+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Post trophy prices.....

Shield of Telara

Default Post trophy prices.....

Only seen the flowing water on our server, but guy had a lot of them posted. Maybe 75.

Stacks of 5 for 400P so 80 per. and singles posted for 100P each.

Now I can see a mark up right now. But if I remember those are 34P and change? Not in the game right now. Double would probably be a ceiling to most peopel I would imagine. But with no competition theycan name their price and hope people buy them, but with that many I suspect within a couple weeks youll be getting them at less than the store price.

I think the markups are completely valid for server first kinds of items like pouring water. I have yet to even see an artifact drop, much less complete a set.

So if some very lucky person was able to complete a set and kindly put dimension items out there on the AH for us to buy, I call that a win/win. I think it was Amity who mentioned last weekend in the DA channel that it might have cost that person 5k plat for just one artifact in the set, and at 100p ea he's got a long way to go to recoup those funds.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I know the markup is ridiculous... and yet I bought them. A friend of mine bought a set of 5 as well. I kept telling myself, just wait, the price will go down, more people will get the set complete and competition will make it come down. But I couldn't wait! And with something this gorgeous, I don't even regret spending that much plat on it. So yes, I am grateful that this person didn't rush the artifact set just to keep everything for themselves, I think they deserve the 50p profit per piece.
    Post trophy prices.....-2013-11-12_205503.jpg
    Btw, purchase price in store is 31p 50g

Gorgeous fountain!

I do have a question if anyone knows the answer: I presumed that the unlock was by character but wonder how all the shards were able to have the same items at the same time. Can anyone confirm that the achievement unlock is account wide?
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Even if it isn't account wide, all he needed was a number of level 15 characters to load up and transfer off server. In one week he sends them back to his home shard with the profits. With smart management or rerolls he should be able to sustain the flow of both items and cash.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Even if it isn't account wide, all he needed was a number of level 15 characters to load up and transfer off server. In one week he sends them back to his home shard with the profits. With smart management or rerolls he should be able to sustain the flow of both items and cash.
    Oh right. Well nice of him to offer them up!
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Shield of Telara

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that guy, and it seems like only one person at the moment is a developer on a made up account. Or someone who was capable of getting those artifacts in some other way besides actual game play.

How many people have been confirmed to have finished a set of ANY type? How many people have been farming experts since they found out and havent seen any drops at all let alone the exact right ones and they won them all.

Good cash dump in any event.

Or I suppose it could be a multiboxer or something, but even then his luck on the drops would have to be very good especially since any duplicates he may have seen havent come on the market either, which would be an obvious place for them. Since they would fetch more of a price than the trophies would.

I've heard of some folks just farming trash over and over for the shinies since they are a drop rather than a placed item. If you had a group like that ready to go, it's quite possible with a bit of RNG luck.

On Greybriar, I've only see dimension items from two sets/dungeons: the pouring water effect and the brevane wall/pillar/curve pieces. I'd guess the person putting them up for sale is either a savvy player of the AH with an eye for knowing what dimensioneers would want the most or a dimensioneer him/herself. Either way, I'm very glad they are up for sale.!
    Last edited by Jaedor; 11-13-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Those pieces are from the same set, although I did hear that someone on Deepwood has the fae houses from the Realm of Twisted Dreams.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    This actually would not work. I bought a bunch of bogling lamps etc. for someone on another server and took my level 16 over for delivery. A week later when I tried to transfer her back home it told me I had too much plat for my level! I had to put in a ticket explaining my situation so a GM could take me home.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I bought several of the pouring waters, and I don't feel the slightest bit bad about giving another character a significant amount of my plat. Not only that, but I think I bought a small truckload of Brevanic terrace pieces just because they are a perfect match for Strozza Estate (never mind I promptly turned around and used them for another project which will be finished very, very soon--it was one of those kinds of builds).

If this character was a dev, that doesn't really bother me, after the relic fiasco we went through a while back. If it was a bot, at least the bot didn't jack the prices up so high no one could possibly afford them. If it was a character who shelled out a ton of his own plat to buy these pieces and is trying to recoup his expenses, then I'm glad I could help.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

yeah that set is the 'obvious' set to get. I think the other was the Empyrean Core (unless that is this one) but there are two sets with items that look decent, the others are a little 'meh' unless they can be morphed into something.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post
    yeah that set is the 'obvious' set to get. I think the other was the Empyrean Core (unless that is this one) but there are two sets with items that look decent, the others are a little 'meh' unless they can be morphed into something.
    I would really like the Tower of the Shattered set, for all the facade pieces. So many textures! So much color! I see those pieces and think of mosaics and wall pieces, fantastic temple pieces...You get the idea, lol.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I'm looking forward to the new pieces. I don't mind Trion trying different things, such as locking them behind a trophy section, so we'll need to actually run some chronicles to collect artifacts, in order to unlock them.

I do... feel a bit funny... that the people that REALLY look forward to the new items (dimension addicts)... would have a hard time getting access to them.

Imagine a new PvE Raid is released, but you must have max PvP level on 4 characters in order to access them. I mean... wot?

I think the best way is to allow players to craft dimension items. May be even as an mechanism to use up the infinity stones or Empyrean Sourcestones - which don't have much uses.
    Last edited by Silir; 11-13-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

With luck after much farming... I've got the empyrean core set on deepwood and they are gorgeous items for sure. (brevanic wall pieces, pouring water effect, brevanic tower elevator)
    If you'd like them cheaper than AH prices, send a message in game to "Amory@deepwood".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast