+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: SOUNDBOX Suggestions. Brand New. Awesome. Must Read!! Must have^^

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default SOUNDBOX Suggestions. Brand New. Awesome. Must Read!! Must have^^

    Hi Ppl.

    Oh i know you all love the atmosphere when u enter a dimension. The things you see, you touch and you hear. Like the headline says this is about the things you hear.

    We already have jukeboxes for music whats greeeeat. Ohm..i have the music turned off most of the time because i'm listening to radio music and only have a few gamesounds active.

    So HERE is my suggestion of what could be an awesome change to rifts dimensions future.

    Music:
    - Already added

    No Sound Emitter:
    - For deleting all sounds that are usually exsisting in the original dimension except the placed sounds

    Atmospheric Animals:
    - Tweety Birds, Deer (Deep Forest)
    - Seagull (Docks, Haven, Harbour, Port)
    - Crows, Bears, Woolfs, Spiders (spooky)
    - Whales (Underwater)
    - jungle,

    Atmospheric Nature:
    - Wind, Thunder, Storm, Leaves in the Wind, Sandstorm, Cracking Wood and trees,
    - boiling lava, boiling water, floating water, bubbeling water, boiling tar,
    - snow storm, hurricane,
    - big fires,
    - rainforest, soft rain, heavy rain

    Atmospheric Places:
    - marketplace, bazar,
    - tavern/pub sounds with and without ppl
    - church, temple
    - caves, sewer tunnels, old wooden rooms
    - forge, mines, timber worker, haven/harbour/docks, laboratory, cemetery
    - auctioneer screamer, marketplace screamer/seller
    - paperboy on a marketplace
    - a bathhouse
    - warfront/war sounds like infight with swords and shields, and war shool trainings sounds,

    Atmospheric Band Music:
    - Piano classic, soul, old bar,
    - bigband, orchestral, church choir, organ
    - trumpeters, fanfare, war drums, japanese drums, indian drums,
    - harp, hang drum, japanese harp,

    The soundboxes should have a small range and it should be possible to add several boxes.

    THIS would be amazing^^ did i miss something? add your ideas^^ thx ppl

    Atraius
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-20-2013 at 09:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Oh now there is a great idea! I mean the sounds already exist in the game world, so why not capture them in a sound box?

    I would like to add an underwater sound: The Siren Song from Ember Isle!

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    damed...i knew i missed one^^ thx...great idea.

    imagine the possibilities. vengeful sky without this annoying flashing...an own guild city with living sounds depending on where you are at the moment...tavern, church, habour, marketplace, caves, forge, mine....great^^
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-20-2013 at 09:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    damed...i knew i missed one^^ thx...great idea.

    imagine the possibilities. vengeful sky without this annoying flashing...an own guild city with living sounds depending on where you are at the moment...tavern, church, habour, marketplace, caves, forge, mine....great^^
    Yes, I agree! I would love to create my own little world like that!

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    I love this idea. I play with all my sounds on just because I love them. I love the chatter of my squirrel. Have thought about buying the song bird because it is so adorable when I am near someone with it.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Thats what i am saying^^ i was on greybriar to visit the dimensions...i found a santa dimension with beautiful light flaires and a nice house...and then i got xmas feelings^^

    what would happen if a entered a valentines dimension with bird sounds, harps and summer breeze sounds^^

    ...i would fall in love WITH EVERYONE...so run!!!^^

  7. #7
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    Thats what i am saying^^ i was on greybriar to visit the dimensions...i found a santa dimension with beautiful light flaires and a nice house...and then i got xmas feelings^^

    what would happen if a entered a valentines dimension with bird sounds, harps and summer breeze sounds^^

    ...i would fall in love WITH EVERYONE...so run!!!^^
    Please remind me NOT to build a Valentine's dim with sounds and harps and stufff... hahahaha

    But yea, I can totally picture my dims with different sounds in different areas.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Zelurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    284

    Default

    As much as i appreciate ambient sounds, we already have a good selection from already existing dimension items, such as sourcestone spheres. I would prefer seeing new music boxes coming out, appropriate for Bravine/Dusken areas.
    Zenahk@Laethys

  9. #9
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelurk View Post
    As much as i appreciate ambient sounds, we already have a good selection from already existing dimension items, such as sourcestone spheres. I would prefer seeing new music boxes coming out, appropriate for Bravine/Dusken areas.
    I really don't consider Sourcestone sphere's as ambient sound. The humming is rather annoying.

    Plus, they just released a ton of music boxes. Dusken's music is all jarring and I would not want to see that in form of a box. But I could go for some Brevane and Dendrome music.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelurk View Post
    As much as i appreciate ambient sounds, we already have a good selection from already existing dimension items, such as sourcestone spheres. I would prefer seeing new music boxes coming out, appropriate for Bravine/Dusken areas.
    I really don't consider Sourcestone sphere's as ambient sound. The humming is rather annoying.

    Plus, they just released a ton of music boxes. Dusken's music is all jarring and I would not want to see that in form of a box. But I could go for some Brevane and Dendrome music.
    this is an idea collecting...so if someone likes the more classical way of musicboxes its ok. but he also has to understand that this is about ideas. dimensions are individual...its about what you see or hear and what you can do with it. creativity and imagination...one likes it classic and one likes it more special...more more more^^

    ...and one is looking forward for valentine dimensions muhahahah^^
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    Here i am still building my Fae Yule dimension and now I am dreaming of Mariel-Taun

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    ok...one szene:

    your wediing day.
    the bells of the church are ringing.
    the church is on beside the marketplace and everyone is gathering on the place...its a beautifull small town at the coast.
    the organ plays when u enter the church and everyone is cheering at you^^

    or...

    a deep dark forest...woolfs are screaming...fog is everywhere...the wind blows...and inside the forest is a small hidden tavern...you hear music and ppl as you enter but its empty and dark...ghosts??

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    It would be good when viewing the boxes in the shop if they played a sample of the music.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldscar View Post
    It would be good when viewing the boxes in the shop if they played a sample of the music.
    great idea...and it would be good if trion removed the sound of the skyes and added a soundeffector that you can buy if you like to instead.

    the sound of the skyes is still as annoying as the sound of the spheres -.-
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-20-2013 at 12:09 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    OK here's what I have been thinking:

    You walk through the thick jungle of a lost civilization. Various animals can be heard, over head you hear exotic bird sounds, in the distance a crazed vhar. Frogs and Bogling sounds fill the area next to the river. (Dormant Core)

    Some of the dimensions already have some nice ambient sound, like the wind that always blows through Dolcega Valley, now if you could enhance that with other sounds that would be awesome.

    The sound of the wind though can evoke shivers and you might think it's a cool, blustery day. So, if you want people to believe it's a warm day, then you might be able to add some cheery sounds, like birds singing.

    Anyway, I love to brainstorm like this
    Last edited by Agrona77; 11-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts