+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Glitchy sky projectors (rain and autumn harvest).

  1. #1
    Telaran Jric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default Glitchy sky projectors (rain and autumn harvest).

    First I put down the weather projector, then I put down the autumn harvest projector. They both worked. I got the rain and the night sky. But when I return to my dimension it glitches. Either the autumn harvest sky will not be on or the rain will turn off. A bit glitchy. I'm in Stone Flask Tavern when this happens.
    Last edited by Jric; 11-05-2013 at 11:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser exanimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jric View Post
    First I put down the weather projector, then I put down the autumn harvest projector. They both worked. I got the rain and the night sky. But when I return to my dimension it glitches. Either the autumn harvest sky will not be on or the rain will turn off. A bit glitchy. I'm in Stone Flask Tavern when this happens.
    Agreed, I have the Autumn Harvest projector in Deepwood Cottage and last time I logged in the sky was normal for that dim. I haven't tried using weather effects there.
    RIFT in peace.

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    When you stack projectors in a dimension, it seems there is a coding issue as to which sky you might see. Two people in your dimension at the same time can see two different skies. Most people run into this issue in Kestrel's with trying to stop the snow by using either Fire or Space and something else, but I imagine it would be the same in any dimension where you try to stack projectors.

    As far as using the Harvest projector in Deepwood Cottage, I'm a bit confused, because it's the same sky. If you're not seeing the big full moon without a projector, that sounds like a bug report.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  4. #4
    Telaran Jric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    As far as using the Harvest projector in Deepwood Cottage, I'm a bit confused, because it's the same sky. If you're not seeing the big full moon without a projector, that sounds like a bug report.
    I'm in Stone Flask Tavern :P.

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    We just built in a Stone Flask Tavern and this is where the moon is for us so it will depend what you have where.

    1) Zone in:

    Attachment 15493

    2) Looking up at the highest point next to waterfall:

    Attachment 15494

    If you take rendering times into consideration and zone out and in you will see there is no glitch there simply can only be one sky/weather effect at play. It may "seem" like both work together but it will shift every time you rezone.

  6. #6
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jric View Post
    I'm in Stone Flask Tavern :P.
    You're right, and I apologize for not multiquoting. Stacking of projectors is going to be the same no matter what dimension you use. As far as the Deepwood Cottage goes, there's no reason to use the Autumn Harvest projector because the sky is the same as the projector. In your case, it's an either/or. You either have the rain, or you have the moon. Simply a limitation.

    Kiwi is also correct when she says there is only one effect at a time. Which effect you might see seems to be totally random.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  7. #7
    Telaran Jric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    So it's actually more of a glitch that it does show both sometimes lol. Like a night sky with rain pouring down? Bother, I liked it being dark and rainy ><. Can I make a request that with weather stuff it won't change the sky? :P.
    Last edited by Jric; 11-06-2013 at 05:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Champion Akhor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jric View Post
    So it's actually more of a glitch that it does show both sometimes lol. Like a night sky with rain pouring down? Bother, I liked it being dark and rainy ><. Can I make a request that with weather stuff it won't change the sky? :P.
    This is an excellent idea! Rather than have the weather be tied to a projector maybe we could have something that allows you to toggle rain/snow/clear skies without affecting how the sky looks. I haven't really looked at the sky when using a precipitator but I bet it would look awesome with the air or water skies!

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    This is an excellent idea! Rather than have the weather be tied to a projector maybe we could have something that allows you to toggle rain/snow/clear skies without affecting how the sky looks. I haven't really looked at the sky when using a precipitator but I bet it would look awesome with the air or water skies!
    I remember Faratha saying during the Arena competition that any weather or sky effect could only be implemented globally within the Dimension though they keep working on it because she would like to stop snow etc going into buildings.

  10. #10
    Telaran Jric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I haven't really looked at the sky when using a precipitator but I bet it would look awesome with the air or water skies!
    When you put the precipitator down, it brings along with it the water sky effect I think. I went into my dim today and it both were working again (rain + autumn night sky). It's a bit temperamental lol. I should do a test on another computer to see how it shows up.
    Last edited by Jric; 11-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.

  11. #11
    General of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jric View Post
    When you put the precipitator down, it brings along with it the water sky effect I think.
    This. No projector needed unless you want a different sky.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 11-07-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts