+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Am I missing something with new items in this update?

Default Am I missing something with new items in this update?

In the Rift store for dimensions, all I see "new" are trophies achieved with artifact sets that are in dungeons. Besides the new music boxes and Infinity gate key, I don't see anything else. Am I missing something? The trophies are awesome, and most of them are what I have been waiting for, such as the waterfall effect and some cool looking building stuff, lights, new door, etc. But I can only get them with artifact sets?

Trion spoiled us by allowing us to purchase most things (including a couple mounts I had originally worked so hard for, and then they became available for anyone to buy with credits, to name only a few things that happened that way). I lived with it and kept spending money like crazy because I love dimensions so much. I quit running dungeons. Heck I even quit running anything. I log on for the dimensions only!!

This latest thing, though has me baffled. All my friends/guildies left Rift and I am solo now all the time. Dungeons aren't an option for me unless I shift gears and make new buddies this late in the game to run dungeons with. Then there's the all-defying battle of who will get to the shinies first.

I want the new stuff and am willing to pay for it, just like 99% of the dim stuff has been thus far until now. I am not happy. Please tell me I'm just missing seeing something in the store.

I am not a whiner or someone that expects something for nothing. I ran plenty of dungeons back in the day and worked hard in the game. But the Rift store DID spoil us and now here's this turn-about that leaves me in the dark.

Ok, I whined. Just wanted to get it off my chest.

Plane Touched

I understand what you're saying here and I empathise !

I have left rift full time now, as the last patch (2.4) has put me in the position of needing to run dungeons in order to continue my raiding in rift.

Out of everything in rift, running dungeons is my pet hate, I loathed it (ex raid healer) and up until 2.4 I was able to avoid it completely. Yes, it took me time to get my goodies, but there was always an alternative to running dungeons. 2.4 took that away from me. So I left rift full time.

I'm not surprised about this latest change and I feel your pain.

Relm of Twisted dreams aside, expert dungeons aren't vary difficult. I have run enough to get raid ready on two characters, i have no problem whatsoever with any new world dungeons apart from Relm. What i DO have a problem with is the abysmal drop rate of the artifacts.

Edit: Dungeon artifacts are tradeable.
    Last edited by Zelurk; 11-06-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    Zenahk@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Zelurk View Post
    Relm of Twisted dreams aside, expert dungeons aren't vary difficult. I have run enough to get raid ready on two characters, i have no problem whatsoever with any new world dungeons apart from Relm. What i DO have a problem with is the abysmal drop rate of the artifacts.

Edit: Dungeon artifacts are tradeable.
    Like I said, I have run dungeons countless times in the past. I simply don't anymore. I never said they were too difficult or whatever. I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for the artifacts.

That aside, I agree with Trion making certain objects more rare to get. I applaud that actually. However, ALL the new cool items for decorating can only be obtained via dungeons. That is my sore spot.

It would be wonderful to see more crafted items and also items obtained by completing quests, not just world event quests where you get some sap and spend them. I'm talking as solo quest rewards in the open world in where those quests are there all the time.
    I will not run dungeons anymore. It's not for me in this particular game. So I won't be getting the cool new stuff for my dims. I will swallow that and keep on trucking.

Plane Touched

I never said that dungeons were hard or anything like that, its just that there are - some good dungoens - some bad dungeons, some good groups - some bad groups, some good tanks - some bad tanks, some good healers - some bad healers, some good dps - some bad dps, some jerks and sometimes no jerks ...

Dungeons are simply not for me / doesn't matter why really.

It's when a game stops giving me an alternative to a part of game-play that I don't like that's when I stop paying and/or playing.

I think Trion is just trying to bring some balance to dimension items. When Rift went f2p we had price overload with a TON of new dimension items and it took a while to reach a place where everyone was comfortable with it. Then they added dim items in overworld drops, and dim items to be bought with world event currency. Now they're adding dim items connected to dungeons and artifact collections.

I think it's great that they're giving us options, and if you really don't want to do dungeons for the artifacts then you can either watch for them on AH or watch for the dim items themselves after people who complete the set start putting those items up for auction. I don't feel that Trion is forcing us to do everything in the game, but they are rewarding those who do enjoy every aspect of the game like me. If the items were soul- or account bound then there would be cause for concern since the only way to get them for yourself would be to do everything yourself. This way we have a choice, and that's good.

Shield of Telara

They cant have it both ways though.

I have a feeling dimension people are supporting this game financially right now. The prices for dimension items are beyond ridiculous. Both in credits as well as platinum.

Now I dont mind the added 'gate' of needing to finish an artifact achievement, but to have a ridiculous price on top of that is over kill.

I am going by what I saw on the PTS, so they may have been lowered, I doubt it. But they would have to be quite a bit lower actually to make them even decently priced.

Since dimensions as of now are just fluff, and I doubt even if/when PvP is introduced they will gain anything beyond a curiosity factor for a lot of people then what we're spending money on is just for ourselves or maybe a few people left who care about dimensions enough to go look at other peoples "work".

Mounts can be explained, but when some of the decorations are more than top level mounts are in the store there is a disconnect. Its price gouging the RP segment. I dont even RP, but I do like doing the dimensions when nothing else is going on.

rant off

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I think Trion is just trying to bring some balance to dimension items.
    I don't have a problem with that. As a matter of fact I support new choices. The more, the better.
    But... ALL THE NEW cool dim items are to be gotten with dungeon artifacts. There's zero balance there. We've been waiting quite awhile for some nice new things. I understand a few items being from artifacts, but ALL of them? (Except of course some music boxes... )

Personally I don't feel like we've been waiting quite a while for new items, I already listed all the new things they've given us and I feel quite overwhelmed by all of it. Every time I hear about new items added my thought is "really? we get new stuff again?! YAY!!!" I'm quite content to keep playing with just the 2.3 items, but I do love that we keep getting more. And while they may not balance the way you get items each update, over the long haul it's great to see more ways to get them.

It's not that I want to argue over this, it just upsets me that every time we get new things different people always find something wrong with what Trion's doing. I understand when we have valid concerns, but can't we just be grateful when we're getting anything at all?

I was actually a little disappointed that the new dim is locked by raids. I have NEVER completed a raid because I simply don't have that many friends and I detest pickup groups for some of the reasons people mentioned in this thread. But I chose to focus on what I can do and the fact that we are still being included in major updates when dimensions are only one part of Rift. So for that reason I am excited and would love to hear the enthusiasm of others. Faratha's team works hard on these items and I would hate for them to get discouraged because no one has anything positive to say.

/rant off

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Music Boxes are available to all
    Indicator available to all
    New items search, New Axis tool.

Trophy's are fantastic for us to keep Dimensions alive, to help new people needing to do Experts to get some runs with more experienced people and for Dimensioneers to keep enthused about getting involved in content also - an incentive that makes me smile to keep our entire game busy.

Basic Timeline
    2.3 - New store items
    New Dimension - Threesprings
    2.4 - World Drops
    Mathosia Mayhem Drops
    Autumn Harvest Currency Items
    New Dimension - Deepwood
    2.5 - Trophy's & Tools Update

In 6 months we have had an influx of new items in many different ways. Crafting is still yet to be touched but I have faith when there is updates to actual foraged/harvested items we will see something. It just makes sense. We have to remember everything is about progression. PvP, PvE - even Dimensions. There needs to be a process and so much thought goes into all of this.

I am so excited to get back into Experts, redo my specs and run with my guild. This is an MMO RPG encouraging group play and community is vital. I am happy to hang out with you sometime Valzen it would be fun

PS) The West Ember Isles Items are via quests: Click for 2.5 Article with Video & Screenshots.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-06-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Shield of Telara

well when i ride around I see a lot of things we could still get.

First and foremost are new floor types. The floor in sanctum that looks like marble would be cool. Or more spread out uneven tile types. Not just the small 4x4 or whatever theyre supposed to represent.

also in that line some pathway type stuff to put outside. Dirt, broken stones, tile patterns, scalloped designs. There are plenty of examples around.

Nicer wall segments, the Brevanic is a good start. Also the design of the stuff in Eastern Holdings.

Rift Disciple

The new items you've wondered about are the ones I've been trying to get -- from artifact set completion. I've been running experts very, very frequently since they mentioned artifacts dropping in experts last patch I believe it was? I've gotten 4 whole artifacts. They are only from archive of flesh and realm of twisted dreams. Nadda out of the others. I wonder if drop rates have been overlooked .. I really hope not, maybe I just have terrible luck...

(I havent seen these on the AH but a twyl deck for 800p)

Plane Touched

The way I see it, there are already four ways to acquire these new dimension items:
    1. Run expert dungeons yourself and collect the artifacts.
    2. Purchase the artifacts from the Auction House.
    3. Purchase the dimension items from the Auction House.
    4. Purchase the dimension items from a friend who has collected the artifacts.

This seems like a pretty reasonable range of options to me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    The way I see it, there are already four ways to acquire these new dimension items:
    1. Run expert dungeons yourself and collect the artifacts.
    2. Purchase the artifacts from the Auction House.
    3. Purchase the dimension items from the Auction House.
    4. Purchase the dimension items from a friend who has collected the artifacts.

This seems like a pretty reasonable range of options to me.
    Yes, I agree with this stream of consciousness -- just let me acquire them! List them on AH or message me at Amory@deepwood -- I love these items, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    Personally I don't feel like we've been waiting quite a while for new items, I already listed all the new things they've given us and I feel quite overwhelmed by all of it. Every time I hear about new items added my thought is "really? we get new stuff again?! YAY!!!" I'm quite content to keep playing with just the 2.3 items, but I do love that we keep getting more. And while they may not balance the way you get items each update, over the long haul it's great to see more ways to get them.

It's not that I want to argue over this, it just upsets me that every time we get new things different people always find something wrong with what Trion's doing. I understand when we have valid concerns, but can't we just be grateful when we're getting anything at all?

I was actually a little disappointed that the new dim is locked by raids. I have NEVER completed a raid because I simply don't have that many friends and I detest pickup groups for some of the reasons people mentioned in this thread. But I chose to focus on what I can do and the fact that we are still being included in major updates when dimensions are only one part of Rift. So for that reason I am excited and would love to hear the enthusiasm of others. Faratha's team works hard on these items and I would hate for them to get discouraged because no one has anything positive to say.

/rant off
    First of all I don't want to argue either. You're wonderful person and great to have around on the forums and in the dim chat.

Secondly I didn't start this post raging mad. I merely voiced my sadness that all th new cool stuff, except music boxes, are obtained via dungeons.

Thirdly, I agreed that there needs to more ways of aquiring items. Just not all new ones at once, if that makes sense.

And lastly, how else are the devs to know that we don't like something if we don't voice it? I know that team works hard to please us. And it's because we talk about the negative as well as the positive.

I stated in another post in this thread that I'm swallowing it and will carry on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast