• 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 1 Post By stickybudz
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Homestead: Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Homestead: Greybriar

Heya, all, it's been a while since I've posted anything new here, but this is a dimension I really wanted to share. I've wanted to do a Colonial project for a while (Monticello, specifically, until I got my hands on the floor plan and realized I needed about 5k items to do it justice). I started with one of the grand manors that might be found in Williamsburg or Philadelphia, then decided it was the folks who lived outside the towns and settlements that I found far more interesting.

The family I'm showing here is in its third generation on this farm, and they've been doing well. Maybe next year, they'll be able to finish the second floor so the children can have their own rooms.

Leaving the settlement behind...

This small homestead, in its own clearing...

Newfound wealth, from timber and grain...

The remnant of the original house...

The family's area, away from the fancy new parlor and dining room...

The new loft...

The whole album

I tried to be as authentic as possible with most of the details, from around the mid-1700s. Not shown are the shed, the barn, the fields, and the pond. I hope any visitors enjoy their tour as much as I enjoyed the build.

Dimension: Homestead
    Shard: Greybriar
    Character: Cryosis
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Seriously. You blow me away with your imagination and talent at putting together such detailed and homey places. I keep thinking there is no way people can keep coming up with new stuff that hasn't already been done somewhere, yet I just keep seeing it, and you always manage to be one of those people.

When I start to run out of my own pitiful ideas and start drifting away, I then see something like this, and it renews my interest in trying to come up with something new myself, so I thank you for that. Still haven't exactly managed to do that, but someday I will! I hope! LOL

Wonderful job. Time to make an alt and come visit. Sad to say, I have never actually been able to visit many of these places I see people post because I'm too darn busy or lazy to make an alt. And I need to get her high enough to give 1+ because so many deserve it. I find myself just drooling over the pictures alone, so I imagine if I'm blown away by pictures, I'll probably keel over when actually visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunn View Post
    Seriously. You blow me away with your imagination and talent at putting together such detailed and homey places. I keep thinking there is no way people can keep coming up with new stuff that hasn't already been done somewhere, yet I just keep seeing it, and you always manage to be one of those people.

When I start to run out of my own pitiful ideas and start drifting away, I then see something like this, and it renews my interest in trying to come up with something new myself, so I thank you for that. Still haven't exactly managed to do that, but someday I will! I hope! LOL

Wonderful job. Time to make an alt and come visit. Sad to say, I have never actually been able to visit many of these places I see people post because I'm too darn busy or lazy to make an alt. And I need to get her high enough to give 1+ because so many deserve it. I find myself just drooling over the pictures alone, so I imagine if I'm blown away by pictures, I'll probably keel over when actually visiting.
    Thank you so much for the kind words. When I start running short of ideas, I love to tour what others do, or start flipping through Google Images.

If you don't have time to level an alt to 10, dropping an in-game mail is always appreciated. It makes my day to get a note from a visitor, even if they couldn't vote.

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Looks nice. Going to stop by later for a visit.
    Kagukan - Greybriar - My old dimension "I call it home" Stone Flask Tavern. Latest dimension "Blue Toilet Paper" Moonshade Highlands. Stop by for a visit.

Are you starting to run out of spaces on alts? hehe
    Sooo many many great dimensions and now a new one! How do you get the time to finish so many big builds and even tour on the side and write articles?
    Anyway, I visited this today, and I loved the feel of it, every detail in there speaks of hardworking, honest, down-to-earth folks, and it all somehow makes you think and wish we could all live like that once again...

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Are you starting to run out of spaces on alts? hehe
    Sooo many many great dimensions and now a new one! How do you get the time to finish so many big builds and even tour on the side and write articles?
    Anyway, I visited this today, and I loved the feel of it, every detail in there speaks of hardworking, honest, down-to-earth folks, and it all somehow makes you think and wish we could all live like that once again...
    Lol, I am out of EE's on Greybriar without a character slot extension, and one Edge of Infinity left, but still four Faen's, a Vengeful Sky, some Shorewards and Moonshades and a couple of other small ones either waiting to be rebuilt of sitting empty, so I've been getting spoiled with the big dims before I have to start downsizing again. At any rate the work schedule for the holidays has been light, so that's prime building time

I'm glad you enjoyed the visit, when I was researching, it was really the people that started with nothing that resonated a lot more with me than their supposed betters.

Baradara@Greybriar

I love this dimension, it's amazing. So detailed for the time period, I can't really say I have any favorite parts as the whole home is just fantastic, I really liked the family area and the upstairs bedroom, that would be very much like that in those times. The little cemetery out back was a nice touch too.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Don't know how I missed this thread ... duh. Maybe it's Dimensionheimer's disease.

Feendish has more than 20 dimension and they are all creative, technically excellent, and very unique. They range in style from amazingly gorgeous (Black Flower Shrine) to humorous (Lone Star's Campground) to jaw-dropping (By the Power of Grayskull) to thought provoking.(The Saturnalla) and everything in between. Homestead is another fantastic classic to add to the line-up.

I could wax poetic about many parts of Homestead but my most favorite thing is the broken spinning wheel. As you can figure out from details throughout this dimension, the man of the family who lives here is a wood carver and/or woodworker. He has a work shed beside the house where he does his woodwork and other work for the home. His current project is to fix his wife's spinning wheel. On his workbench, you can see the hammer and spindle pieces next to the broken spinning wheel. On the wheel, you notice missing parts from a couple of spindles. Feendish has conveyed so much meaning about the background of Homestead with this one small detail. I just love odd details like this! AMAZING.

Feendish is humble about her dimensions, so it is hard to find them all. I've taken the Feendish World Tour so I can direct interested visitors to any/all of them!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I'll check it out once you've added the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I love this dimension, it's amazing. So detailed for the time period, I can't really say I have any favorite parts as the whole home is just fantastic, I really liked the family area and the upstairs bedroom, that would be very much like that in those times. The little cemetery out back was a nice touch too.
    Thank you very much. The cemetery is one of those things that gets mixed reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    Don't know how I missed this thread ... duh. Maybe it's Dimensionheimer's disease.

Feendish has more than 20 dimension and they are all creative, technically excellent, and very unique. They range in style from amazingly gorgeous (Black Flower Shrine) to humorous (Lone Star's Campground) to jaw-dropping (By the Power of Grayskull) to thought provoking.(The Saturnalla) and everything in between. Homestead is another fantastic classic to add to the line-up.

I could wax poetic about many parts of Homestead but my most favorite thing is the broken spinning wheel. As you can figure out from details throughout this dimension, the man of the family who lives here is a wood carver and/or woodworker. He has a work shed beside the house where he does his woodwork and other work for the home. His current project is to fix his wife's spinning wheel. On his workbench, you can see the hammer and spindle pieces next to the broken spinning wheel. On the wheel, you notice missing parts from a couple of spindles. Feendish has conveyed so much meaning about the background of Homestead with this one small detail. I just love odd details like this! AMAZING.

Feendish is humble about her dimensions, so it is hard to find them all. I've taken the Feendish World Tour so I can direct interested visitors to any/all of them!
    I already gave you the money, Diva. But thank you just the same.

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

@Feendish: I'm gonna learn how to charge admission!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    What just one? lol

Love your work Feen!

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

I loved it too! I did pay a visit in person and meant to post this sooner. Fantastic job, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I loved it too! I did pay a visit in person and meant to post this sooner. Fantastic job, as always!
    Thank you so much for visiting.

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread