+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By benthalo
  • 2 Post By Kitasia
  • 9 Post By Treble
  • 1 Post By polynomia
  • 2 Post By FreakyFreak

Thread: Dimension Channel ~~ Do Something Trion!

Default Dimension Channel ~~ Do Something Trion!

Trion please PLEASE do something

Yesterday someone high jacked the channel kicked us all out and trolled the crap out of us.

Today level 1s are entering the channel and spamming random junk about sexual acts and making racial remarks

The dimension channel, yes, it was player made, but can you please do something?!?

Make an official Dimensioneer channel or maybe make it easier to moderate, idk, but its really annoying to be trying to talk to other dimensioneers while level 1s spam rude remarks and troll us.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

i've bene trying to get into live support to request immediate help, but it seems like the loyalty check is broken. /: THis is getting pretty frustrating.

In fact, im' absolutely not impressed with Trion right now. /:

Can only enter live chat in the day hours. I will do my best to talk with them 1st thing in the morning as well. They always seem to be helpful.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I will also support this so everyone can feel welcome and share Dimension fun as this channel was originally made for. It is a shame such a chill chat got disintegrated to this. Persevere with the friendliness we have always shared, utilize ventrilo also which has moderators and more can be added if needed.You are all so wonderful, Dimension community is full of such awesome people so I have no doubt everything is going to be ok.

Default .....

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Trion please PLEASE do something

Yesterday someone high jacked the channel kicked us all out and trolled the crap out of us.

Today level 1s are entering the channel and spamming random junk about sexual acts and making racial remarks

The dimension channel, yes, it was player made, but can you please do something?!?

Make an official Dimensioneer channel or maybe make it easier to moderate, idk, but its really annoying to be trying to talk to other dimensioneers while level 1s spam rude remarks and troll us.
    I had no idea you did dimensions lol.

I did talk to a GM in live chat today about this issue. They were happy to be helpful but as I thought there isn't much a GM can do right away. This was the last post from them to me copy/pasted. Other then the goodbyes.

GM Treance: Unfortunately, this is an issue that Customer Support really cannot assist with. The forums would be the best way to get this noticed, and I will try to forward this information along to the appropriate parties.

I also let them know we have posted here as well.
    Last edited by benthalo; 12-11-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    I had no idea you did dimensions lol.
    Actually Rg is just as big of a Dimensionerd as he is into conquest. We <3 him lots. He is the one who saved our channel.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 12-11-2013 at 08:10 AM.

On the suggestion forum there's a thread to make ignore account wide. I propose that we support this so the sad and broken person harassing the channel can't merely make a new level 1 and return. I think that providing benefits to a larger player base than just dimensions make this more likely to get attention from Trion.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Doesn't work well if theyr'e making new accounts. Also, half the drama comes from people responding to the guy. I think it was more than one person, too - was several level 34-38s from seastone adn greybriar, among other players. (At the same time, that is.)

Firstly I would like to say that I really sympathise with you guys, sounds like a nightmare.
    But making a new official channel avilable to everyone level 1 and upwards, wouldnt that instantly get a lot more trolls?
    I have removed my low level chat because it sounds pretty much like what you guys have experienced.

The account wide ignore sounds like a really good idea, and when the trolls don't get fed they usually go away

It's definitely needed, but the problem comes in with the idea that some people like to, or refuse to, put people on ignore. That just makes the drama worse, but at the same time an official channel would possibly open us up to more crap.
    Somethins gotta be done, though.
    I'm fairly sure it's the same group of people doing it, but if the reasons the one i've been hearing, that's - pretty pathetic, tbh.

Dear Trion,
    I am not enjoying or contributing to the Rift dimensions community due to this issue. I post here to ask for your assistance. We would be very happy in policing ourselves instead of requesting assistance from you if certain tools were available to us. A thread has been started requesting account wide ignores (see below) that i think is great. Another idea is allowing players to *own a channel they create with tools similar to guilds. A tool like that would be valuable enough that the *owner would be willing to pay a fee (you're welcome, guys).
    We are aware resolving this issue would be a technical change in policy and code writing that would take time to get into the schedule. If any such assistance is scheduled please inform us as some of us have one foot out the door. Thank you.

Love Izy

Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

we already have ban/kick/block/password features on the channel, but when the owner changes to someone else on the mod list whenever the current one logs out, it's a recipe for disaster. Thats' partly what happened earlier in teh week when we had someone - who i think was impersonating another user in order to create drama in itself?.

+ Reply to Thread