+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

Thread: Does anyone know when Fae Yule might begin?

Default Does anyone know when Fae Yule might begin?

I can't remember what week in December it was last year, but I'm hoping it's soon, and that we will get some neat new Christmas decorations, as well as some of the old ones that for whatever reason didn't make it to the Rift store (more wreaths and stacks of presents please!).

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Fae Yule is set to begin next Thursday, December the 12th, or so it says at the end of this trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    whatever reason didn't make it to the Rift store (more wreaths and stacks of presents please!).
    Check the World Event Merchants, the one in Tempest Bay has wreaths and pressies, nothing on the Rift Store
    Last edited by Slipmat; 12-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.

It'll start December 12th, it was in the promo video for patch 2.5

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.
    Last edited by Lycrios; 12-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Default Thanks to both of you!:)

Needless to say, I didn't watch the video

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Check the World Event Merchants, the one in Tempest Bay has wreaths and pressies, nothing on the Rift Store
    Just checked the World Event Merchant, but unfortunately he wants 250 credits for one little wreath if you don't have enough snowflakes to buy it (which I don't). But 250 credits for one wreath? Nah.....I don't think so Also, the only gifts there are the single ones, and I am wanting the "stack" of gifts. Maybe those will reappear, I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and be ready to go out and earn a lot of snowflakes next week!

I was surprised to see Fae Yule items available under World Events last weekend, All of the items from last year were already available, even though the event has not yet started.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

The 'stack of gifts' (along with the candy canes) was a promotional code offer in RiftWatch, back when Trion gave away free goodies.

Maybe we'll see them again either in game or as a promotion item again.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Default Speaking of Riftwatch...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    The 'stack of gifts' (along with the candy canes) was a promotional code offer in RiftWatch, back when Trion gave away free goodies.

Maybe we'll see them again either in game or as a promotion item again.
    I have signed up for that thing several times, and still have never received one single newsletter. Just wondering if anyone else has that problem, or has a clue why it won't work for me. I use Comcast....wondering if that's the problem? Back when we first got the Moonshade ferns for signing up, I contacted customer service about it. I got an apology and every toon received the ferns in their in-game mailbox, but still no newsletters ....come to think of it, no surveys either. Just wondering.

You can find the old Fae Yule Dimension Items under Cash Shop -> Dimensions -> World Event.

Foxfire--if you are talking about the Fae Yule Gift Pile I'm pretty sure that it was a give away for a promotion that was posted on the Rift Facebook page. The reason I remember specifically is because I don't have a Facebook account so I didn't get any.

Originally they were not bound and people were selling them on the AH. But at some point they were made account bound which is unfortunate imo because they can no longer be used in guild dimensions. Someone in my guild got several and we put them in the guild bank for storage after the holiday but when I took them out to put them back in the guild dimension I discovered that they became bound to me at that point and I can't put them in the guild dimension now.

As far as not getting newsletters and surveys--have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes your mail provider will dump things like that in there for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellekat View Post
    Foxfire--if you are talking about the Fae Yule Gift Pile I'm pretty sure that it was a give away for a promotion that was posted on the Rift Facebook page. The reason I remember specifically is because I don't have a Facebook account so I didn't get any.

Originally they were not bound and people were selling them on the AH. But at some point they were made account bound which is unfortunate imo because they can no longer be used in guild dimensions. Someone in my guild got several and we put them in the guild bank for storage after the holiday but when I took them out to put them back in the guild dimension I discovered that they became bound to me at that point and I can't put them in the guild dimension now.

As far as not getting newsletters and surveys--have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes your mail provider will dump things like that in there for some reason.
    Yes, I thought I remembered seeing them for sale at one time on the AH. That explains why I can't find any now....I get so frustrated with all this binding of dimension items. I really hate it, it's nothing but a pain to deal with. Plus I don't understand why they don't at least put them on the World Event Merchant, or the Rift store ...they could still be account bound if that's so darned important.

But anyway, with that said, yes I look at my spam folder almost daily....I especially did back when I was hoping to get one of the newsletters. I just find it so odd that I can get mail from Rift customer service, but not newsletters or surveys.

Although you can't get the piles anymore, I'm pretty sure you can get individual gifts of varying colors and shapes from the Vendor who spawns after a special Fae Yule Instant Adventure rotation during Fae Yule. (the Fae Yule Instant Adventure has you basically defending and doing various things for an NPC outside some sort of Fae Yule-themed cottage. If you reach the end of the IA chain, she'll sell you Dimension Items not available from the normal dimension vendor in your home city).
    Last edited by Jonus; 12-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I was hoping Fae Yule would be up on the PTS by now so i can check out if any new games or 'goodies' have been added.

Nothing yet, guess i'll check again later tonight (for me) when Trion are about to leave work

I am so bad I keep checking the pts to.

+ Reply to Thread