+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Oh no Dimensioneers nightmare

Rift Chaser

Default Oh no Dimensioneers nightmare

I bought keys to look at new dimensions. I made sure every time to not replace my beloved build dimension. Got a lag, stuff shifted, different dim went to the front, didn't read well as I expected it all to be well like the last 5 times....and poof... replaced my heavily used RP 1500 item dimension. Many many days of building gone in a second.

And I have no idea where the items have gone to add insult to injury. The moving crate is empty.

Anyone have any ideas where they went? I am pretty sure my dimension set up is gone forever Any lessening of this nightmare would be nice. As this might be a fatal blow to my drive to dimension for a long time. If the items are gone I can't even start anew without farming for months again for the money to even replace it. I know it technically is my own fault as I didn't double check twice before finally clicking. I started checking the forums for answers but it only got me more worked up and stressy. So I hope you guys forgive me for what is likely a repeated post from something already here. But I am rather bummed out so any pointers would be nice.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-19-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Rift Chaser

Default Items found

Ok... I found the items. it seems the moving crate isn't universal but only shows on the what i now assume was the replacing dimension. That's something at least.

Sorry for the panicky post everyone. It's sorted, not all that's left is trying to gather enough courage and the right mood to start all over. I likely will take a break for a bit to get de-bummed out by my own stupidity.

Rift Chaser

Default dimension lock?

Could a lock next to a dimension, just like the lock next to the skill bar be an option to add? That was you can't replace the dimension unless you deliberately unlock it, and then of course you would still get the are you sure warning. It would have prevented my misfortune, and i can't imagine me being the only one this has happened to.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-19-2013 at 01:30 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    Could a lock next to a dimension, just like the lock next to the skill bar be an option to add?
    Brilliant idea & no you are not the "packed it on accident" scars run deep across Telara

I know all to well this heart ripping feeling. First your face is hot, you feel tears coming to your eye, the wind has been knocked out of you. I did this to my beloved "The Playground" That I won 1st place in the summer contest with.
    I WILL REBUILD!
    Please don't let this keep you bummed for long. I know it is disheartening. But nothing we can do and we are just human and make these mistakes. Take it as another fun rebuild of a loved piece.
    Good luck and so sorry to hear this happened to you.
    Last edited by benthalo; 11-19-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

i just had similar happen to me and i was so close to being finished with my dimenson.. sigh. now its time to start again. What i get for looking at secondary spots for the new contest
    Mariposita - Lead - Order of Paragon - Deepwood - Guild Level 25
    www.paragon.mmochiefs.com

If you have copied your character to pts, there might still be a copy of your old dimension there. You can use dimension tools to copy stuff back out

It can help a lot to save sections of beloved builds to Toolbox. It doesn't mean you won't want to change it up later but at least it's there and you can check the "Load in original location" box to have it placed exactly where it is in the original.

Try to cheer up and have fun with the rebuilding.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

welcome to the "rebuilders club!" yes we all have a name for it now and would like to make you a member seeing that you now fit the criteria
    (never give up! never surrender!) Oh, Zywen, Spud and Akhor we should add that to are dimensionerd title some day as are credo hehe!
    any way welcome and never give up! =) we've all been their ;D
    Last edited by firebolts; 11-20-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Ya i had destroyed and had to rebuild sweethearts once. thank the Vigil I had it on the pts. I was in a panic for many hours crying and hysterical before i realized I had it somewhere else.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I've done this, more than once, and it never gets easier. At first, all you can do is sit there, stunned and dismayed. Then, you can either pick up the pieces and put it back together (about 4 times), or you can ragequit for the day (once) and come back to it later. Fortunately for me, each time I've done it, the rebuild has come out better (in my opinion), than the original version had ever been. Not to say it doesn't still suck, but there can be a bright side.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Every time I hear about someone packing up their dim by accident, my heart stops a beat and my breath catches in my throat. I can't even imagine what that feels like *knocks on wood*.

I'm so sorry, Serathe and like the others said, don't give up!

I really like your lock idea.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 11-20-2013 at 11:28 AM.

i haven't tried this yet, so i'm not sure if this would cause rift to crash or not; but if you select every item in your dimension, could you make a complete backup by saving it as a toolbox set?

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the support and the tips everyone. I haven't copied my character to the testserver, nor did I have anything in toolbox. So that's all lost unfortunately. I spend time placing all my stuff in the wiped dimension as that's the only dim I have with well over 1200 spots for stuff. My previous village looks like a gigantic yardsale now with stuff piled up everywhere.

I decided to deal with it by incorporating the loss in the guild rp story and my personal characters story (as it was very linked the village). So we atleast get some rp out of it and serathe took residence in the small camp of my alt (my only still standing dim).

Trying to rebuild in the same dim and rebuild what I had feels to much a daunting task and to much like work. so i am going to rebuild in another dimension and make something completely new and get my creativity bubbling and the buildingmood back again. On the brightside. I suddenly have a whole dimension worth off stuff that became available again to build with. And ideas are forming again.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-21-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleaf Ranger View Post
    i haven't tried this yet, so i'm not sure if this would cause rift to crash or not; but if you select every item in your dimension, could you make a complete backup by saving it as a toolbox set?
    I think the max number of items in a toolbox set is about 125. After that, you risk crashing from selecting too much and having either an incomplete set or it not saving at all.

But it's definitely workable to save elements of a build and a huge timesaver. I've built on the pts and saved parts, exported the files to live and had builds done in 10 minutes compared to the days or even weeks of work and tweaking to set it up.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast