+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "EDGE OF INFINITY" without night ?

Telaran

Default "EDGE OF INFINITY" without night ?

I have a small issue which may be big for dimension addicts :
    In the dimension "EDGE OF INFINITY" ("confins de l'infini" in french) it is always ... daylight !

All dimension items that are glowing or lightning during the night only will NEVER produce light in this dimension.

WHY ?

Because it is in space ? in that case, these items should ALWAYS be glowing or light on.
    I work on a concept in this particular dimension and I am quite disapointed because about 30-35 items I put in this dimension will NEVER produce light.

Please TRION, if you don't want day and night in this dimension, choose "always night" instead of "always day" so all items will produce light, even those who are "lightning/glowing only by nigth".

An other solution is to create new items to freeze a dimension in "always day" or "always night".

Thanks,
    a deseperate dimension addict.

They just need to make ever glowing versions of each item. Can't be that hard, and think of all the money people like me would spend replacing stuff in our broken dimensions.

Ever glowing windows. Why don't they exist?

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    They just need to make ever glowing versions of each item. Can't be that hard, and think of all the money people like me would spend replacing stuff in our broken dimensions.

Ever glowing windows. Why don't they exist?
    This or make a projector for "Day Only" or "Night Only". Personally I would go for the projector because it would save me quite a bit of platinum to replace my light fixtures in a few of my housing dims.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Shadowlander

I would like day time projector - When it hits night time in my Faen's Retreat I have to stop building - Not sure if it's just me but the nighttime has really been affecting my ability to build with ice and snow and it seems to take me alot longer to get my stuff where I want it becuase of the darker areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Archuntress View Post
    I would like day time projector - When it hits night time in my Faen's Retreat I have to stop building - Not sure if it's just me but the nighttime has really been affecting my ability to build with ice and snow and it seems to take me alot longer to get my stuff where I want it becuase of the darker areas.
    One old trick that works admirably in Faen's is to use a Conquest Projector to even out the day/night cycle. Just remember to pick it up before you tackle the lighting so you don't end up with areas that are too dark or too glaring.

As for the OP, I'm sorry you didn't test the items before you put out so many. If you must have that particular item for shape, embed a light source that does work invisibly. Or just wait for Dreamweaving when there will be many to choose from with no parts to stick out.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread