+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Silir
  • 2 Post By Silir
  • 2 Post By Silir
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: Updated Dimension-Grabber: Select-Near

Default Updated Dimension-Grabber: Select-Near

So, originally the tool was for selecting items that matches a certain name. v2.5 has made that part obsolete.

Today's update gives us a "Select Near" ability.

Updated Dimension-Grabber: Select-Near-select-one.jpg
    Select the first item. Enter a number in the textbox and click Select Near In my example, I'm using "5", and each cube is roughly 2 length unit. You can use decimals. If you use rubbish numbers expect an error

Updated Dimension-Grabber: Select-Near-select-near-5.jpg
    Addon selects items that are within that radius of the initially selected item.

Download it here.
    http://sdrv.ms/1dkZZNg
    Last edited by Silir; 11-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.

I wanted to add a disclaimer: Test the addon in a scrub dimension to get comfortable with how it works. The "Grab" button for example will pick up an item and put it straight into your bag. useful for cleaning up certain objects, but very destructive to your dimension if used unintentionally.

I bump this thread. There seems to be some issues with the default UI for selecting items within a dimension. This was created just before v2.5 when we got the search box in dimension UI.

I haven't touched the addon for quite a while. But just had a go with it in my warehouse dim and it seems to still be working fine.

Usage:

/dgrab

(show/hide window)

Use the find textbox to specify part of the item's name.
    Use Find to find the first one in the dimension items list. Use Next to find the next one, etc. Use "grab" to put it in your inventory. You can use the addon along side the default UI so the "found" item is also the selected item in the UI.
    Last edited by Silir; 03-14-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Hmm, this is the first I hear about this addon. I might have to try it out. Thanks for helping the dim community with your creation!

+ Reply to Thread