+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Box Angst

Default Box Angst

I'm really unhappy that all of the Fae Yule dimension items were boxed up into kits instead of continuing to let us buy one or two things as needed.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Default Same here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    I'm really unhappy that all of the Fae Yule dimension items were boxed up into kits instead of continuing to let us buy one or two things as needed.
    I was VERY unhappy when I saw these. I want some decorations, but I don't want to spend that many credits blindly without knowing if there is anything in there I need or not. I just hope the items aren't bound....then maybe we can see some appear on the AH. I'm also hoping that maybe single items might be on the Fae Yule vendor tomorrow.

If anyone has purchased any of the boxes, please let us know what was in them. I'd be more inclined to risk a box if I knew there was new stuff in them, and not the same things we already have.

Sigh...

I stopped playing after the 2.6 thing and how rare the artefact sets from dungeons were on EU servers. Then it was the kirin mount being dependant on boxes (which I'll never, ever do) and now all the Fae Yule dimension stuff is from kits...

As much as I dislike sounding negative, I'm sort of regretting checking back to see what's going on. I get its about them turning a profit, but I dislike buying stuff dependant on chance/ risk or buying a set of whatever for perhaps just 1-2 items I want/ need.

You guys do realize the kits will most likely have set items in it, right?
    Ie, when i bought the halloween kits, they had 26 items. Each kit contained the same items as the one before it. I realize it's easy for trion to slide down the store route, and i've stripped a hide off them once alreadya bout some of it, but at the same time teh event hasn't even started yet.
    Give them a chance to screw up before you lay in on them, k?

Default mmmm...k

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    You guys do realize the kits will most likely have set items in it, right?
    Ie, when i bought the halloween kits, they had 26 items. Each kit contained the same items as the one before it. I realize it's easy for trion to slide down the store route, and i've stripped a hide off them once alreadya bout some of it, but at the same time teh event hasn't even started yet.
    Give them a chance to screw up before you lay in on them, k?
    I think we have given them a chance. And the worries and concerns we have are based on past experiences that we remain unhappy with. I hope not to see more of the same. However, I am holding out hope as I stated previously, that we may be able to get single items either from the Fae Yule vendor himself or from the AH if people can sell them.

I hear what you're saying and I understand, but the last time I checked, I don't believe expressing a concern about something equals "laying into them". Peace

That was directed at everyone, but if you thinka bout it htis way - they did pretty decently with Autumn Fest and the dimension items. Unless you have information from the pts that you haven't mentioned, i'm gonna guess they'll likely follow the same pattern they did with A.F, and have items available both ways. Especially when you consider that the items were available in the rift store before the event started for that one, too.

If i'm wrong, i'll go from there, but despite all my issues with other things they've done in the store, I think they've handled dimension items pretty decently so far. I wasn't impressed with the mech world event - *at all* - but i don't think this falls under the same category, or the same....goal, for lack of a better word.

This one is likely to be more thought out, and chances are after teh beating they took for mech week we'll have better choices this time around. All i'm saying is, patience. Wait a day and see what happens.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Agreed, single items are very likely on the vendor in the Fae Yule village. Wait till the event goes live tomorrow before making judgements on this.

While there are one or two things that make me uncomfortable like the Fae Yule store bought achievements, I'm pretty sure that we'll not be disappointed dimension wise.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Surprised to hear this, as just last week individual items were for sale in the store. Hope Radish is right.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default I agree...

I think they did very well with the Autumn Harvest dimension items, definitely no complaints there. Keeping my fingers crossed Fae Yule will be the same I did try to go on PTS earlier today and again just now, but they have it locked. I guess they don't want nosey people like me snooping around I'm just really excited about new decorations for my dimensions, especially my Christmas themed one (Ozark Mountain Christmas on Faeblight) that happens to be in the Cozy Cottage Contest. Someone in the dimension channel was kind enough to link the different kinds of presents in that particular kit, and they are awesome! And it appears they are all new ones, too

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Surprised to hear this, as just last week individual items were for sale in the store. Hope Radish is right.
    Oh yes, those are the old ones from last year. We are discussing the new kits that are already in the store now after today's patch
    Last edited by Foxfire; 12-11-2013 at 03:58 PM.

My guess is that like last year, Grandfather Frost will sell some of the dimension items individually, and the NPC that appears at the end of the Fae Yule Instant Adventure will probably sell some of the stuff too.

However, like Autumn Harvest, some of the items will most likely only appear in the Kits.

That said, the items from the Kits - if they are like Autumn Harvest, should be tradable so like Autumn Harvest you'll probably see excess copies of items that people don't need being sold on the AH.

You know, a lot of it isn't really about whether or not they are coming back on a special event vendor. It's that I don't like to play musical chairs with availability. The items I could buy Tuesday night wherever I wanted I should be able to buy Wednesday wherever I want instead of waiting 36 hours and going to a special place. Every time there's an event items get yanked, misplaced, scattered around and I would prefer not to have to wonder every time what I might need in the month or six weeks it's going to take for everything to get straightened out. Put stuff on the store, in one place that doesn't change and leave it alone!

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Default And Other Fae Yule Tidbits...

I saw this post by Tacitus over on another thread and thought it should be copied over here before it gets lost. Specifically, "Completing that arc unlocks a special dimension items vendor with unique items AND adds a layer of Fae Yule themed artifacts to the entire zone for an hour."
    Last edited by Jaedor; 12-12-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I did ias in sw for 2 hours tonight. So far, its' not working, or 2 hours isn't long enough. If 2 hours isn't, i don't know if i want to know what is.

Then there's a problem with their spawner. I just completed a FY IA arc in Cape Jule and the merchant that unlocked only had the IO key and the commemorative grandfather frost statue.
    He also didn't show in the bottom of the store window how much holiday currency I had, only plat and credits, although he doesn't even sell anything for plat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast