+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KitennKaboodle

Thread: Vengeful Sky Item Limit

Default Vengeful Sky Item Limit

Guys ive been to indoor dimensions like halls of shaping and so, and they have 5000 item limit max, why vengeful sky has 2000 max while having the biggest space to build on? Why trion keeps putting high item limits on limited space dimensions? Atleast it could be 3000 or something, I'm willing to pay for its upgrade if necessary, realy vengeful sky needs to have more item limit

Halls of Shaping is a guild dimension. Personal dimensions always have lower item level limits, probably because there are vastly more of them on a shard.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Honestly the only one I wish was bigger is Deepwood. That one is enormous with allowance for so few items, but it does force one to be creative.
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

I wish all the personal dimensions had at least 1000 more item count. the 5th tear hurts really bad to buy cost wise like really bad but at least we can get it. I wish there was a way that they could make that cost way more worth it. Wink wink by adding 1000 to the existing 5th tear . We all know the guild dims have hit the bursting point. Can ya maybe please look into making the current personal 5th tear 1000 items bigger. It wouldn't make us burst at the seams just make us a little chubbier.

Well i dont know but, dimensions should scale with their size. 2000 is pretty low for such big dimension. Inner places shouldnt have more item limit than an outer place dimension

If I remember correctly. I believe it was said the reason some are bigger is not to fit more items in it but to give us more choice of where to build.

"Keep in mind, too, that a dimension's physical volume is not meant to correlate with its item limits. This means that each dimension will have more or less "empty space" when they are full of items. It's up to you to choose how to manage the space you buy."

Here is a link so you can see the post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4037173

Yes it sucks and yes I am all for more items in every dimension . Except guild halls since they are about to pop atm.

Shadowlander

Something I did with Moonshade Pools and the garden there was increase plant size to max limit (I find that most of the plants are rather too small at default size). Trees depended though (some are massive when maxed out). Also, using boulders in outside areas to act as walls and backgrounds help hide empty spots and give a sense that the place is bigger than it is (it takes 10 minutes for me to do a moderately paced tour of that one and see all of the gardens.)

I think with the outside dimensions that have a lot of open space, either build huge or use plants and trees to work as screens. This is something that's done in actual landscapes to create a sense of intimacy or hide un-optimal areas.

Look at my Nakh Estate (deepwood cottage) @Laethys. I overuse large trees, to the point of even throwing in a max size huge canopy tree for kicks. It creates a certain effect. Generally, i think that Deepwood's is the only dim that has a truly low item limit. Personally i like working with existing structures, so this is rarely a issue for me.
    Zenahk@Laethys

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pentegass View Post
    Guys ive been to indoor dimensions like halls of shaping and so, and they have 5000 item limit max, why vengeful sky has 2000 max while having the biggest space to build on? Why trion keeps putting high item limits on limited space dimensions? Atleast it could be 3000 or something, I'm willing to pay for its upgrade if necessary, realy vengeful sky needs to have more item limit
    Halls of Shaping is also deceptively small. If you include all the vertical space, it's massive. I agree, however, that Vengeful Sky and most other barren dimensions could stand to have their item counts raised, and that Deepwood Cottage truly is low for its size. Premade item pieces can alleviate some of the item hit if you choose to use them, and using oversized plants to eat up real estate is another trick.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Yeah the whole item to size ratio is crap. They need to fix that. I can almost swear that if they increase dimension item limits, RIFT will get an influx of cash from the many obsessed dimension-making players. As for meh, buh-bye RIFT. Hello EQ Next.
    Last edited by Khaylan; 12-10-2013 at 12:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread