• 1 Post By firebolts
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Seyler
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: The Hanging Garden: Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default The Hanging Garden: Greybriar

Almost since my first build, I've wanted to try The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the ancient Seven Wonders of the World. This is my third try at the gardens (the first was in Faen's Retreat, and the second was in Vengeful Sky), and this time might be the charm. With the laying of the first piece, there was not really any such thing as stopping until the last went into place.

A gem of the desert, under a moonlit sky: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=4

The fountains and terraces of the Hanging Gardens, surrounded by lush greenery: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=3

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=0

A simple structure at the height of the tower: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=2

The Hanging Gardens were so massive that even now, it's more of a cross-section than the full wonder.

I hope visitors enjoy the peaceful gardens. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dimension: The Hanging Garden
    Character: Shorteee
    Shard: Greybriar
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow! Awesome work as usual Feendish! Absolutely love it!

Can't wait to see it in person, but I really must show the EU servers some love first But hopefully I'll catch up with you sometime today (well my today, probably your tomorrow lol)

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by stickybudz View Post
    Wow! Awesome work as usual Feendish! Absolutely love it!

Can't wait to see it in person, but I really must show the EU servers some love first But hopefully I'll catch up with you sometime today (well my today, probably your tomorrow lol)
    Lol, I look forward to it. Have fun on the EU side, some beautiful work over there.

Baradara@Greybriar

Oh Feendish, you do such exquisite work! Pictures look amazing, but I can't wait to stroll through the Hanging Gardens in person!

As usual you have taken my breath away!! This is a beautiful build. I loved it and spend a long time there. It is a place I can return to and relax.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

Thank you for the positive feedback and visits. I love those builds where you get started and it just flows together and pretty much builds itself, and wish all of them went that way.

Baradara@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

might be the most expensive dimension ever built. But looks good.

with the price in AH on waterfall maybe,=o lol =) though I hear Greybriar shard was selling the waterfalls for less in AH then some shard=o but still really cool=D

Quote Originally Posted by firebolts View Post
    with the price in AH on waterfall maybe,=o lol =) though I hear Greybriar shard was selling the waterfalls for less in AH then some shard=o but still really cool=D
    I picked up most of the water effects for 80p each. Pricey, yes. Not as pricey as...nearly all the trees on the Rift store. The Brevanic Terrace pieces were 15-20p each, and I have several of each left over. Maybe in a couple of weeks, they'll come down, and maybe they won't. I dumped nearly all of my plat reserves into the AH, and I still don't feel bad about spending digital money on digital items, and since the player who has them puts up more every day, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to feel that way. If I were the first on the shard to get a coveted item, I would certainly sell said item for a markup, and I don't consider his/her price increase to be unreasonable.

Baradara@Greybriar

Default Another Masterpiece!:)

I finally got around to visiting last night, and it was just as beautiful as I knew it would be. I don't know how you do it, I just wish my imagination worked more like yours does! The new fountains were just perfect for this build, too!

Yes, the flowing water item was made just for this
    I enjoyed my visit, it is truly a magnificent build. Love your architecture and the lush flowery burst in your dims. Do I want to know how much it all cost? ouch
    (By the way, one of the pillar tops is missing its yellow kelari lamp, see I paid attention! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Yes, the flowing water item was made just for this
    I enjoyed my visit, it is truly a magnificent build. Love your architecture and the lush flowery burst in your dims. Do I want to know how much it all cost? ouch
    (By the way, one of the pillar tops is missing its yellow kelari lamp, see I paid attention! lol)
    Thank you for noticing that missing lamp, so I can fix it, because I certainly didn't catch it. The person selling the water effects and terrace pieces is now quite well off, most of the rest, I already had, and I completed Blue in the Face so I could buy my own lamps without the markup which in the process gave me the rep to be able to buy my own Kelari columns (I hated EI at 50 because there was nothing for me there but death ), so it didn't really cost as much as it looks like it did. The highest cost, as usual, came in the final upgrade of the dimension itself.

I'm glad you enjoyed the visit!

Baradara@Greybriar

Feendish, next time I visit, I'll bring my tent and I'll stay in your Hanging Garden dim. Beauty like that needs to be taken in slowly, one day at a time!

Another amazing creation!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread