+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dimention Items Effects working on and off?

Shadowlander

Default Dimention Items Effects working on and off?

I am building a dimension where the lighting and effects of the items are a huge factor in the feeling of the rooms - My lights (not night glow) - lavender twist flower glow - even the lightning from teleporters and glow from magitech items seems to tun off alot leaving my room very darkish and boring. I have worked really hard to get the lighting in the room nice with these items and reflections from them off walls. Is there a bug going on I am not aware of? I have invited a few guests in to see if it was just something going on from my view but it appears even my guests can not see the effects.

Which dimension are you using?

There is a known issue with the special skies and conquest sky projector that conflicts with the nightglow effect on windows and some lights. If you use either these sky projectors or the original dimension they were found in, the nightglow effect is mostly nullified.

The lamps will produce light at nighttime in the dimension, but any glow effects are gone.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 12-02-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Shadowlander

It is in Edge of Infinity. Im not using any sky telescopes. I am goign to try and link a picture here you can see in it the first few lights are on against teh wall and one is off. They all sort of turn on and off at random. Even the lamps on the counters and lucid flower effects are turnign on and off at random. I hope this link works so you can see.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/...psae68fd3f.jpg

Shadowlander

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c48ac07.jpg

Here you can see all three lights off on the side and there should be lighting coming out of the smaller platform floor. It also turns off randomly. Not sure what to think I cant find anything in the forums of this happening to people.

Edge of Infinity uses the space sky so it seems nightglow effects do not really work in the dim. The day/night cycle works and lights turn on at 5 pm and off at 7 am but the special effects are kind of missing. =/
    Last edited by Jaedor; 12-07-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I have the same problem with the effects and lights. I had just ignored the effects but recently I added boggling lamps to alot of my builds for extra light. Most of the time half of them are off which is weird. Especially since they are lights that are supposed to always be on.

Shadowlander

Hey thanks so much for replying you guys! I am just going to let it go and love it anyways. The more I work on the Dim the more I love it... perhaps Ill pretend the lights turn on and off and flicker at times on purpose inside the bar to add a strobe light type feeling lol Who knows what things happen at The End of the Universe ;)

+ Reply to Thread