+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Faalzia
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: How high can we build?

Default How high can we build?

So, now that I am getting into the Dimension game. ( Tons more fun than actually playing the game ) I want to know how high we can build.

I have an Idea to do an LOTR theme when the fellowship enters into the woods and goes to meet Galadriel and climbs the Mallorn tree. Is it possible, and which Dim, would you recommend for such an endevour?
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faalzia View Post
    So, now that I am getting into the Dimension game. ( Tons more fun than actually playing the game ) I want to know how high we can build.

I have an Idea to do an LOTR theme when the fellowship enters into the woods and goes to meet Galadriel and climbs the Mallorn tree. Is it possible, and which Dim, would you recommend for such an endevour?
    There's a green bubble at the top of the dimension, just as there is at the boundary, and how that might be varies. The highest roof, and please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm giving an educated guess, is likely in Dormant Core, particularly if you start at the bottom of the crater instead of at the top.

There is a dimension on Faeblight where someone built Saruman's castle (for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it right now) in DC from the top, but the roof of the castle is so high draw distance can't make it all out.

But any of the larger dimensions has a high roof, so my recommendation is to use whichever one you feel best complements your theme. It sounds like a great idea.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Be advised that anything really tall will see objects derender at certain distances. I have this trouble in three Springs at the furthest areas from the lodge (usually the boat dock areas). To prevent seeing things hanging as other items derender, you'll need to add things to block line of sight. My solution is adding some nice full trees along the path down to the water.

I would recommend any of the dimensions that have really nice green land if you're going to do the Mallorn trees from LOTR. Moonshade Pools is nice in that you can up the item amount to 2,000, it's got waterfalls and ponds and best of all... no buildings to disrupt your theme.

Oh this is very possible and you have lots of options. Mostly it will depend on if you want to use the existing countryside to replicate Lothlorien or if you are willing to terraform it.

Looking only at dimensions you can buy, Faen's Retreat goes very high from the surface of the pond. So if you don't care about the water, you could cover it and build up from there and around it. You can also easily cover up the house with a large tree or two.

Vengeful Sky is also very, very tall but it has lightning and crashing rocks sound and light effects you may not want. Dormant Core has great height if you start from the bottom. Stoneflask Tavern goes way, way up but you'd have to cover the two buildings. Moonshade Highlands also goes up a very long way, especially if you start at the lower level of the dimension.

There are other, smaller dimensions that also have good height but if you want a really large scale they are probably not high or big enough. Please let us know when your project is complete so we can come visit!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was also thinking instead of doing Lothlorien... perhaps doing a scale Minas Tirith..... XD
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

+ Reply to Thread