+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Jirahar
  • 3 Post By Everfire
  • 3 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Rodarin
  • 2 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Treble

Thread: What are your best tips for generating spending money for dimensions?

Rift Chaser

Default What are your best tips for generating spending money for dimensions?

I love dimensions, as I'd imagine everyone in here does. However, I'm a new 60, and I find that many of the dimension items I like are a bit costly in terms of platinum, so my building and decorating is going slowly.

I'd like to hear your best suggestions for generating revenue to spend on dimension goodies. I'm an Outfitter who sells the occasional Empyrean Bag, but there's a crafter on my server who tends to flood that section of the auction house, so it really is only the occasional sale.

Many thanks for reading!

You will make more plat selling the mats than the bags. At least that's been my experience. Good luck!

Rift Chaser

Thank you so much, Zywen! I genuinely appreciate it.

Plane Touched

in fact, I find that I make most plat by selling "materials" to make things rather than the crafted stuff.
    I'd recommend maxing out all of your gathering skills - mining, butchering, herbing (plants & trees), plus if you've the time and enjoy it, FISHING will also make plat, but you can also fish up dimension items.

lv60 crafting rifts, refine the catalysts then sell them. req 360 apothicary
    Zenahk@Laethys

Rift Chaser

Hey, I didn't even think about crafting rifts! Thanks, Zelurk.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

As others have said, crafting mats. On Greybriar, karthite and elm are high value, if you have a miner or a forager. Cloth would likely go for more than bags. Dust, as others have also said.

Yes, many of the items are expensive. Fishing is a cheap alternative, and the items fished up, while they might not be exactly what you were looking for, can always be morphed into something else that may be perfect for you. Getting items with event currency is full of win. If you don't use the items you bought with currency, you can sell them after the event ends at a premium.

Cruise the AH. Many times, people will buy items or receive them in mystery boxes to find out they don't like an item. Rather than vendoring for 1s, they'll post these items for far, far less than the price from the store (yes, there are those jerks who post auctions higher than you can buy them from the vendor).

Take up hoarding. When you receive a dim item, keep it, even if you think you hate it, even if you think you'll never, ever use it. You never know when it might come in handy, and rather than paying a premium, you'll already have it. Stash your collection in a spare free dim (you can do the quests for the starter dimensions in both Freemarch and Silverwood and receive both, unless that's recently been changed) and only upgrade as absolutely necessary.

Good luck to you, welcome to the addiction, and I hope all the tips are helpful!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

The credit price is generally going to be cheaper than the plat price for most things. Obviously there are still the 20 G and 40G items that have a base 1 credit price but for the most part 85G per credit is the typical ratio you want to look at.

That means you can buy a REX for 1000P and get a better bang for your buck, you also get the loyalty.

So maybe rather than spend plat in the store buy REX which at least the past few weeks on the NA servers are easily available for 1000P, many times even less.

But you obviously still need to make plat to do that as well. If youre newer or have a difficult time saving then you might not get to 1000P easily. But if you run dailies and sell mats and loot everything it shouldnt take too long to get 1000P.

But the most direct way to get plat is to do the fishing daily. Unless they nerfed its pay out. I dont do it so I dont know how long it takes, but it used to be 12P per turn in, so if you have 6 or more toons thats 72+P a day right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    <snip>
    ... Take up hoarding.
    I lol'd.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 11-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I dig out my forager and miner when I need cash. Sometimes I try to combine tasks such as farming for dropped items and cloth to sell at the same time. I also keep quantum sight up when I do this for a chance at a little extra from artifacts.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Rift Chaser

Thank you Feendish, Rodarin, and Treble! Rodarin, the fishing daily tip is especially helpful. I'll be sure to try that!

The dimension community seems to be a really good one -- folks here have been generous with the good advice, and I appreciate it. It's wonderful to see!

I sell everything on the ah. Even if I think its crap anything from lowbee cloth to catas . I also have all the gatering skills and just pick up anything.

+ Reply to Thread