+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Norris
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Kitasia

Thread: Help!!!!

Default Help!!!!

So, I am planning on entering the Dimension contest. However, I am slightly overwhelmed and what not. Can you all offer any ideas on how to design and build a gazebo. I have tried Mossy blocks, stone pillars, just nothing seems to be messing properly.
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

I would highly recommend using a search engine to look for pictures of a gazebo for inspiration. Choose the one that you like the look of (don't go overboard with complicated right now as creative stuff can come in later). Once you picked a design you like the look of, i would guess the main beams would either be vertical planks or poles. If using poles don't scale them too large, instead use them at sensible sizes and stack them on top of each other to give you the height you require.

For the roof, you could try and get leaning triangles to line up but i would probably use planks that get progressively smaller - or better yet just tiles on top of each other to give a 4 sided pyramid effect.

If you use toolbox for angles you could try a pentagon for the roof but this would probably require either triangles or planks.

And remember....

You must face the gazebo alone!
    Dimension Builder.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Depending on your theme, you can always build a framework from pirate staircases--which work great as a finished item if you're going for rustic. Even better, the staircases are cheap if you decide you don't like your design.

There are two of them (gazebos made from pirate staircases) uploaded as Toolbox sets to the Dimension Addicts site listed in the resource thread that are free to use and modify, and Google images is always your friend. Also, there are a number of gazebos that others have made so you can look at them in person and get an idea of how they were made. One I would highly recommend is Kitasia's Sweethearts on Deepwood. You may not want the item count investment that she put into hers (something like 400 wood planks) but you may be inspired to work out your own design--or can at least figure out how she put it together.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Don't forget that furniture can be used in construction as well. The end tables are not too thick and have a nice arch. Wide and narrow library bookcases are also a traditional choice. Backless mahogany chairs add a nice trimming detail. Just look in the store, look at the tops and at the legs and see how you can use those.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

I sometimes find that visiting other dimensions give me a lot of inspiration.
    Doesn't even have to be anything like what I have in mind I want to build, it can just be small bits and pieces here and there that give me completely new ideas

And remember, you can see people using items in a way that gives you new ideas, but you wont impress anyone by just copying them ;)

Good luck

In ~Sweethearts~@Deepwood I made my gazebo out of wood planks. In ~Sweetbriar~@Deepwood I made it out of tables and other objects.

Yeah, I am using the roof triangle pieces and putting them together to make the longer roof. Currently using pirate fences and lightly varnished wood poles. Now it is all about lining everything up properly.
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

+ Reply to Thread