+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 2 Post By Fredelas

Thread: New item. Dimensional Distance Indicator

Default New item. Dimensional Distance Indicator

Dimensional distance indicator
    This item came out in 2.5. I have no idea what it does. Can anyone explain this please.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Dimensional distance indicator
    This item came out in 2.5. I have no idea what it does. Can anyone explain this please.
    It does a couple of things. I mostly use it to set a center point. There are markings for distance in 5m intervals, and tick marks that denote angular offsets, so that you can attain greater accuracy without installing Toolbox or any other addon. It's actually a pretty handy little tool. Definitely well worth the cost for the use that it's already seen.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    It does a couple of things. I mostly use it to set a center point. There are markings for distance in 5m intervals, and tick marks that denote angular offsets, so that you can attain greater accuracy without installing Toolbox or any other addon. It's actually a pretty handy little tool. Definitely well worth the cost for the use that it's already seen.
    Thank you for that. So it's like a tool for dimensions? Have you checked my one? I would have to take you for a tour as there are many hidden places.
    It's call "Eye in the sky" i think (on mobile at the moment ) on Greybriar.
    Pm me if im on and ill take you to the hidden spots "Mickdayblind"
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Thank you for that. So it's like a tool for dimensions? Have you checked my one? I would have to take you for a tour as there are many hidden places.
    It's call "Eye in the sky" i think (on mobile at the moment ) on Greybriar.
    Pm me if im on and ill take you to the hidden spots "Mickdayblind"
    I have looked at it, and after I read this the first time, I went back again. I found one secret area that I know of, but outside of that, I've never been any good at rooting out hidden chambers and secret rooms (they really are secret for me, lol), so I'd be happy to get a tour.

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I figured that it was something like that, but wasn't sure if it would be worth it, seeing that I'm using toolbox. But, now that you "vouched" for it, I might get it and see if I can build even straighter now LOL Man, I'm sooooooo taking my time, making sure EVERYthing in the house I'm building is lined up properly and at right angles. This thing might be JUST what I need!

Thanks for the feedback and explanation, Feendish.

Plane Touched

I would say the biggest benefit of this item for me is to help visualize things before I begin building. I have a hard time just looking at a space and imagining what might fit there, or approximating angles.

It has already saved me a lot of time by helping me avoid otherwise failed experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    I figured that it was something like that, but wasn't sure if it would be worth it, seeing that I'm using toolbox. But, now that you "vouched" for it, I might get it and see if I can build even straighter now LOL Man, I'm sooooooo taking my time, making sure EVERYthing in the house I'm building is lined up properly and at right angles. This thing might be JUST what I need!

Thanks for the feedback and explanation, Feendish.
    Toolbox is great for a lot of things, but it doesn't help you make things evenly spaced when you want something centered. For me, that has always involved a lot of running back and forth, or even using the wood plank ruler. Now, I just plunk down the indicator, match my sides with the circles, and put my center piece on top of the big glowing ball.

I had actually waited a bit to buy it, because I didn't understand it, and I hadn't bothered to read up on it. Once I dropped it down, the light clicked, and I love it. For this one tool (along with the search bar), I wish I was Faratha's Secret Santa this year.

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread