+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Alfiexx
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By KitennKaboodle
  • 7 Post By Josh York
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Jaedor

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dungeon Artifacts Drops Need Changing

Default Dungeon Artifacts Drops Need Changing

Evan though they have been in for a while now, just that i didn't want the sets until saw what the items were from the achives, but the main problem is that the artifacts are a white drop, which means any one can pick it up most of the time the tank, which means you can do 100000000 runs but if u don't get first loot on mobs with pugs then you won't get any artifact at all, they need to be high rarity rating so the need vs greed procs when the artifact drops, not only this they need a massive increase in drop rate or put at least 1 or 2 chests in each dungeon like tower of the shattered so all have a chance of getting artifacts.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Agree with most of this. I haven't run tons of them but have yet to see any drop at all.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    Evan though they have been in for a while now, just that i didn't want the sets until saw what the items were from the achives, but the main problem is that the artifacts are a white drop, which means any one can pick it up most of the time the tank, which means you can do 100000000 runs but if u don't get first loot on mobs with pugs then you won't get any artifact at all, they need to be high rarity rating so the need vs greed procs when the artifact drops, not only this they need a massive increase in drop rate or put at least 1 or 2 chests in each dungeon like tower of the shattered so all have a chance of getting artifacts.
    Hi Alfie, tracking you and my guild a long with a few other friends since 2.4 I am aware people on both regions are going to great lengths making groups specifically to attain artifacts even guilds are prioritizing one person to get the artifacts in guild runs but the odds are still very daunting rng wise. A vast majority do not have this luxury though especially EU with quieter populations so adding this to what you are experiencing weighs heavy on possibility. We have two people on NA with 2 sets between them and none on EU from the shards I have checked (please excuse me if any of this has changed).

Giving this time to settle since 2.5 released especially gauging friends who are artifact and achievement fiends the odds are very dim even for those farming experts or trying to complete achievements to attain these items.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-19-2013 at 08:38 PM.

+1, we need more dungeon artifacts dropping. It is unhealthy for so few (and for many servers, nobody) to have access to such coveted dimension items.
    Zenahk@Laethys

I never do dungeon runs but am now doing so and have only ever seen one blue artifact drop I have never looted a white or seen a green and have had to shop on the auction house which is atrocious. Paying 1-5k for a artifact is so harsh. I have chars on two EU servers and haven't even seen anyone selling the items
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

Rift Disciple

Rifthead identified a couple people with 2 or 3 unique sets complete on their respective servers --

To be certain I will only speak for myself Amory @deepwood, I have the Empyrean Core souvenirs complete (Pouring water effect, brevanic tower elevator etc) as well as another person on Deepwood.

The drop rate needs to be increased undoubtedly... many of these instances don't have trash you can readily farm. Talk about insult to injury

I watch the ah like 15 times a day just for these artifacts. I have people in my guild who said they would sell to me first rather then learn them. I also run dungeons now I hate it but I do it just to try to get these. Have not seen a single one drop yet, and have only been able to buy about 8. All of them have been between 300 to 800 plat of coarse I cant buy them at 800. Not to mention even when they have trash most groups wont kill trash if they dont have to, they just skip right past it.

I have done tons of the dungeons since the patch and actually got one of the artifacts last night from realm of twisted dreams, it was the blue one. This was the first one I had seen and I have been tanking all of the dungeons. I am almost afraid to use it. It is sitting in my bags tempting me. I searched for the other parts to the set but none of them are on AH in faeblight. I do not like tanking in that dungeon but I will if it means fairy houses.

Had about 3 or 4 from twisted fae and emperyan core.

Sell for a good 450 - 1000p so I'm happy
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

We've bumped the drop rate and set the rarities to Rare and Epic internally and we'll push it up with the next patch.
    Last edited by Josh York; 11-20-2013 at 05:40 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Three cheers for Josh!

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Josh York View Post
    We've bumped the drop rate and set the rarities to Rare and Epic internally and we'll push it up with the next patch.
    Thank you kindly Mr York

YES! No more white ones so everyone can roll!

PS: Thanks for Hammerknell revisit & being able to fish for artifacts. Maybe this could be a feature in all of the expert dungeons to fish and get chance at super rare artifact that is part of the sets-instance must be cleared first so a pool after last boss?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-20-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Yay!!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Do we have an eta on this patch, please? I have a competition to enter and it would be nice to have time to farm all these so that we have access to the same items as our NA friends.
    Dimension Builder.

+ Reply to Thread