+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 6 Post By FreakyFreak
  • 2 Post By Leyanyar
  • 2 Post By Kitasia
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 3 Post By FreakyFreak
  • 2 Post By stickybudz

Thread: Petition to make dimensions free!

Telaran

Default Petition to make dimensions free!

Trion gets a large portion of their money from dimensioneers, So I purpose that after a certain loyalty value it becomes free due to 90% of their money coming from new players that go into a spending frenzy.

Also as a side note Please set all the credit purchaseable items for 1 silver aswell as crafting mats in the future. Makes testing signifigantly easier

Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Quote Originally Posted by Quackfosh1 View Post
    Trion gets a large portion of their money from dimensioneers, So I purpose that after a certain loyalty value it becomes free due to 90% of their money coming from new players that go into a spending frenzy.

Also as a side note Please set all the credit purchaseable items for 1 silver aswell as crafting mats in the future. Makes testing signifigantly easier
    To negate your costs for testing head to PTS copy a character over then head to the dummy Golem Foundery expert lvl step in and speak to the dude there he will give you a bag for 1s which has 10plt in it,every time you spend 1s on it.. ie endless Plat....then go and play in your PTS dims as you like...

Or you can copy over your toon as many times as you like and combine the plat to one toon and do as above.
    Leyanyar & Taresys: Nocte Eterna Zaviel EU - Zanthas, Lalena, Corrach & Cyanese : The Templars Faeblight NA - Lalenadd & Cyanesel: RDD Road Trip on Laethys NA
    Dimensions: Cyanesel - RDDAnhkor Pools, Zanthas - Zanthas Apothercary WIP Faeblight

That is what I do I copy to the pts to test things. Especially the expensive things before I bring them to live.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

what is this PTS you speak of?

is htere a way to get it without downloading the entire thing again?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    what is this PTS you speak of?

is htere a way to get it without downloading the entire thing again?
    This thread will help you get on your way with downloading the patcher that is required to access the PTS. Note that your addons will not follow you, so if you want them, you have to copy them as well to the Rift PTS folder.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default RDD On The PTS

I also have all this information about Dimensions on the PTS as well as Dimensions we have on live to test items and the Dimensions themselves:

Rift Dream Dimensions: Dimension & Item Viewing
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-29-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Lol don't know y i never thought of the pts myself damn
    "Its not who you are but what you do that defines you"

Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Telaran

No greed whatsoever, however implemented I think its sad that a large portion of people can't do dimensions. They would not have to totally make them free for instance remove the cost on 90% of all items and use dimensions for advertising purposes. Rift dimensions are unique and with them getting a use in 3.0 it would bring trion in a lot more money Via advertising and all the site sponsors.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

alrighty, i downloaded the PTS installer, ran it in a new dir, and then copied the assets folder from my main rift install inside it.

only 300 mb to go. however, it frequently DC's and says "error 3145". but i just resume it and it rolls on ok. then again after 10-15 min, same error pops up.

what gives?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    alrighty, i downloaded the PTS installer, ran it in a new dir, and then copied the assets folder from my main rift install inside it.

only 300 mb to go. however, it frequently DC's and says "error 3145". but i just resume it and it rolls on ok. then again after 10-15 min, same error pops up.

what gives?
    Hrm, not quite sure. Maybe in the Intro thread, there's some info about that error? Quite possibly, it could be a Windows update conflicting with the installer.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

"Free" just doesn't exist

I can't be bothered farming plat for Rex so I'm glad I have the option to purchase the things I want and I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't gamble and I don't have children so why not spend $200 a month on a game I'm enjoying right now

Yeah I know right! $200 a month! Think I need to slow down a bit haha

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread