Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 2 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Akhor

Thread: Suggestion: Lock items in dimension

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion: Lock items in dimension

It would be really nice to have the ability to lock items in a dimension so they can't accidently be removed (or even moved). Nothing like spending hours decorating your house and then having it disappear when you thought you had the wine bottle selected.

Default I would love it if it could be done...

I asked for this a really long time ago, and since then several other people have as well. As far as I know we've never gotten any answer as to whether or not it would be possible, but I certainly wish we could have this feature. The only workaround is to hit escape to avoid the accidental movement, but if you don't immediately realize what you've done, that doesn't really work.

OR if you accidentally remove it, then there's no undoing it. For this reason before I pick stuff up willy nilly I slide it up slightly to make sure I have the right item, and am constantly using escape.

Totally agree with all of you. It is very irritating and confusing, when EVERYTHING lights up around you, when you move your cursor.

Can dimensions have a padlock, like the one for our hot bars? But would that mean that if we pull out an item from our inventory, it's immediately locked and we can't move it, if the lock is closed? And if it's open, then we are back to square one.

But it would be too tedious to lock every single item. How could this "lock item feature" be achieved? I have never coded anything in my life. I just play the games, let others do the coding, so I have no idea how difficult this would be.

Shadowlander

My mouse is a little wonky, and at times I'll put something down and it grabs an already placed item so this would be AWESOME. It would also help when trying to move things around inside builds, or move parts on top of other parts that can be a pain to select.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Can dimensions have a padlock, like the one for our hot bars? But would that mean that if we pull out an item from our inventory, it's immediately locked and we can't move it, if the lock is closed? And if it's open, then we are back to square one.

But it would be too tedious to lock every single item. How could this "lock item feature" be achieved? I have never coded anything in my life. I just play the games, let others do the coding, so I have no idea how difficult this would be.
    I wonder if it could be coded in such a way that you could lock your dimension with all the existing placed items, but still add new items without them becoming immediately locked. Then lock again when you are ready to move on to something else. Sort of like a "save" feature. Like you, I have no idea if it can be done, but I think I could deal with an entire dimension lock/unlock toggle.

I'd rather have a lock for individual items, and maybe the ability to multiselect then lock/unlock. The main reason I'd like it is for houses made from scratch, while decorating the inside it would be nice not to worry about selecting a main piece of the structure.

Default LOCKING and UNLOCKING

Everyone who love Dimensions should put in Feedback / Bug Report IN-GAME as if everyone did this this may bring stuff in like locking and unlocking items / whole dimensions.

Here is what I put (may ad more at later date)

1) Unable to lock an dimension and/or item

2) Unable to select multi-select items with one click - unsure how this could be done.
    Ziena's Cosy Get-A-Way Dimension | Seastone | Open 24/7 | +1s appreciated!
    =========

+ Reply to Thread