+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Snap
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Winter lodge (WIP)

Default Winter lodge (WIP)

After 2 years and a half of heroic deeds, dungeoning, raiding, slaying defiants, my mage Cheesecakesandwich finally decided it was high time to retire. So I went shopping for a key to a dimension and found myself a beautiful winter wonderland of my own to spend a quiet and peacefull life of crafting and a dungeon delving from time to time.

So I started building this house on the side of the road.

As you enter, you quickly realize it's currently under construction as the back wall is merely a bunch of wooden planks nailed together.

The house currently have 3 rooms, the first being the entrance where you can sit and enjoy some hot chocolate and bread before heading outside in the cold.

The second room is the bedroom, since Cheesecake was in a hurry and there is still a lot to be done around the house, she quickly built a fireplace to keep the house warm and used her magic to create smokeless fire.

Even though she's retired, it doesn't mean she forgot about saving the world. In the third room, she can plan and keep track of what's going on around Telara and if the Guardians need her help, she'll be ready.

It was a very long day for Cheesecake, she quickly fell asleep in front of the fire after reading through several books.

So, this is my Work In Progress. I'm planning to make 3 floors with a triangular shape roof, balconies, a stable and several other stuff. The fireplace is gonna be a real fireplace, not just a couple stone bricks.
    Anyone knows if it's possible to not have snow falling inside the house?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

To stop the snow, you have a couple of options, but those things stop the snow for the entire dimension, not just inside. The Fire Sky Projector will stop the snow, however, it will turn the sky a dark red and give everything in the dimension a reddish cast. You can alleviate that by stacking an air or water projector on top of the fire to change the sky back to normal-ish. Something with the coding makes it so that you never know what sky you'll get when you enter the dimension, so every visit is a surprise. Another option, if you have attained purple tier loyalty, is the Space Sky Projector. That projector will stop the snow but will also make your dimension quite dark, so you can either stock up on candles or you can stack another projector just as with the fire.

Your pictures look good and the story made me chuckle (particularly falling asleep in front of the fire, which is a huge safety hazard). Hope the information above was helpful.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thx for the info.
    I guess I'll just keep the snow since I like the snow outside. I wish there was some sort of item that would stop the snow in a X radius.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Disciple

Looks nice so far. I have cherry tree petals falling inside my house. Something we have to live with without collision detection for dimension items.
    Kagukan - Greybriar - My old dimension "I call it home" Stone Flask Tavern. Latest dimension "Blue Toilet Paper" Moonshade Highlands. Stop by for a visit.

+ Reply to Thread