted dimension, only to immediately leave at first sight of it, thinking how ridiculous that a dimension like that got voted up so high.

I tend to visit dimensions that have a unique name, to me it instantly tells me that some thought has gone into it. And for advertising purposes I don't do much but when I do, it's a note into dimensionaddicts chat - that way I know it's going to my target audience. Occasionally I will piggyback a spammer that's getting on people's nerves to put a fun spin on visiting mine over theirs. Other than that, it's down to my signature. When that changes, it means I've been building again.
    Dimension Builder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast