+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Treble

Thread: Interactive dimension Item PORTAL

Default Interactive dimension Item PORTAL

A Portal could be fun...

Some of u might know the foundry from Neverwinter. If you build a questchain inside the foundry it is possible to locate where u can start the quest.

Now in Rift it would be nice if we could buy a dimension item in the shop thats called something like "portal"...oooooooooooh

And what should this portal do?...

...it should connect all dimensions that u want to be connected from your main and alt chars to one map (wich u chose) to simulate maybe a city, or a land or a portal network like its in rift.

...in this tool you could select the location of the protal on the map, and wich dimension should be placed or simulated from your list of active dimensions.

...a custum uploadet or in a folder placed square map picture in jpeg would also be niceeeee^^

...it could also include mapmarks of other players dimensions if you set them to be located...dimension has to be active at all.

example one:

i have build a big big big city...on different dimensions...with the portal-and-map-system i could simulate a connected gigantic city and portals in defferent areas of the city...click and use and you don't have to search in the list anymore...and it gives the feeling of a big city.

example two:

the same like in one, but at this time me and my friends or guildmates and guildleaders have done a city...also connected to the guild main dimension...if i and u want to...would enlarge the guild structures and create a complex dimension cluster.

this speacial portal system would only be visible inside the dimension that has such a portal and all the individual dimension set up to it...EVERY dimension would need an own individual set up portal.

what this thing does...it gives u a interface of the existing connected and active dimensions...and the item inside the dimension would be interactive. there could be different styles of the portal. it is an allready exsisting interface...we have the list...it would only take data that the dimension list database allready has. it would only look and feel different and give different possibileties. we also have the meshes of the portals.^^

...you could also only use the item as an item without connecting it...

just an idea...

So what do you think? ppl?...trion?...i would be happy to here your ideas about this.

Atraius
    Last edited by Atraius; 01-07-2014 at 07:36 AM.

I can think of a couple of times where this would be useful.

Such as setting up a temporary portal to your storage dimension while building for quick access back and forth.

It would be a really awesome thing for a contest host. Every entry could just save one item to place the portal and then judges and anyone else interested in touring all the contestants could just pop in and out. Would be totally super for that. They should be sold in pairs so that when you open the box you have two linked portals with matching IDs.

That said, I can also see how people could use these to play pranks such as sending players to a cage or something.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

I considered this to not be a oneside-output and oneside-input gate like in Minecraft or Portal. More like a gate to a network with various possible and individual endgates. So i would more think of it to sell as single rather then a pair of portals. You and your friends decide individual wich one of your active dimensions will be integrated into your network.

For your concept of the contest dimension connecting every dimension would need two portals minimum. And everyone would be the first dimension and portal in line. In my concept everyone would have one gate only connected to all dimensions. You would need to manual connect all dimensions. But the visitor would decide wich dimension to visit first and wich one next.

Anyway. Your idea is different but still good.

Atraius

Different mesh shapes could be the portals we know itself from rift (telara, or stormlegion) or just the flat portal square or circle.

No more ideas? Don't you also would like to have portals in your dimension ppl????

Default Dimension Cluster

I started building my dimension cluster on brutwacht (broodwatch). I really could use this portal item others may also.

It's a main dim and severel sidedims for the inside of some buildings, areas and places.

+ Reply to Thread