Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ernbrecht
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: EU-Typhiria: Cabin in the Woods

Default EU-Typhiria: Cabin in the Woods

Dimension name: Cabin in the Woods
    Shard: EU-Typhiria
    Owner: Sanyaenyenwa

On your travels you come across this small group of cabins, hidden deep within the ever snowy woods of the Iron Pine Peaks. Smoke from the chimney promises the warmth of a fire, but you hesitate to go closer. Who might live here, so far from any beaten path? Hunters or mountaineers? Refugees? Outlaws? Is it just you, or is it a little bit too quiet around here?
    EU-Typhiria: Cabin in the Woods-2013-12-20_220053.jpg

Now, I apologise for using the title of a well known horror movie for this dimension, considering it has pretty much nothing to do with that movie. But hey, it got your attention, didn't it? In any case, all is not what it seems in this little, peaceful place of Telara. There are some sinister things afoot, indeed, hidden well away from plain sight.

For my second proper dimension I wanted to see what I could do with Kestrel's Cry Ravine, which I always thought had a lot of potential that was hardly ever utilised by anyone. I envisioned a little village of log cabins deep within a snowy forest and I believe I succeeded in realizing that vision. Even though in retrospect I wish I had made the cabins a bit larger or added a fourth. Maybe I'll do that at a later point, but for now I'll call this place finished.

Please let me know what you think.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

That's a fantastic picture. Now I really want to see it in person!!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Soulwalker

I'd love to see it, but I don't know how to get to the EU dims - any pro tips for a new dimensioneer?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klozov View Post
    I'd love to see it, but I don't know how to get to the EU dims - any pro tips for a new dimensioneer?
    To get to the EU side, close out of the game, the reopen it. Before logging in, go to the SETTINGS tab at the bottom, and click it. Use the drop down to change from North America to Europe. Click SAVE, then click BACK and log in as normal.

This is a good looking dimension, and worth the trip.
    Last edited by Feendish; 12-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks for the kind words!

By the way, if you are wondering. That big, creepy Santa's statue in the middle (not in the picture) is only there for a little Christmas event my guild has planned. It was designed by a guildie.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

+ Reply to Thread