+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Fireseeker

Thread: Everyone's got a story: Dark Secrets Market

Telaran

Default Everyone's got a story: Dark Secrets Market

After seeing a lack of variety in what dimensions people used, I've taken it upon myself to put together a few of the lesser used ones so they can be shown off too.

My first public dimension is Dark Secrets Market by Firescar on Hailol.

It's a Breach Chamber map.

The vendors have some wonderful things to sell, so come check it out, won't you?

It's small, but mine tells a strange story and includes a logic puzzle of sorts.

Everyone is a little shaken up since the butcher died last week and while his stall has been closed, there's still drama and nitpicking abound!
    The florists are upset with the tailor ever since she used the florists stall to install a sign for her own stall. But the tailor claims business is better than ever and daily customers flock to her stall and brings them both business. The florists are unhappy with the new clientele and insist they keep their high standards for customers.
    The bartender tries his best to keep peace with everyone, but the trinket seller constantly accuses the bartender of stealing his things. The food vendor never liked the butcher's nor the fur seller's callous attitude towards animals and remains aloof towards everyone but the pottery vendor. The pottery vendor likes everyone, even the aloof, grumpy florists.

Be wary, among the subtle bickering, everyone's got problems. Can you name the vice each vendor has? the clues are in the story and in the dimension and they are all different.

Nitty gritty:
    Good lord I hate the lighting in this dimension! I have no idea why the bar is so incredibly bright, but moving the placed lamps has not helped at all. Is there any way to remove some of the natural lighting? (Like covering the wall torches up with pillars? XD )

I don't know what else I should add. Some areas are a bit empty. Maybe I'll come back and add a small garden/park later.
    ^
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    SPOILER SPACE
    SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V
    Florist -> Espionage
    Bartender -> Murderer
    Food Vendor -> Pyromaniac
    Tailor -> Dealer of tiny white baggies
    Pottery Seller -> Buyer/user of tiny white baggies
    Hunter -> Kleptomaniac
    Trinket Seller -> Alcoholic
    The florist doesn't like anyone but regulars coming around. This is because she's selling information. There's a book and scroll hidden in the autumn bush on the ground.
    The tailor has a large stash hidden behind some of her boxes. The pottery seller has one of her bags underneath the left "foot" of the stall.
    The hunter is the one that has been stealing the trinket seller's stuff. There's a small green horse behind the bow rack. The food seller knows of this and was planning to set fire to his stall after the butcher fiasco died down. There's a torch under her cart. The trinket seller keeps a bottle of wine in his stall under the tent in a high, Jerry-rigged shelf and the bartender was the one who killed the butcher. There's a bottle of poison on the bottom shelf of the bar and one of the barkeep's poisoned mugs behind the fallen butcher's stall.
    Last edited by Fireseeker; 11-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.

This is a great idea, I love the story and puzzle!
    Although visiting it became clear that I wouldn't have been able to figure it out if you hadn't provided the clues here. They are invisible to the casual visitor. But still, fun project!
    I'd love to see more dimensions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireseeker View Post
    Nitty gritty:
    Good lord I hate the lighting in this dimension! I have no idea why the bar is so incredibly bright, but moving the placed lamps has not helped at all. Is there any way to remove some of the natural lighting? (Like covering the wall torches up with pillars? XD )
    I had the exact same problem. It's the built in light from the torches and they shine much further than normal torches. If you check out Dragonbane's Rest (useful plug) on EU, Gelidra by Kollette. The furthest wall is located where I didn't have glare from the rear torches. in fact, there's still a little glare where it, come to think of it. The black marble diminishes it.
    Dimension Builder.

+ Reply to Thread