+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Rianne
  • 4 Post By Kitasia

Thread: Chat Etiquette

Default Chat Etiquette

So, as a lot of you know we had some drama in the dimensionaddicts@deepwood channel.

That may be resolved (although it can easily start up again with how channels function) but it still leaves a few things I wanted to say.
    Don't know if it's really my place, but anyway.

First - we're not all going to get along. Some people are going to annoy us. It's our responsibility as (mostly) mature adults to not let that create rifts (haha) in the community.

If you have a problem with someone, keep it between you and them.

Dos
    1. Show interest in each other
    2. Volunteer to visit or offer advice when you have ideas
    3. Ask questions
    4. Answer questions
    5. If you have a problem with someone, put them on ignore. Don't broadcast why, or the fact that you did it, in channel, its' impossible to know who's right in a he/she said argument. We don't want to do it.

Don'ts
    1. Try to create conflict in the chat by making arguments public, etc
    2. Try to make people take sides
    3. Badmouth other people
    4. Insult each other
    5. Expect the fan site operators to be at your command
    6. Demand attention, constantly ask the same question. If you don't get an answer, try again later.
    7. Berate someone else for asking the same question more than once. If they're not filling the chat log with it, don't worry about it.
    8. Try to kick people, get them kicked, or blame them for drama. Just drop it in general and it'll peter out.

This seems like a fairly juvenile, theoretically straightforward idea, but its still important.
    Last edited by Rianne; 12-09-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    So, as a lot of you know we had some drama in the dimensionaddicts@deepwood channel.

That may be resolved (although it can easily start up again with how channels function) but it still leaves a few things I wanted to say.
    Don't know if it's really my place, but anyway.

First - we're not all going to get along. Some people are going to annoy us. It's our responsibility as (mostly) mature adults to not let that create rifts (haha) in the community.

If you have a problem with someone, keep it between you and them.

Dos
    1. Show interest in each other
    2. Volunteer to visit or offer advice when you have ideas
    3. Ask questions
    4. Answer questions
    5. If you have a problem with someone, put them on ignore. Don't broadcast why, or the fact that you did it, in channel, its' impossible to know who's right in a he/she said argument. We don't want to do it.

Don'ts
    1. Try to create conflict in the chat by making arguments public, etc
    2. Try to make people take sides
    3. Badmouth other people
    4. Insult each other
    5. Expect the fan site operators to be at your command
    6. Demand attention, constantly ask the same question. If you don't get an answer, try again later.
    7. Berate someone else for asking the same question more than once. If they're not filling the chat log with it, don't worry about it.
    8. Try to kick people, get them kicked, or blame them for drama. Just drop it in general and it'll peter out.
    This seems like a fairly juvenile, theoretically straightforward idea, but its still important.

Just wanted to pop in and say your Cat made me smile
    Pika

I totally agree this channel was created to help us and other people with dimensions. Sure its great we talk about other stuff and we become friends.

I have told people many many times when they are upset at someone just put them on ignore. I do . It is there to use for a good reason just right and ignore poof annoyance is gone. It is not open ***** chat if you want that head on over to the pvp area there are lots of people more then willing to fuel your drama.If you say well they just make a alt to attack me. Well that is something you then put in a report. Don't drag the rest of us into it.

Unlike many people I have faith that the internet can be a good and kind place. Dimension chat is one of those good and kind places I would like it to stay that way.

+ Reply to Thread