+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
Like Tree120Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.5 New Dimension Items

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default 2.5 New Dimension Items

    Hi everyone.

    I like the new items very much. But i don't like how to get them...I asked a few ppl how to get the artefacts, if they drop or if u need to collect them and if this happens very often or more rarely.

    The last thing was what i was told...they drop like never...if u see one at the auctionhouse u can buy them for muuuuch money...

    SO WHAT ARE NEW ITEMS FOR IF NOONE CAN HAVE THEM...CRAP!!!

    Also the dimension part of the game is unavailable in Europe right now. That s..... too.

    I'm really p... and asking myself, what am i paying for...or like daglar said in a former stream...like it or leave it.

    Why is trion making the same mistakes over and over again.

    Binding fishing dimension items...community didn't like it...trion had to fix it.

    Binding dim items after they where unbound...community didn't like it...trion had to fix it.

    Binding dim items to impossible archivements...community is not going to like it...trion will have to fix it...

    ...over and over again...

    I mean how to spent money for the items when theres no way for the ppl to unlock them...

    And seriously those items are for a smaaaaaall group of ppl to be unlocked...and an even smaaaaaler group of them do like the dimensioning part of the game or even care about it at all... and an even smaaaaler group of the even smaaaaaler grp (sry^^) can build great dimensions or has great ideas or do like the new items...see what i mean

    this concept with the new items is a waste of time and resources from trion...u are creating items that noone is going to have ver...theres a better use of your time and our money!

    This progress s.... is not for the dimension community...dimensions are for fun! And with such things you are going destroying the fun of dimensioning...over and over again...

    You want to have my money?...Give me an ACEPTABLE way to spent my money for u!!!!

    I'm still in rift ONLY because of the dimension feature...if this won't be i would have left allready...like others! I'm not a fan of dungeons or raids or what ever...

    I AM A BUILDER AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    atraius

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Proclivity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    Hi everyone.

    I like the new items very much. But i don't like how to get them...I asked a few ppl how to get the artefacts, if they drop or if u need to collect them and if this happens very often or more rarely.

    The last thing was what i was told...they drop like never...if u see one at the auctionhouse u can buy them for muuuuch money...

    SO WHAT ARE NEW ITEMS FOR IF NOONE CAN HAVE THEM...CRAP!!!

    Also the dimension part of the game is unavailable in Europe right now. That s..... too.

    I'm really p... and asking myself, what am i paying for...or like daglar said in a former stream...like it or leave it.

    Why is trion making the same mistakes over and over again.

    Binding fishing dimension items...community didn't like it...trion had to fix it.

    Binding dim items after they where unbound...community didn't like it...trion had to fix it.

    Binding dim items to impossible archivements...community is not going to like it...trion will have to fix it...

    ...over and over again...

    I mean how to spent money for the items when theres no way for the ppl to unlock them...

    And seriously those items are for a smaaaaaall group of ppl to be unlocked...and an even smaaaaaler group of them do like the dimensioning part of the game or even care about it at all... and an even smaaaaler group of the even smaaaaaler grp (sry^^) can build great dimensions or has great ideas or do like the new items...see what i mean

    this concept with the new items is a waste of time and resources from trion...u are creating items that noone is going to have ver...theres a better use of your time and our money!

    This progress s.... is not for the dimension community...dimensions are for fun! And with such things you are going destroying the fun of dimensioning...over and over again...

    You want to have my money?...Give me an ACEPTABLE way to spent my money for u!!!!

    I'm still in rift ONLY because of the dimension feature...if this won't be i would have left allready...like others! I'm not a fan of dungeons or raids or what ever...

    I AM A BUILDER AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    atraius

    I'm on your side dude....Like it or Leave it Dag...wt heck, really... you guys are to that point with us peeps ...cool...well there must not of been all that much loyality...yes I agree, we the public whine and want all the time...now its your turn...welcome to MMO's
    And while Im whining, please, please... fix the dimensions ...ok pretty please...ty sooo much you guys are the best ... no others can compare...I wish we were like you guys... ?that enough?

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Wait the game is free to play...

    The prices of the items once you have the achievements is remarkably low and that Infinity Gate dimension is available without needing to do anything, very generous considering those who raid this content work very hard and one of their rewards is items that match it. I personally love the new items because it keeps our game a live I do not want it to die and turn into a building only game, it would become boring fast. The items are also not soulbound so making friends is encouraged which is cool in an MMO RPG.

    Your passion for Dimensions is amazing so nice to see but to fault the rest of the game because you can't have it entirely about Dimensions and easily accessible is not speaking for someone like me who is part of this Rift Community not just Dimensions but I am just as passionate as you about them.

    They are a great improvement over the Stronghold items. We have more content coming which keeps me curious for drops and there is a quest to attain West Ember Isle items not just Dungeons.

    Hopefully you get into some Expert Dungeons that have been here for a long time, I have a level 50 on Eu shards I'll try to get to 60 to jump in with you maybe? I am unsure if I'll have the time though any time soon. Hmmm...solutions solutions cause your happiness is important too!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-07-2013 at 03:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I admire your passion and hard work towards everything dimensions and promoting them Kiwi. I partially agree with both groups. With all due respect I'd like to make a few comments.

    I agree that people clearing the content deserve some extra benefit as they do work very hard in overcoming and clearing it but I also think that it is limiting items to a very very small group of players if based on getting conqueror . Many guilds can eventually clear a raid dungeon but conqueror is another matter. It not only takes the skill to get through the content but also agreement and participation of a raid group to go for achievements.

    Whether that recognition should be in dimension items is something I'd question. Most raiders able to obtain such items are (with some exceptions) more interested in using a dimension for parsing rather than building and would either give away the dimension item, dump it in a guild bank, throw it out or sell it for a substantial amount. The friendship angle is a nice idea but highly unlikely given the prices that could be charged for such items. (think of regulos dimension item although thats one per).

    The acheivement dimension items seem reasonable and not terribly difficult to obtain and draw players into content and dailys etc.. Many people can do them so they probably wont be too inflated on auction house for those who choose not to do them.

    My problem is the dungeon artifact sets. I am assuming they are drops that need to be rolled on? The reason that I am making an assumption is that after completing 5 experts so far there has not been a single artifact drop or sparkle in sight. Now say there is only one piece that I'm interested in. I can do one dungeon of choice per day and x amounts of randoms in the hope that I can get the dungeon of choice, see an artifact drop, see that it is a piece I need drop, win the roll then successfully do that times however many items I need to complete the set. I know its early days but have not seen any on auction either unless they are bop. If this is how it is meant to be and not bugged I'm most likely going to give up and pay a ridiculous amount of money for the item when someone actually gets a set together and starts selling for highly inflated prices and I will resent paying it and resent another part complete artifact set in my growing collection (to date 426 completed sets and I hate to think how many incomplete)!

    I doubt that making the expert articact ones or Infinity ones a bit easier to acquire will mean turning the game in just a building one. Perhaps if the Rift Gods are intent on it being an effort based reward system you could do the dungeons in the same way as a raid instance - ie give the purchase rights to people that have done the achievements and perhaps not tying them to conqueueror but to single achievements with reward equating to the degree of difficulty rather than the randomness of low drop rate artifacts .

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Wait the game is free to play...

    The prices of the items once you have the achievements is remarkably low and that Infinity Gate dimension is available without needing to do anything, very generous considering those who raid this content work very hard and one of their rewards is items that match it. I personally love the new items because it keeps our game a live I do not want it to die and turn into a building only game, it would become boring fast. The items are also not soulbound so making friends is encouraged which is cool in an MMO RPG.

    Your passion for Dimensions is amazing so nice to see but to fault the rest of the game because you can't have it entirely about Dimensions and easily accessible is not speaking for someone like me who is part of this Rift Community not just Dimensions but I am just as passionate as you about them.

    They are a great improvement over the Stronghold items. We have more content coming which keeps me curious for drops and there is a quest to attain West Ember Isle items not just Dungeons.

    Hopefully you get into some Expert Dungeons that have been here for a long time, I have a level 50 on Eu shards I'll try to get to 60 to jump in with you maybe? I am unsure if I'll have the time though any time soon. Hmmm...solutions solutions cause your happiness is important too!
    Hi Kiwi and thx for your answer. Thx also for the other answered ppl^^

    Yes there are ppl raiding and also building dimensions...as i said i's a small group. And the dungeon artefacts sets are old...so if it was possible to get this artefacts than there would have bin some on the autionhouse or not? I checked it and there where 2 of 48 Artefacts...so bad...one was for 200 plat wich was nearly ok and one was totally overpriced...so they don't seem to drop or to be found easy. I know there have to be special rewards for ppl who work hard and spent much time in the game...but what about the ppl who can do so and also like the items...I know the pricings are ok..i totally agree with you...but how does the prices matter if u can't unlock them...And do you really think those unbound items are going to be cheap in the auction house^?? not really...Sure it's an mmo...but not everyone likes everything...i don't do dungeons or raids...that is boring and stressing for me...why should i play a game for boring and stressing me?...dimensions never get me bored...never!

    And we are also talking about an economic thinking company...how to make money if they make it impossible for ppl to spent money...thats illogical...and they tried the same thing in the past...as i said the com didn't like it...dimensions are a whole different part of the game...it's more interaction then progress i've ever seen in a game like this...this feature like it is, is unique...and lets get this shure, there are many games outside who have also unique and great features...so if trion doesn't make money they can't make new content...if they can't make new content ppl leave...if ppl leave, the game is lost...end.

    I know u kiwi and i know your love for dimension stuff etc...but as i said i am in the game for building...and only building...if i can't build theres no reason for me to stay...

    I also think Trion is going to listen, because they often did in the past...i just don't know why they are always trying the same s... over and over again...it doesn't work for the com...end.
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-07-2013 at 11:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldscar View Post
    I admire your passion and hard work towards everything dimensions and promoting them Kiwi. I partially agree with both groups. With all due respect I'd like to make a few comments.

    I agree that people clearing the content deserve some extra benefit as they do work very hard in overcoming and clearing it but I also think that it is limiting items to a very very small group of players if based on getting conqueror . Many guilds can eventually clear a raid dungeon but conqueror is another matter. It not only takes the skill to get through the content but also agreement and participation of a raid group to go for achievements.

    Whether that recognition should be in dimension items is something I'd question. Most raiders able to obtain such items are (with some exceptions) more interested in using a dimension for parsing rather than building and would either give away the dimension item, dump it in a guild bank, throw it out or sell it for a substantial amount. The friendship angle is a nice idea but highly unlikely given the prices that could be charged for such items. (think of regulos dimension item although thats one per).

    The acheivement dimension items seem reasonable and not terribly difficult to obtain and draw players into content and dailys etc.. Many people can do them so they probably wont be too inflated on auction house for those who choose not to do them.

    My problem is the dungeon artifact sets. I am assuming they are drops that need to be rolled on? The reason that I am making an assumption is that after completing 5 experts so far there has not been a single artifact drop or sparkle in sight. Now say there is only one piece that I'm interested in. I can do one dungeon of choice per day and x amounts of randoms in the hope that I can get the dungeon of choice, see an artifact drop, see that it is a piece I need drop, win the roll then successfully do that times however many items I need to complete the set. I know its early days but have not seen any on auction either unless they are bop. If this is how it is meant to be and not bugged I'm most likely going to give up and pay a ridiculous amount of money for the item when someone actually gets a set together and starts selling for highly inflated prices and I will resent paying it and resent another part complete artifact set in my growing collection (to date 426 completed sets and I hate to think how many incomplete)!

    I doubt that making the expert articact ones or Infinity ones a bit easier to acquire will mean turning the game in just a building one. Perhaps if the Rift Gods are intent on it being an effort based reward system you could do the dungeons in the same way as a raid instance - ie give the purchase rights to people that have done the achievements and perhaps not tying them to conqueueror but to single achievements with reward equating to the degree of difficulty rather than the randomness of low drop rate artifacts .
    I agree...you can't force ppl in this game to do everything trion want's...then there's simply not enough time left over to do the things you like in the game...

    Dont't get me wrong, the idea of collecting and unlocking is great...see the hailol artefacts set...sooo many artefacts...and i bought them...i also found some and sold the ones i had twice...^^ THAT was and is still great...it is possible and i like it...even if i have to leave my dimensions for that

    I remember there was a time you could find Artefacst in chests inside dungeons...why don't do this again...chets does mean everyone can loot them...the prob with rolling on items is u can only roll on blue items i guess...not green...not white...so what about others then blue artefacts -.- put them in chests and make the chests lootable instanced for everyone, so that every member of a group can loot a chest for once inside one dungeon. And don't make it soulbound!

    This would work for me. And for others to i guess...ppl who farm them and sell them...ppl who wants them and finally can get them...because not every artefacts collector is also doing dimensions...and for ppl who farm the sets to make money with the items...all would be happy^^ me to. and trion to, because i could start to spend real money for new items^^

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    Hi Kiwi and thx for your answer. Thx also for the other answered ppl^^

    Yes there are ppl raiding and also building dimensions...as i said i's a small group. And the dungeon artefacts sets are old...so if it was possible to get this artefacts than there would have bin some on the autionhouse or not? I checked it and there where 2 of 48 Artefacts...so bad...one was for 200 plat wich was nearly ok and one was totally overpriced...so they don't seem to drop or to be found easy. I know there have to be special rewards for ppl who work hard and spent much time in the game...but what about the ppl who can do so and also like the items...I know the pricings are ok..i totally agree with you...but how does the prices matter if u can't unlock them...And do you really think those unbound items are going to be cheap in the auction house^?? not really...Sure it's an mmo...but not everyone likes everything...i don't do dungeons or raids...that is boring and stressing for me...why should i play a game for boring and stressing me?...dimensions never get me bored...never!

    And we are also talking about an economic thinking company...how to make money if they make it impossible for ppl to spent money...thats illogical...and they tried the same thing in the past...as i said the com didn't like it...dimensions are a whole different part of the game...it's more interaction then progress i've ever seen in a game like this...this feature like it is, is unique...and lets get this shure, there are many games outside who have also unique and great features...so if trion doesn't make money they can't make new content...if they can't make new content ppl leave...if ppl leave, the game is lost...end.

    I know u kiwi and i know your love for dimension stuff etc...but as i said i am in the game for building...and only building...if i can't build theres no reason for me to stay...

    I also think Trion is going to listen, because they often did in the past...i just don't know why they are always trying the same s... over and over again...it doesn't work for the com...end.

    Hi again and thanks I appreciate everyone also

    Think of it this way...raiders have to roll on loot weekly spend months missing out on things to complate a set of armor. Maybe the goal here is to form a 5 man and work on it daily, come up with a plan. I hear what you say about chests and such also but we do still have items turn up in Rift bags they are just old and perhaps we have a surplus but for new players its still an option.

    The artifact items drop from trash maybe farming trash only or jumping into a group that doesn't care for Dimensions (/begs guild mates herself heh) I can understand what you are saying but seeing the amount of things coming and this reaction straight out the gate is a little saddening because of how much work goes into this sector and straight away its shot down without an effort but that's ok right? Everyone is allowed to have an opinion the only difference with mine is I have faith our progression is on par because those at the helm of it are as passionate about Dimensions as we are.

    These items are our end game.
    These items are exclusive and exceptional.


    Like PvP also who also make premade to grind the currency they need, the best items in game should take time.

    We still have a few more things coming in this 2.5 patch: Official Bog 2.5 Update

    So much to still happen and look forward to and its not about turning the game into just a building one its about turning it into one that requires less and less effort to actually play the game, explore the world, experience the content the creative team put so much work into and its awesome.

    That's what I don't want to see in any sector and I know I'm not alone on that.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-08-2013 at 01:17 AM.

  8. #8
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    I agree...you can't force ppl in this game to do everything trion want's...then there's simply not enough time left over to do the things you like in the game...

    Dont't get me wrong, the idea of collecting and unlocking is great...see the hailol artefacts set...sooo many artefacts...and i bought them...i also found some and sold the ones i had twice...^^ THAT was and is still great...it is possible and i like it...even if i have to leave my dimensions for that

    I remember there was a time you could find Artefacst in chests inside dungeons...why don't do this again...chets does mean everyone can loot them...the prob with rolling on items is u can only roll on blue items i guess...not green...not white...so what about others then blue artefacts -.- put them in chests and make the chests lootable instanced for everyone, so that every member of a group can loot a chest for once inside one dungeon. And don't make it soulbound!

    This would work for me. And for others to i guess...ppl who farm them and sell them...ppl who wants them and finally can get them...because not every artefacts collector is also doing dimensions...and for ppl who farm the sets to make money with the items...all would be happy^^ me to. and trion to, because i could start to spend real money for new items^^
    I am not sure who is forcing certainly not me and Trion can do what they like keeping the "whole" game in consideration however we all know they do consider community often so this isn't any debate. I also just have a factual approach while I get out here in EI and try and 2 days later my factual approach will be the same in a month.

    Some of I've said above is to Emeraldscar but most is to you Atraius. You are correct most of my friends who will get these sets don't build Dimensions they also raid hardcore and wish their rewards weren't Dimension based BUT they are "completionists" so will get involved.

    However I wanted to say hi. Perhaps a random chest would be great that is only lootable by yourself however I have come to notice all loot in Telara via these means are soulbound for each person to receive individually so how easy that is who knows.

    Have fun, nice to say hi.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-08-2013 at 09:00 AM.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    The artifact items drop from trash maybe farming trash only or jumping into a group that doesn't care for Dimensions (/begs guild mates herself heh) I can understand what you are saying but seeing the amount of things coming and this reaction straight out the gate is a little saddening because of how much work goes into this sector and straight away its shot down without an effort but that's ok right? Everyone is allowed to have an opinion the only difference with mine is I have faith our progression is on par because those at the helm of it are as passionate about Dimensions as we are
    I guess the gold sellers can do the random trash farming as they can probably get a group faster with the financial incentive and we can go buy rex to convert to platinum to buy the items off the AH problem solved

    On a more serious note I'm a bit worried that you seem to think effort was not put in to obtaining items before comment and saying that we dont appreciate the effort put into the sector then saying we dont have the same level of faith as you?

    I completed the EI one - took some time but not unreasonable and as I said have no issue with it. I dont care about Edge of Infinity because its my least favourite zone. I dont think there is anything as far as dimension items that I even want from there but my personal opinion is that the items could be a bit more accessible by a wider range of players that raid . Us lessor raiders spend a lot of time getting our raid stuff as well!

    However if after running 5 or 6 experts in pug groups (and it would have been a lot more if the server didnt keep coming down yesterday) and seeing nothing at all drop is it wrong to assume that the drop rate will be extremely low (think of farming for a charred) and worry that we will be unable without considerable time and expense to complete a single set let alone a few or should we have run dungeons for a few weeks before comment?

    So much to still happen and look forward to and its not about turning the game into just a building one its about turning it into one that requires less and less effort to actually play the game, explore the world, experience the content the creative team put so much work into and its awesome.
    I watched your video prior to 2.5 release and looked forward to one dimension item in particular. At the time I really didnt realise that it could realistically take weeks or months to complete a set with a lot of effort. In the past I have done the hailol and puzzles etc to get dimension items and have no complaint overall but I think these ones are going to be far more onerous. I do feel a bit insulted at the implication that I would not put effort into earning them. I do understand that there may be others less prepared to put much effort in at all but I do wonder at how hard it needs to be.

    As far as the game for me goes I raid with a reasonably progressed guild both 10 man and 20 and do dailys and events, dimensions, maintain cq power, have reps maxed and nearly maxed pa etc etc and spend considerable time in game - averaging at least 5 hours a day on my main. I'm feeling a bit disappointed that my comments may have been percieved as some type of negative attack towards the new content and that I may be considered to be not putting enough effort in.

    Believe it or not my comments are not intended to insult the work of staff or yourself in Rift by any means . I am worried about the effort required to obtain some of these items without having to resort to paying a lot of money or a lot more time than what I already do spend and so decided to put my two bobs worth in.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    They have added the Sinister guy ( maybe he could always drop one from the set), You can also just farm the trash and wait until he respawn ( like do a dungeon, clear the trash until noe of the boss, go to another one until it respawn in the first one, etc)
    I wish the drop rate would a little better, i feel like farming the toxic hellbug, but i'd rather wait a few than getting them in the first week and have almost nothing to do after that, i like to build but i like to take a braek and play with my friends too ,Maybe you can try to find someone in the dim chat that would buy item for everyone and give the sets to him first then to another etc
    Last edited by Yeuo; 11-08-2013 at 07:34 AM.

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldscar View Post
    On a more serious note I'm a bit worried that you seem to think effort was not put in to obtaining items before comment and saying that we dont appreciate the effort put into the sector then saying we dont have the same level of faith as you?
    I believe I was answering the OP more than yourself Emerald which I pointed out and also requotes etc and you are correct I don't think some people do which is pretty normal cause (like many others) I at least try, look at a few things not just one and give stuff a chance- it is now day 3. Once again most of my responses are based on the original posts or requotes.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-08-2013 at 09:15 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed with the new system, having to run Experts for rare drops to unlock the items. It was made clear to me a year ago that I'd never be good enough to run experts (much less raid), so all these wonderful items are effectively beyond my reach, unless I want to pay thousands of plat for them (probably each, knowing the Rift AH).

    Ah, well. Maybe in a few years, the price will be down to something sane...

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    As i said Kiwi. The com didnt like it in the past and is not going to like it in the future. As a major member of the com you should know what happend in the dimension scene in the past and what worked out and what needet to be changed. And as i also said dimensioning is different. The whole dimensionfeature is endgame. Not only a hand full of items. And again. Its free to play. Trion needs to make money. The new system is economicly unlogical. I guess its going to be changed. The interaction of the new system is a matter of time. Time isnt endless. Ppl have to set priorities to enjoy the game. I feel forced in the new system. Forcing doesnt work out for me and the majority of members. If you dont feel forced you are one of the lucky ones. How many of the new items do you have???

  14. #14
    Telaran Torilund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Agree with these posts. This system doesn't make any sense.

    I am a completionist and a hardcore dimensioner so yea...I will be working my butt off to get access to all these items BUT:
    - I've been running experts non-stop and haven't seen a single artifact - not one.
    - If you want us to spend money, why make it SO hard to get there?
    - how many runs on average is it supposed to take to complete a set?
    - how many months (years?) is it going to take to get the one(s) we want?

    I get that this stuff is to dimensioners like end-game gear is to raiders. Fine, make it hard work to get these things. But, if I go into a raid, I know that a certain number of random items are going to drop off each boss. I haven't even seen one artifact drop. We already have to compete with people who don't even want these things, they just want to sell them and make money. Fine. It sucks but that's life. Up the drop rate at least.

    Lastly, please give us some sense of how long it's going to take to get where we want to go so we can set our internal clocks accordingly. If I know it's going to take me a month to get somewhere, I will hunker down and do the work and wait. If I have no concept because the stuff is that rare... I'm much more likely to get mad, throw my hands up in the air and say "why bother". I have projects waiting on some of these items. This "fun" thing is already becoming a source of sheer frustration rather than a challenge.

    Think about it please. Thanks, guys.

    Rule #2: Double Tap

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Valzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Case in point:

    "The Serverville Quilters' Club". They LOVE to quilt. They spend lots of money for their hobby. It's a way for all of them to get together and enjoy their common passion. The rest of the town is full of people doing their own thing, too. Everyone is content in this town.

    Then comes a dashing, charismatic gentleman at their club door. "Hello, ladies. I am a fabric salesman and I have all these beautiful, latest new designs for you!"

    Gasp... you could hear a pin drop in that room as all the quilters stared at the man in his dazzling blue suit.

    Harriet was the first to jump out of her seat, dropping her needle and thread with a sheer shriek of joy, "OH!!?? Let us see!!!! Let us see!!"

    The man set out all the wonderful fabrics, categorized them by texture and color. They were fabulous. He had so many new ones, it was overwhelming. The ladies applauded the designs and started whispering to each other how they could incorporate them into their fabulous quilts. They were drooling at the mouths and could barely contain themselves.

    Sally spoke next, "How much are they? I will give you so much money for these. Or I can work for them doing odd, little jobs here and there."

    "Oh, I'm so sorry" the man answered, "In order to obtain these fabulous goodies, you have to run the town's 10 mile marathon. During the run, you may find some small packages in your path. Open the packages and you will receive a token. Keep running marathons until you've found all the tokens. Then I will take the tokens and give you a piece of fabric. After that, you can purchase that fabric. However, I DO have some nice music to sell you."

    "WHAT?!" Gertrude was shocked. "Am I hearing you correctly? I can't run a marathon! I have a bad hip! Music? Uhh, is it Elvis?"

    "I used to run marathons", proclaimed Gladys. "We had fun back in those days, but it doesn't interest me anymore. I like spending my time quilting. Any other spare time I have to give to my ailing husband."

    Agnes looked puzzled. "I don't understand. Why will marathon runners want quilting fabric?"

    "They'll probably try to sell them to us, Agnes." Mabel said in a stern, dissatisfied tone."

    "Now, now ladies," as the gentleman tried to assure the quilters, "think of it as getting back into the community and enjoying ALL the town once again."

    "But I don't enjoy everything about this town", Harriet stated. "I like my family (and the butcher) *snicker* and of course I love this group and making quilts. That's me. It's who I am."

    After the man left, the ladies were distraught and sad that getting their hands on these new, lovely pieces of fabric won't happen, at least not for a long time. Meanwhile, they will keep crafting quilts with the same old fabric and patterns, attempting new things with them. And the marathon runners will have fabric eventually. And they will sell them to the quilters for unreasonable prices.

    All the while, the quilters will hold faith that a different salesman will come knocking with offers that are more up their ally.

    The end

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts