+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Norris
  • 3 Post By Nouvae

Thread: Music boxes...

Default Music boxes...

Are they supposed to be placed in dims that are not it the areas they are for? I bought an Iron Pine Peaks for my Icewatch Outpost. Was that a mistake?

On another note, is the following a massively overdone idea?
    Since Fae Yule is over, I pulled apart my dim. I am considering redesigning it as an alpine military academy. I wanted to have a barracks with lockerboxes, a kitchen and eating area, a combat training area, a commandant's office and a lecture room. I would also include a PE area if I can figure out the designs and a student relaxation/study area.
    But, Is that idea massive overdone or just overdone?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Heart drops to the floor at the words pulled apart a dim. I dont think its over done. I have seen a couple of schools but not many. I think its a great idea .Well once i get past the part where you pulled apart a dim.

Doesn't everyone pull apart their dims and redo them when the season's change if they were seasonally based? Most people I know put away their Yuletide decorations around the beginning of the year and some even start to plan for Valentine's Day (or whatever is celebrated next?). Anyways, thanks for the input!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tacheon View Post
    Doesn't everyone pull apart their dims and redo them when the season's change if they were seasonally based? Most people I know put away their Yuletide decorations around the beginning of the year and some even start to plan for Valentine's Day (or whatever is celebrated next?). Anyways, thanks for the input!
    *gasp*

*has heart attack*

No. I don't speak for everyone, but my seasonal dimensions will still be around the next time the season comes.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

so, you guys are saying to put my Icewatch dim back to a Yuletide theme and pick another dim to make into a military academy?

That sounds fine, but what about the music box question... did I screw up?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

so, you guys are saying to put my Icewatch dim back to a Yuletide theme and pick another dim to make into a military academy?

That sounds fine, but what about the music box question... did I screw up?
    Icewatch Outpost should have the same music as the Iron Pine Peak music box, so it would be the same and have no effect.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

No we were saying omg you tore down a build. Its ok to do what you like with your dims silly we just cant take ours apart without crying for weeks on end hehe they are our babys each and every build. We be cray cray

If I had made a seasonal dimension, I don't think I would pull it apart. My dimensions are like my children. I cringe when I even think of the 1 I packed up on accident. But I do know of a few people who take them apart and redo them into whole new artworks.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

At the end of the day, it all depends on how rich you are. Either with plat or real life monies turned into credits.

Back in the day, when dims arrived on our shores we were all limited to a single dim per character. So it was either make a new dim on another character or take down and remake. I've taken down more dims than I'd like to count and a few that I haven't been able to recreate since. If you have the finances available it's far easier to purchase an extra dimension slot and start building on another project. If you think your dimension is seasonal and you only want people visiting at certain times through the year just change the permissions to restrict access.
    Dimension Builder.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I have built 14 Dimensions pulled down 8.

I like useful interactive spaces in game and out so it's a personal preference and as for music boxes I love the new editions but these also are a personal preference and you can pop them according to theme (some are more whimsical or ominous than others)

You made me chuckle remembering my good friend Rubeyrose almost crying when I pulled one down back in April'ish so I built another one just for her. (pulled that down a few months later)

On another note, is the following a massively overdone idea?
    I've had this same thought when I was thinking of what I wanted to make for my first dimension, is my idea going to be overdone, but then I came to the conclusion that If I want to make a house, or a castle, or a (insert whatever thought here) then I am probably going to make it even if it might be overdone, because

1. Each artist will have their own "artistic mark" or design, each person sees their "castle" in a unique way, I guess someone could copy if they were intentionally trying but thats tacky, and any artistic person I know wouldn't do that intentionally.

2. I want to build for myself first and visitors second, after all you are the one putting in the hours and creativity into it, why not make what you want instead of settling for something else because it "might" not have been made yet.

3. I have a limited amount of game time each day so I don't have time to search through thousands of other dimensions across all shards to check and see if another (insert blank idea here) exists.

I was just trying to make a point, but my answer to your question would be to make what you like, what you want, because it makes you happy.

+ Reply to Thread